BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
(View Material) is
in PDF format. To view PDF (Adobe Acrobat) documents, you need the free
reader. If you don't have it, click here to download FREE! Absolutely
or, if you want to read how to install first before you go to ADOBE, click here!
NOW AVAILABLE: Webcasts to view Board Meetings from your computer. Click here to go to webcasts!
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 15, 2006 - REGULAR MEETING
9:00 a.m. (Commissioners’ Conference Room)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
# 2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes. If the number wishing to testify exceeds 7 speakers, each speaker's time may be reduced to fit within 20 minutes.)
3. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
4. COMMISSIONERS' REMONSTRANCE (2 min. limit)
5. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. REPORT/Extension Service Quarterly Report. (Charlotte Riersgard) (15 min.) View Material
b. REPORT BACK/Public Information Plan Progress. (Doug Harcleroad and Melinda Kletzok) (15 min.) View Material
Break at 10:00 a.m.
c. REPORT/Vertical Restriction Issues on I-5 in the southern Willamette Valley. (Bob Russell, Oregon Trucking Association) (10:15 A.M. TIME CERTAIN) (40 min.) View Material
d. ORDER 06-3-15-10/In the Matter of Approving Assistance Applications for Title II Funds for the Lane County Forest Work Camp and the Department of Youth Services' Juvenile Forest Work Team for FY 05-06 and Authorizing the County Administrator to Sign the Required Applications and Task Orders. View Material
6. COMMITTEE REPORTS
Human Rights Advisory Committee
a. ORDER 06-3-15-1/In the Matter of Presenting the Annual Report of the Lane County Human Rights Advisory Committee. (Commissioner Green and Greta Utecht) (11:00 A.M. TIME CERTAIN) (15 min.) View Material
7. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
8. PUBLIC WORKS
a. ORDER 06-3-15-2/In the Matter of Authorizing Emergency Replacement of the Green Creek Road Bridge (Bridge 18751) at M.P. 0.23, Designating the Work as a Single Project Only, and Waiving Certain Road Design Standards. (Sonny Chickering) (10 min.) View Material
b. THIRD READING AND DELIBERATION/Ordinance No. 2-06/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 10 of Lane Code to Adopt Amendments to the Springfield Development Regulations for Application to Urbanizable Lands Within the Springfield Urban Growth Area (LC 16.600-15) and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses. (NBA & PM 1/25/06 & 2/15/06). (Stephanie Schulz) (15 min.) View Material
9. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * (2 min.)
A. Approval of Minutes:
August 2, 2005, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
February 8, 2006, Regular Meeting, Following HACSA
February 15, 2006, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
February 15, 2006, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
February 22, 2006, Regular Meeting, Following HACSA
February 22, 2006, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
B. Assessment and Taxation
1) ORDER 06-3-15-3/In the Matter of a Refund to Winco Foods, LLC in the Amount of $11,175.76. View Material
C. Health and Human Services
1) ORDER 06-3-15-4/In the Matter of Appointing Four Members to Fill Vacancies on the Community Action Advisory Committee (Human Services Commission Budget Planning Committee). View Material
D. Public Works
1) RESOLUTION AND ORDER 06-3-15-5/In the Matter of Setting a Public Hearing on the Proposed Surrender of 20 County Roads, or Portions Thereof, to the City of Eugene (Public Hearing: April 19, 2006, 1:30 pm). View Material
2) ORDER 06-3-15-6/In the Matter of Releasing, Dedicating and Accepting Parcel “A” of Maesner Plat, a Parcel of County Owned Real Estate, as Right of Way for County Road Number 2079 (Maesner Street) (17-04-10-14). View Material
3) ORDER 06-3-15-7/In the Matter of Releasing and Dedicating Parcels of County Owned Real Estate, as a Public Road (17-03-19-12) (Chasa Street). View Material
4) ORDER 06-3-15-8/In the Matter of Appointing a Five-Member Citizen Committee to Evaluate and Recommend Awards for the Lane County Tourism Special Project Grants for the Year 2006. View Material
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * *
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 15, 2006 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
10. MANAGEMENT SERVICES
a. ORDER 06-3-15-9/In the Matter of Creating the Classification Specifications and Salary Range for Senior Dental Hygienist. (Jan Wilbur) (10 min.) View Material
11. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
a. Oregon Department of Forestry 2005 Customer Satisfaction Survey. View Material
12. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
13. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
14. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
15. OTHER BUSINESS
1:30 p.m. (Commissioners’ Conference Room)
#16. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance No. 3-06/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 6 of Lane Code to Establish Violations for Parking in a County Park Without a Permit and for Nonpayment of Camping Fees (LC 6.530 and LC 6.580). (NBA & PM 2/22/06). (Todd Winter) View Material
b. ORDER 06-3-15-10/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 18 of the Lane Manual to Revise Park Schedules and Fees and Related Provisions to Delegate Authority to the Public Works Director to Accept Certain Donations, and to Repeal Sunset of Discount Provisions (LM 18.00, 18.110 Through 18.145). (Todd Winter) View Material
17. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
18. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
19. OTHER BUSINESS
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Tuesday, April 4 and/or Wednesday, April 5, 2006.