BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
(View Material) is
in PDF format. To view PDF (Adobe Acrobat) documents, you need the free
reader. If you don't have it, click here to download FREE! Absolutely
or, if you want to read how to install first before you go to ADOBE, click here!
NOW AVAILABLE: Webcasts to view Board Meetings from your computer. Click here to go to webcasts!
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 21, 2006 - REGULAR MEETING
9:00 a.m. (Commissioners’ Conference Room)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
# 2. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. PUBLIC HEARING AND ORDER 06-6-21-1/In the Matter of Adopting the FY 2005-2006 Supplemental Budget #3 Making, Reducing and Transferring Appropriations. (Christine Moody) ( View Material)
b. PUBLIC HEARING AND ORDER 06-6-21-2/In the Matter of Adopting the 2006-2007 Lane County Budget, Making Appropriations and Levying Taxes. (David Garnick and Bill VanVactor) View Material
# 3. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes. If the number wishing to testify exceeds 7 speakers, each speaker's time may be reduced to fit within 20 minutes.)
4. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
5. COMMISSIONERS' REMONSTRANCE (2 min. limit)
6. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. ORDER 06-6-21-3/In the Matter of Ordering the acceptance of the Recommendations of the Benton, Lane, Lincoln, Linn Regional Investment Board Regarding Funding Projects for the FY 2005-2007 Biennium. (Milo Mecham) (5 min.) (View Material)
7. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
8. PUBLIC WORKS
a. DISCUSSION/Long-Range Planning Work Projects and Revenues During the Fiscal Year 2006-2007. (Kent Howe) (30 min.) (View Material)
9. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * (2 min.)
A. Approval of Minutes:
June 20, 2005, Joint Elected Officials, 7:00 p.m.
October 25, 2005, Legislative Luncheon, 12:00 Noon
October 26, 2005, Regular Meting, 9:00 a.m.
October 26, 2005, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
May 3, 2006, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
May 17, 2006, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
May 31, 2006, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
B. County Counsel
1) ORDER 06-6-21-4/In the Matter of Approving the Use of Transient Room Tax Funds for Operational Purposes for the Florence Events Center for FY 07. (View Material)
2) ORDER 06-6-21-5/In the Matter of Approving the Use of Transient Room Tax Funds for Operational Purposes for the Fairgrounds for FY 07. (View Material)
C. Health and Human Services
1) ORDER 06-6-21-6/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract to Emergence in the Amount of $304,949 for Fiscal Year 2006-07 to Support Outpatient Problem Gambling Treatment Services. (View Material)
2) ORDER 06-6-21-7/In the Matter of Granting Authority to Mountain Retreat Secured Transport, Northwest Regional LCC, Oregon Regional Behavioral Services and Secure Transportation of Oregon to Carry Out Provision ORS 426.233 for Secure Transport Services. (View Material)
D. Management Services
1) ORDER 06-6-21-8/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property to Bran D. Nelson for $10,000 (Map #17-04-32-00-01700, Adjacent to 87941 LaPorte Dr., Eugene). (View Material)
2) ORDER 06-6-21-9/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property to Tom Bridges for $3,000 (Map #21-35-16-12-02700, Corner of Sanford and High Leah Drive, Oakridge). (View Material)
3) ORDER 06-6-21-10/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract to Public Risk Consultants for Lane County Workers' Compensation Claims Administration. (View Material)
E. Public Works
1) ORDER 06-6-21-11/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract to West Coast Contractors, Inc. in the Amount of $293,350 for Structure Repair – Coyote Creek Covered Bridge (Bridge No. 18-5W-32), Contract No. 05/06-15. (View Material)
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 21, 2006 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
10. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
11. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
12. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
13. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
14. OTHER BUSINESS
1:30 p.m. (Commissioners’ Conference Room)
#15. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance 5-06/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 2 of Lane Code Regarding Elections and Voters' Pamphlet (LC 2.625, 2.630, 2.655) (Second Reading and Public Hearing: June 21, 2006, 1:30 p.m.). (Annette Newingham)
16. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
17. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
18. OTHER BUSINESS
a. SIXTH READING AND SETTING EIGHTH READING/Ordinance No. 1-06/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 4 of Lane Code to Add Provisions for a Lane County Public Safety Income Tax, to Adopt Administration and Collection Provisions, To Renumber Differential Tax Provisions, and to Set an Effective Date (LC 4.500 through 4.571) (NBA & PM 1/4/06,1/11/06, 5/1/706, 5/30/06 & 6/14/06). (Eighth Reading: July 10, 2006, 1:30 p.m.) (Teresa Wilson, Bill Van Vactor and Dave Garnick) View Material View Material
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Tuesday, June 20 and/or Wednesday, June 21, 2006.