BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
(View Material) is
in PDF format. To view PDF (Adobe Acrobat) documents, you need the free
reader. If you don't have it, click here to download FREE!
Absolutely no obligation!:
or, if you want to read how to install first before you go to ADOBE, click here!
NOW AVAILABLE: Webcasts to view Board Meetings from your computer. Click here to go to webcasts!
MONDAY, JANUARY 3, 2005 - SWEARING-IN CEREMONY
10:00 a.m. (Harris Hall)
MUSIC: Jazz Band - Shasta Middle School (Directed by Mr. Joe Ingram)
ADMINISTRATION OF OATHS:
The Honorable Mary Ann Bearden, Circuit Judge, Presiding
Bobby Green, Sr., Commissioner, North Eugene District
Peter Sorenson, Commissioner, South Eugene District
Faye H. Stewart, Commissioner, East Lane District
Russel Burger, Sheriff
Doug Harcleroad, District Attorney
MONDAY, JANUARY 3, 2005 - STATE OF THE COUNTY ADDRESS
(following Swearing-In Ceremony) (Harris Hall, Main Floor)
MUSIC: Jazz Band
WELCOME (Commissioner Green)
CALL TO ORDER (Commissioner Green)
INTRODUCTIONS (Commissioner Sorenson)
STATE OF THE COUNTY ADDRESS (Commissioner Green)
RECOGNITION BY CHAIR (Commissioner Green)
ELECTION OF CHAIR (Commissioner Green)
ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIR (New Chair)
RECOGNITION OF OUTGOING CHAIR (New Chair)
MUSIC: America the Beautiful (starring Stephen Vorhes, vocalist)
NOTE: Reception following (catered by Palace Bakery and Martin Luther King, Jr. Education Center Culinary Program).
MONDAY JANUARY 3, 2005 - REGULAR MEETING
(1:30 p.m.) (Commissionersí Conference Room)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
#2. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. PUBLIC HEARING AND FINAL ORDER 05-1-3-1/In the Matter of Surrender of a Portion of Lincoln Avenue (County Road Number 1131) and a Portion of South 10th Street (County Road Numbers 1163 and 1930) to the City of Cottage Grove (NBA & PM 12/8/04) (Bill Robinson) (View Material)
#3. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes. If the number wishing to testify exceeds 7 speakers, each speaker's time may be reduced to fit within 20 minutes.)
4. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
5. COMMISSIONERS' REMONSTRANCE (2 min. limit)
6. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
7. PUBLIC WORKS
a. ORDER 05-1-3-2/In the Matter of Approving a Project Design Concept for Shoestring Road at MP 2.95 Based on the Design Concept in Exhibit B and Authorizing Staff to Prepare a Right-of-Way Plan Necessary to Construct the Road, Pursue All Necessary Planning Actions and Prepare Plans and Specifications for Improvement of Said Road. (Sonny Chickering) (15 mins.) (View Material)
b. ORDER 05-1-3-3/In the Matter of Appointing Douglass Moser and Susan Forester, and Re-appointing David Bingham, Mike Koivula and Chris Melotti to the Vegetation Management Advisory Committee. (VMAC)(Sonny Chickering) (5 mins.) (View Material)
c. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance No. PA 1219/In the Matter of Amending Lane Code General Plan Policies (an Element of the Lane County Rural Comprehensive Plan) by Revising Goal Two Policy 27.a.ii; Implementing Housekeeping Revisions to Goal Two Policy 27; and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses. (Second Reading and Public Hearing: January 19, 2005, 1:30 pm) (Bill Sage) (5 mins.) (View Material)
d. ORDER 05-1-3-4/In the Matter of Appointing Members to a Region 2050 Farm and Forest Committee to Consider and Analyze Forestland and Agricultural Lands Under ORS 197.656(6). (Stephanie Schulz) (15 mins.) (View Material)
8. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
9. CONSENT CALENDAR (2 mins.)
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * *
A. Approval of Minutes:
May 12, 2004, Work Session, 9:00 a.m.
May 12, 2004, Work Session, 1:30 p.m.
May 18, 2004, Work Session, 9:00 a.m.
September 15, 2004 Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
November 23, 2004, Regular Meeting, Following Board of Health
B. County Administration
1) ORDER 05-1-3-5/In the Matter of Appointing Steven Ward to the Lane County Fair Board. (View Material)
2) ORDER 05-1-3-6/In the Matter of Appointing Doug Harcleroad, District Attorney, to Fill a Vacancy on the Public Safety Coordinating Council. (View Material)
3) ORDER 05-1-3-7/In the Matter of Appointing Russel Burger, Sheriff, to Fill a Vacancy on the Public Safety Coordinating Council. (View Material)
4) ORDER 05-1-3-8/In the Matter of Appointing Greg Hazarabedian, Public Defender, to Fill a Vacancy on the Public Safety Coordinating Council. (View Material)
C. County Counsel
1) ORDER 05-1-3-9/In the Matter of Selecting Newspapers to Publish Ballots, Monthly Notice of Expenditures, Personal Property Tax Warrants, and Notices of Real Property Tax Foreclosure. (View Material)
D. Management Services
1) ORDER 05-1-3-10/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property to OAESYS Corporation (Map # 18-12-34-13-01300, Located in the Siuslaw River Tidelands, Florence). (View Material)
2) ORDER 05-1-3-11/In the Matter of Authorizing the County Administrator to Execute a One Year Lease Agreement with the Housing Authority and Community Services Agency as Lessor and Lane County as Lessee for the Lane Stabilization and Rehabilitation Center Located at 2222 Coburg Road, Eugene with Annual Rent of $89,256. (View Material)
E. Public Works
1) ORDER 05-1-3-12/In the Matter of the Alteration of the Portion of Marcola Road (Portions of County Roads 20, 156, 346 and 411) From the Mohawk River, Northeasterly, to Parsons Creek Road, Being Located Within Sections 23, 24, 26, 27 and 34, Township 16 South, and Section 3, Township 17 South, Range 2 West of the Willamette Meridian. (View Material)
2) ORDER 05-1-3-13/In the Matter of Appointing Five Members to Fill Vacancies on the Resource Recovery Advisory Committee.
3) ORDER 05-1-3-14/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract to Valley Equipment Company, Inc. in the Amount of $138,104.00, for the Purchase of One (1), New, Truck Chassis Mounted 4,000 Gallon Bituminous Distributor, Contract FY04/05 FS-04. (View Material)
F. Workforce Partnership
1) ORDER 05-1-3-15/In the Matter of Appointing a Member to the Lane Workforce Partnership Board of Directors. (View Material)
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * *
MONDAY, JANUARY 3, 2005 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
10. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
11. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
12. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
13. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
14. OTHER BUSINESS
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting: Wednesday, January 12, 2005.