World Guide Number: 37-20-10
Span: 165 feet
Stream: McKenzie River
Directions: Take Hwy. 126 east out of Springfield about 25.5 miles through the scenic McKenzie River Valley to Goodpasture Rd.
History: One of the most beautiful and photographed covered bridges in the state, the Goodpasture Covered Bridge is also the second longest covered bridge in Oregon. The structure has superb architectural detailing, including 10 gothic style louvered windows on each side, false end beams, semi-elliptical portals, and a 165 foot housed Howe truss.
Lane County spent $13,154 constructing the bridge in 1938 and it was named for the pioneer Goodpasture family, who settled near the town of Vida.
Increased traffic weakened the bridge and in 1987, County officials decided to rehabilitate it instead of bypassing it. Lane County spent $750,000 to complete work on the bridge, road, approaches, and wing wall. Today many tourists gather to see the Christmas decorations that routinely adorn the bridge during the Christmas season.