BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
(View Material) is
in PDF format. To view PDF (Adobe Acrobat) documents, you need the free
reader. If you don't have it, click here to download FREE! Absolutely
or, if you want to read how to install first before you go to ADOBE, click here!
NOW AVAILABLE: Webcasts to view Board Meetings from your computer. Click here to go to webcasts!
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 28, 2006 - METROPOLITAN WASTEWATER SERVICE DISTRICT
9:00 a.m. (Commissioners’ Conference Room)
1. PUBLIC HEARING AND ORDER 06-6-28-1M/In the Matter of Adopting the FY 2006-2007 Metropolitan Wastewater Service District Budget, Making Appropriations and Levying Taxes. (David Garnick) View Material View Material
2. Approval of Minutes:
June 29, 2005 MWSD, 9:00 a.m.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 28, 2006 - REGULAR MEETING
(following HACSA) (Commissioners’ Conference Room)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
#2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes. If the number wishing to testify exceeds 7 speakers, each speaker's time may be reduced to fit within 20 minutes.) View Material
3. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
4. COMMISSIONERS' REMONSTRANCE (2 min. limit)
5. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. ORDER 06-6-28-1/In the Matter of Contributing $5,000 for the General Expense Operational Contingency to the Eugene-Springfield NAACP Afro-Academic, Cultural, Technological, Scientific, Olympics (ACTSO) Program to Assist in the ACTSO 2006 National Competition. (Commissioner Dwyer) (10:00 AM TIME CERTAIN) (15 min.) View Material
6. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
b. ORDER 06-6-28-2/In the Matter of Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Execute an Agreement with Lane Workforce Partnership on the Provision of Administrative Services. (Bill Van Vactor and Teresa Wilson) (5 min.) View Material
c. DISCUSSION/Florence Urban Renewal Agency. (Bill VanVactor) (10 min.) View Material
d. ORDER 06-6-28-3/In the Matter of Assigning Five Projects to the Needs and Issues Inventory Being Compiled by the Lane Economic Committee. (Mike McKenzie-Bahr) (10 min.) View Material
e. DISCUSSION/Employee Status Change in the Community and Economic Development Department. (Mike McKenzie-Bahr) (10 min.) View Material
7. PUBLIC WORKS
a. ORDER 06-6-28-4/In the Matter of Vacating the Remaining Westerly Portion of the Alley in Block 117, in the Second Amended Plat of Fern Ridge, as Platted and Recorded in Book 6, Page 28, Lane County, Oregon Plat Records, Without a Public Hearing, and Adopting Findings of Fact (16-05-35-31). (Bill Robinson) (5 min.) View Material
b. DISCUSSION/Emergency Replacement of the Green Creek Road Bridge (Bridge 18751) at M.P. 0.23. (Ollie Snowden) (10 min.)
c. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance No. 1233/Adopting the Springfield Natural Resources Study For Application Outside the Springfield City Limits and Within the Springfield Urban Growth Boundary, and Adopting a Severability Clause (Metro Plan Periodic Review Work Task No's. 5 & 7). (Second Reading & Public Hearing: July 12, 2006, 1:30 pm) (Stephanie Schulz) (5 min.) View Material1 View Material2 View Material3 View Material4 View Material5 View Material6
d. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance No. 4-06/Amending Chapter 10 of Lane Code to Adopt Amendments to the Springfield Development Regulations For Application to Urbanizable Lands Within the Springfield Urban Growth Area (LC 10.600-15) and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses (Second Reading & Public Hearing: July 12, 2006, 1:30 pm). (Stephanie Schulz) (5 min.) View Material
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * (2 min.)
A. Approval of Minutes:
October 19, 2005, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
October 19, 2005, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
October 25, 2005, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
May 3, 2006, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
B. County Administration
1) ORDER 06-6-28-5/In the Matter of Approving Additional Projects and Adjusting Funding for Juvenile Forest Work Team Project under Title III of the Secure Rural Schools and Community Self-Determination Act of 2000, P.L. 106-393 for FY 06-07. View Material
C. Public Works
1) ORDER 06-6-28-6/In the Matter of Alteration of a Portion of Cedar Flat Road (County Road Number 539) From Highway 126, Southerly, to East Cedar Flat Road, Located Within Section 32, Township 17 South, Range 1 West of the Willamette Meridian. View Material
2) ORDER 06-6-28-7/In the Matter of Authorizing an Option Agreement With Eugene Self Storage, L.L.C., to Release Road Fund Restrictions From a Parcel Formerly Owned By Lane County. View Material
3) ORDER 06-6-28-8/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Two Parcels of County-Owned Real Property on Royal Avenue, Identified as Tax Lots 17-04-27-22-04500 & 17-04-27-22-04599. View Material
4) ORDER 06-6-28-9/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of County-Owned Real Property Located at the Southeast Corner of the Intersection of Marcola and Mohawk Roads and Identified as Tax Map 17-03-25-13, a Portion of Tax Lot 500. View Material
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * *
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 28, 2006 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
9. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
10. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
11. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
12. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
13. OTHER BUSINESS
6:30 p.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
#14. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. PUBLIC HEARING/Income Tax Charter Amendment (NBA & PM 6/14/06). (Teresa Wilson)
b. SEVENTH READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance No. 1-06/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 4 of Lane Code to Add Provisions for a Lane County Public Safety Income Tax, to Adopt Administration and Collection Provisions, To Renumber Differential Tax Provisions, and to Set an Effective Date (LC 4.500 through 4.571) (NBA & PM 1/4/06,1/11/06, 5/1/706, 5/30/06 & 6/14/06). (Teresa Wilson, Bill Van Vactor and Dave Garnick) View Material View Material
15. COUNTY COUNSEL
a. ORDER 06-6-28-10/In the Matter of Referring to Election the Income Tax Limitation Charter Amendment, and Directing that It be Placed in the Voters' Pamphlet. (Teresa Wilson) View Material
16. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
17. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
18. OTHER BUSINESS
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Tuesday, July 11 and/or Wednesday, July 12, 2006.