BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
(View Material) is
in PDF format. To view PDF (Adobe Acrobat) documents, you need the free
reader. If you don't have it, click here to download FREE! Absolutely
or, if you want to read how to install first before you go to ADOBE, click here!
NOW AVAILABLE: Webcasts to view Board Meetings from your computer. Click here to go to webcasts!
TUESDAY, AUGUST 15, 2006 - REGULAR MEETING
(9:00 a.m.) (Commissionersí Conference Room)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
# 2. PUBLIC HEARINGS
# 3. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes. If the number wishing to testify exceeds 7 speakers, each speaker's time may be reduced to fit within 20 minutes.)
4. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
5. COMMISSIONERS' REMONSTRANCE (2 min. limit)
7. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. ORDER 06-8-2-7/In the Matter of Approving the Request of Heceta Water District for a Temporary Waiver of the One Million Gallon per Day Limit on Water Withdrawals from Clear Lake. (Bill Van Vactor) (View Material) (View Material)
b. ORDER 06-8-15-1/In the Matter of Authorizing Individual Commissioners to Proclaim Days to Honor Civil War Veterans. (Commissioners Morrison and Stewart) (5 mins.) (View Material)
8. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
b. ORDER 06-8-15-2/In the Matter of Approving the Lane County Comprehensive Plan to Abate the Proliferation of Methamphetamine. (Russ Burger, Alicia Hays, Karen Gaffney) (30 mins.) (View Material)
9. PUBLIC WORKS
a. RESOLUTION AND ORDER 06-8-15-3 /In the Matter of Rescinding the Directorís Report for the Estimated Assessments for the Replacement of Green Creek Road Bridge at MP 0.23 (a Local Access Road) and Finding that Replacement of the Bridge is of Benefit to the County Generally. (Sonny Chickering) (10 mins.) (View Material) (View Material)
b. ORDER 06-8-15-4 /In the Matter of Rescinding Board Order 05-2-2-5, the Project Design Concept for West Boundary Road, MP 1.7 to MP 6.4, and Directing the County Engineer to Reduce the Scope of Work to a County Force Chip-Seal Pavement on the Existing Alignment. (Sonny Chickering) (10 mins.) (View Material)
10. CONSENT CALENDAR (2 mins.)
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
A. Approval of Minutes:
November 8, 2005, Work Session, 9:00 a.m.
November 9, 2005, Regular Meeting, Following Board of Health
November 9, 2005, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
July 12, 2006, Regular Meeting, Following HACSA
July 12, 2006, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
July 19, 2006, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
July 26, 2006, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
August 2, 2006, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
August 2, 2006, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
B. County Administration
1) ORDER 06-8-15-5/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract to HGE Inc. for Professional Engineering Services Related to the Upgrade of the Water Treatment System for the Blue River Water District Using CDBG Funds in the Amount Not to Exceed $163,000. (View Material)
C. Health and Human Services
1) ORDER 06-8-15-6/In the Matter of Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Sign a Contract with Elderhealth and Living Corporation in the Amount of $791,654 for the Period August 1, 2006 Through June 30, 2007 per LM 20.128. (View Material)
2) ORDER 06-8-15-7/In the Matter of Applying for and Accepting State Funding in the Amount of $122,858 to Continue Expansion of County Veteran Services Pursuant to Senate Bills 5629-a and 1100. (View Material)
D. Management Services
1) ORDER 06-8-15-8/In the Matter of Award of Bid LCB 2006-06 in the Amount of $171,840 for Security and Access Control System Upgrades at Juvenile Justice Center and Mental Health (View Material)
E. Public Works
1) ORDER 06-8-15-9/In the Matter of Entering into a Revenue Agreement With the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) for Striping Services in the Not-to-Exceed Amount of $300,000 Per Year. (View Material)
2) ORDER 06-8-15-10/In the Matter of Designating $213,700 for Construction of Road Fund Eligible Improvements to Assist the Prairie View (Unthank Street) Affordable Housing Project in Eugene. (View Material)
3) ORDER 06-8-15-11/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract to Interstate Mfg. Inc., in the Amount of $474,087.67 for the Purchase of Seven (7), Open-Top Trailers with Hydraulically Operated Shuffle Floors and Flip Tops, Contract FY06/07 FS-03. (View Material)
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
TUESDAY, AUGUST 15, 2006 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
11. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
12. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
13. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
14. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
15. OTHER BUSINESS
1:30 p.m. (Commissionersí Conference Room)
#16. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. PUBLIC Hearing/Citizen Views about the Termination of Cable Television Service in the Mapleton Area and to Then Communicate Those Public Comments to Charter Communications. (Mike McKenzie-Bahr) (View Material)
b. PUBLIC HEARING AND ORDER 06-8-15-12/In the Matter of Considering a Ballot Measure 37 Claim and Deciding Whether to Modify, Remove or Not Apply Restrictive Land Use Regulations in Lieu of Providing Just Compensation (PA 05-5162, Gee) (Kent Howe) (View Material)
17. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
18. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
19. OTHER BUSINESS
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 16, 2006 - PIE AND ICE CREAM SOCIAL
(10:30 a.m. - 12:00 Noon) (Lane County Fairgrounds)
Commissioners to serve pie and ice cream to seniors at the Fair.
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting August 22 and/or August 23, 2006.