BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
(View Material) is
in PDF format. To view PDF (Adobe Acrobat) documents, you need the free
reader. If you don't have it, click here to download FREE!
Absolutely no obligation!:
or, if you want to read how to install first before you go to ADOBE, click here!
NOW AVAILABLE: Webcasts to view Board Meetings from your computer. Click here to go to webcasts!
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2005 - WORK SESSION
9:00 a.m. to Noon (Commissioners' Conference Room)
1. PUBLIC COMMENT
2. WORK SESSION
a. Compensation Plan Project Scope (Greta Utecht and Bruce Lawson) VIEW MATERIAL
3. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
4. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
5. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
6. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2005 - JOINT ELECTED OFFICIALS’ MEETING
7:00 p.m. (LCOG, Springfield conference room)
DISCUSSION/City of Coburg Request for Connection to the Metropolitan Wastewater Management Commission (MWMC) Wastewater Facilities
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2005 - REGULAR MEETING
9:00 a.m. (Commissioners’ Conference Room)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
# 2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes. If the number wishing to testify exceeds 7 speakers, each speaker's time may be reduced to fit within 20 minutes.)
3. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
4. COMMISSIONERS' REMONSTRANCE (2 min. limit)
5. MANAGEMENT SERVICES
a. REPORT/GFOA Award. (David Suchart) (5 mins.)
b. ORDER 05-10-12-1/In the Matter of Allowing Eligible Retirees to Choose Either to Enroll in the County’s Current Medicare Supplement Plan or to Receive a Quarterly Payment in the Amount of the Premiums for the Medicare Supplement Plan. (Karen Artiaco) (15 mins.) VIEW MATERIAL
c. ORDER 05-10-12-2/In the Matter of Revising the Lane County Human Rights Advisory Committee (LCHRAC) Bylaws. (Greta Utecht) (10 mins.) VIEW MATERIAL
d. ORDER 05-10-12-3/In the Matter of Revising Lane Manual Section 3.540 Regarding the Membership Terms for the Lane County Human Rights Advisory Committee. (Greta Utecht) (10 mins.) VIEW MATERIAL
e. ORDER 05-10-12-4/In the Matter of Appointing Ten (10) New Members to the Lane County Human Rights Advisory Committee. (Greta Utecht) (10 mins.) VIEW MATERIAL
f. ORDER 05-10-12-5/In the Matter of Ratifying the Tentative Agreement Between Lane County and the Sheriff’s Office with the Lane County Peace Officers’ Association. (Frank Forbes) (10 mins.)
6. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. REPORT/Extension Service Quarterly Report. (Charlotte Riersgard) (15 mins.) VIEW MATERIAL
b. REPORT/Public Safety Task Force. (Jim Johnson) (60 mins.) VIEW MATERIAL
c. ORDER 05-10-12- /In the Matter of Urging the USA Track & Field Governing Committee to Award the 2008 US Olympic Track and Field Trials to the Oregon Track Club, Eugene, Oregon. VIEW MATERIAL
7. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
8. PUBLIC WORKS
a. ORDER 05-9-21-2/Vacating a Portion of B Street, a Public Road Within the Plat of Coles’ First Addition to Marcola, as Platted and Recorded in Book 3, Page 4, Lane County, Oregon Plat Records, Without a Public Hearing, and Adopting Findings of Fact (16-01-18-33). (NBA & PM 9/21/05) (10 mins.) VIEW MATERIAL
b. ORDER 05-10-12-6/In the Matter of Appointing One Member (Todd Johnston) to the Lane County Planning Commission. (Commissioner Morrison and Commissioner Stewart) (15 mins.) VIEW MATERIAL
9. CONSENT CALENDAR (2 mins.)
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
A. Approval of Minutes:
April 13, 2005, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
May 18, 2005, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
September 13, 2005, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
September 13, 2005, Joint Fair Board, 12:00 noon
September 21, 2005, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
September 21, 2005, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
B. Health and Human Services
1) ORDER 05-10-12-7/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract in the Amount of $140,191 to Emergence for Drug Court Outpatient Addiction Treatment. (Department of Health & Human Services) (34). VIEW MATERIAL
C. Management Services
1) ORDER 05-10-12-8/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property to Green Eye, LLC for $40,000 (Map #17-04-25-44-00900, 267 Van Buren, Eugene). VIEW MATERIAL
2) ORDER 05-10-12-9/In the Matter of award of Bid LCB 2005-10 for a Construction Contract for Lane County Community Corrections Center Roof Replacement In the Amount of $97,209. VIEW MATERIAL
3) ORDER 05-10-12-10/In the Matter of Award of Bid LCB 2005-9 for a Construction Contract for Lane County Jail Roof Replacement in the Amount of $44,331. VIEW MATERIAL
D. Public Works
1) ORDER 05-10-12-11/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Two Parcels of County Owned Real Property Adjacent to Northwest Expressway on Filbert Avenue, Identified as Tax Lots 17-04-23-44 4100 & 4200. VIEW MATERIAL
2) ORDER 05-10-12-12/In the Matter of the Alteration of a Portion of Clear Lake Road (County Road No. 1174), from Jensen Lane to Canary Road, Located in Sections 11, 12, 13, 14, 23 & 24, Township 19 South, Range 12 West of the Willamette Meridian. VIEW MATERIAL
3) ORDER 05-10-12-13/In the Matter of the Alteration of a Portion of Upper North Fork Road (County Road Number 513) Located in Sections 5, 6 and 7, Township 17 South, Range 10 West of the Willamette Meridian. VIEW MATERIAL
4) ORDER 05-10-12-14/In the Matter of the Alteration of a Portion of Brice Creek Road (Portions of County Road Numbers 81, 737, and 1207) Located in Sections 7, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22 and 23, Township 22 South, Range 1 East of the Willamette Meridian. VIEW MATERIAL
E. Assessment & Taxation
1) ORDER 05-10-12-15/In the Matter of Approving Settlement of the Cricket Communications, Inc. (Also Known as Leap Wireless International, Inc.) and the Genuity Inc. Tax Claims in Bankruptcy Court, and Approving the Cancellation of Taxes Remaining on the Cricket/Leap, Genuity, and K-Mart Affected Accounts. VIEW MATERIAL
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2005 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
10. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
11. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
12. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
13. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660 - 11:30 a.m. TIME CERTAIN
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
14. OTHER BUSINESS
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Tuesday, October 18 and/or Wednesday, October 19, 2005.