BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
(View Material) is
in PDF format. To view PDF (Adobe Acrobat) documents, you need the free
reader. If you don't have it, click here to download FREE!
Absolutely no obligation!:
or, if you want to read how to install first before you go to ADOBE, click here!
NOW AVAILABLE: Webcasts to view Board Meetings from your computer. Click here to go to webcasts!
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 4, 2006 - BCC STATE OF THE COUNTY MESSAGE
(10:00 a.m.) (Harris Hall, Main Floor)
-WELCOME - Commissioner Morrison
- PRESENTATION OF COLORS - Florence Boy Scout Troop No. 777
- MUSIC SELECTION - Siuslaw High School Jazz Band performing “Jive at Five”
- CALL TO ORDER - Commissioner Morrison
- INTRODUCTIONS - Commissioner Morrison
- STATE OF THE COUNTY ADDRESS - Commissioner Morrison
- PRESENTATION OF AWARDS - Commissioner Morrison
- ELECTION OF CHAIR - (New Chair)
- ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIR - (New Chair)
- RECOGNITION OF OUTGOING CHAIR - (New Chair)
- ADJOURN TO COMMISSIONERS' CONFERENCE ROOM AREA FOR REFRESHMENTS
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 4, 2006 - REGULAR MEETING
(1:30 p.m.) (Commissioners’ Conference Room)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
# 2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes. If the number wishing to testify exceeds 7 speakers, each speaker's time may be reduced to fit within 20 minutes.)
3. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
4. COMMISSIONERS' REMONSTRANCE (2 min. limit)
6. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
7. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
8. PUBLIC WORKS
a. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance No. PA 1225/In the Matter of Adopting a Conformity Determination Amendment Pursuant to Rural Comprehensive Plan - General Plan Policies, Goal Two, Policy 27.a.iii., Amending the Plan Designation from Agriculture (A) to Forest (F) and the Zoning Designation from Exclusive Farm Use (E40) to Impacted Forest Land (F2) for a Portion (26 Acres) of Tax Lot 201 of Lane County Assessor Map 19-04-14, and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses. (File: PA 05-5060 Walsh) (Second Reading & Public Hearing: January 18, 2006, 1:30 pm). (Bill Sage) (5 mins.) VIEW MATERIAL VIEW MATERIAL 2 VIEW MATERIAL 3 VIEW MATERIAL 4
b. ORDER 06-1-4-1/In the Matter of Vacating the Alley in Block 55, in the Second Amended Plat of Fern Ridge, as Platted and Recorded in Book 6, Page 28, Lane County, Oregon Plat Records, Without a Public Hearing, and Adopting Findings of Fact (16-05-35-33). (Bill Robinson) (15 mins.) VIEW MATERIAL
9. CONSENT CALENDAR (2 mins.)
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
A. Approval of Minutes: August 10, 2005, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
November 29, 2005, Work Session, 9:00 a.m.
November 30, 2005, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
December 14, 2005, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
B. County Counsel
1) ORDER 06-1-4-2 /In the Matter of Selecting Newspapers to Publish Ballots, Monthly Statement of Expenditures, Personal Property Tax Warrants, and Notices of Real Property Tax Foreclosures. VIEW MATERIAL
C. Fair Board
1) ORDER 06-1-4-3/In the Matter of Reappointing Two Members to the Lane County Fair Board. VIEW MATERIAL
D. Management Services
1) ORDER 06-1-4-4/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property to Donald L. Kearney Jr. and Denise Kearney for $35,000 (Map # 18-03-17-12-, Tax Lots 3900, 4000 and 4200, East of 4223 Kincaid, Eugene. VIEW MATERIAL
E. Public Works
1) ORDER 06-1-4-5/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract to Farwest Truck Center in the Amount of $1,708,345.00 for the Purchase of Fifteen (15), New, 12-14 Yard Dump Trucks, with Fifteen (15) Trade-ins, Contract FY05/06 FS-07. VIEW MATERIAL
2) ORDER 06-1-4-6/In the Matter of Authorizing an Intergovernmental Agreement for the Sale of Two (2) Surplus Caterpillar Integrated Toolcarriers to Columbia County in the Amount of $135,000.00. VIEW MATERIAL
3) ORDER 06-1-4-7/In the Matter of Authorizing the County Administrator to Execute Construction Change Orders Associated with the Stagecoach Road Improvement Project in the Not-to-Exceed Amounts of $165,000 for Change Order #3 and $240,000 for Change Order #4. VIEW MATERIAL
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 4, 2006 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
10. PUBLIC SAFETY
a. First Reading and Setting Second Reading and Public Hearing/Ordinance No. 7-05/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 3 of Lane Code Regarding Regulation of and Reporting by Used Merchandise Dealers and Eliminating the Secondhand Business License Requirement (LC 3.600-3.00). (Second Reading and Public Hearing January 18, 2006, 1:30 p.m.) (Sheriff Burger) (5 mins.) VIEW MATERIAL
b. ORDER 06-1-4-8/In the Matter of Adding 1.0 FTE Sergeant to the Police Services Division in the Sheriff’s Office. (Sheriff Burger) (5 mins.) VIEW MATERIAL
11. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
a. ORDER 06-1-4-9/In the Matter of Applying for a US Department of Justice Office on Violence Against Women Arrest Grant for $400,000 and Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Execute Grant Documents. (Rob Rockstroh) (5 mins.) VIEW MATERIAL
12. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
13. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
14. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
15. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
16. OTHER BUSINESS
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 4, 2006 - REGULAR MEETING
7:00 p.m. (Eugene City Council Chambers, 777 Pearl Street, Eugene)
1. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. FIRST READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance 1-06/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 4 of Lane Code to Add Provisions for a Lane County Public Safety Income Tax, to Adopt Administration and Collection Provisions, To Renumber Differential Tax Provisions (to LC 4.005 through 4.015), and to Set an Effective Date (LC 4.500 through 4.5xx). (Continued Public Hearing: January 11, 2006 at 1:30 p.m.; Second Reading and Deliberation: February 8, 2006). VIEW MATERIAL VIEW MATERIAL
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting January 10 and/or January 11, 2006.