BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
(View Material) is
in PDF format. To view PDF (Adobe Acrobat) documents, you need the free
reader. If you don't have it, click here to download FREE!
Absolutely no obligation!:
or, if you want to read how to install first before you go to ADOBE, click here!
NOW AVAILABLE: Webcasts to view Board Meetings from your computer. Click here to go to webcasts!
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2006 - REGULAR MEETING
9:00 a.m. (Commissioners’ Conference Room)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
# 2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes. If the number wishing to testify exceeds 7 speakers, each speaker's time may be reduced to fit within 20 minutes.)
3. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
4. COMMISSIONERS' REMONSTRANCE (2 min. limit)
5. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
6. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
7. PUBLIC WORKS
a. ORDER 06-11-1-1/In the Matter of Approving the Amended Bylaws of the Vegetation Management Advisory Committee. (Orin Schumacher) (10 min.) (View Material)
b. WORK SESSION/ODOT Alternative Mobility Standards Overview. (Tom Schwetz, LCOG) (20 min.) (View Material)
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * (2 min.)
A. Approval of Minutes:
September 13, 2006, Regular Meeting, Following HACSA
September 13, 2006, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
October 4, 2006, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
October 4, 2006, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
B. Public Works
1) ORDER 06-11-1-2/In the Matter of Authorizing the County Administrator to Sign an Intergovernmental Agreement With Eugene Water & Electric Board For Road and Bridge Maintenance Services. (View Material)
2) ORDER 06-11-1-3/In the Matter of Ratifying an Application Submitted by Public Works for Grant Funding Under The National Historic Bridge Preservation Program For Parvin Covered Bridge and Delegating Contract Signature Authority to the County Administrator in the Event of a Successful Application .(View Material)
3) ORDER 06-11-1-4/In the Matter of Awarding a Professional Services Contract to Thiel Engineering for Solid Waste Engineering and Technical Services and Authorizing the County Administrator to Execute a Contract and Amendments Not to Exceed $400,000 (WM 06/07-07). (View Material)
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * *
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2006 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
9. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
10. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
11. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
12. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2006 - BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS/LANE COUNTY JUVENILE DETENTION FACILITY INSPECTION
10:00 a.m. (Juvenile Justice Center, 2727 Martin Luther King Boulevard, Eugene)
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2006 - BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS/LANE COUNTY JAIL INSPECTION
11:00 a.m. (Lane County Jail)
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2006 - JOINT BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS/ELECTED OFFICIALS' MEETING
7:00 p.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
13. PUBLIC HEARING
a. SECOND READING AND JOINT PUBLIC HEARING WITH CITY OF EUGENE/ Ordinance No. PA 1238/In the Matter of Amending the Eugene/Springfield Metropolitan Area General Plan (Metro Plan) to Revise the Goal 5 Significant Mineral and Aggregate Resources Inventory, Redesignate From “Agriculture” to “Sand & Gravel”; Rezone From “E30/Exclusive Farm Use Zone” to “SG/Sand, Gravel & Rock Products Zone” and Allow Mining on 72.31 Acres of Land Pursuant to the Goal 5 Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR 660-023); and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses (File Pa 05-6151; Delta Property Co.). (NBA & PM 10/18/06). (Stephanie Schulz)
14. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
15. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
16. OTHER BUSINESS
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Tuesday, November 7 and/or Wednesday, November 8, 2006.