BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
(View Material) is
in PDF format. To view PDF (Adobe Acrobat) documents, you need the free
reader. If you don't have it, click here to download FREE! Absolutely no
or, if you want to read how to install first before you go to ADOBE, click here!
NOW AVAILABLE: Webcasts to view Board Meetings from your computer. Click here to go to webcasts!
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2007 - REGULAR MEETING
9:00 a.m. ††††(Commissionersí Conference Room)
(Please turn off all cell phones)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
#2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes:† Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes.† If the number wishing to testify exceeds 7 speakers, each speaker's time may be reduced to fit within 20 minutes.)
3. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below.† There will be no separate discussion of these items.† If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * (2 min.)
A. Approval of Minutes:
November 28, 2006, Legislative Breakfast, 7:30 a.m.
December 6, 2006, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
May 15, 2007, Work Session, 9:00 a.m.
May 22, 2007, Work Session, 9:00 am.
June 5, 2007, Work Session, 9:00 a.m.
August 29, 2007, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
B. County Administration
1) ORDER 07-10-3-1/In the Matter of Appointing One Member to the Lane County Budget Committee. (View Material)
C. Children and Families
1) ORDER 07-10-3-2/In the Matter of Approving Submission of the 2007-09 Partnership Agreement to the Oregon Commission on Children and Families. (View Material)
2) ORDER 07-10-3-3/In the Matter of Approving Members Recommendations (LM 3.521) and Reappointment to the Lane County Commission on Children and Families Advisory Board. (View Material)
D. Management Services
1) ORDER 07-10-3-4/In the Matter of Appointing Two Pools of† Board Members Who May be Selected by the County† Clerk to Sit on the Board of Property Tax Appeals. (View Material)
2) ORDER 07-10-3-5/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property for $1,500 to Tony and Mary Elizabeth Denn (Map #17-04-01-32 Tax Lots 2715 and 2731, Adjacent to 670 River Loop 2, Eugene). (View Material)
E. Public Safety
1) ORDER 07-10-3-6/In the Matter of Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Execute Intergovernmental Agreement #3720 Between State of Oregon, Department of Corrections and Lane County for Participation in a Statewide Automated Victim Notification System. (View Material)
F. Public Works
1) ORDER 07-10-3-7/In the Matter of Accepting an Offer From the Oregon Department of Transportation Transferring Jurisdiction of a Section of Springfield-Creswell Highway, State Highway No. 222 (Jasper Road) to Lane County as Right of Way For County Road No. 2273 (18-02-04, 05, 09, 10, 14 and 15) (View Material)
2) ORDER 07-10-3-8/In the Matter of Accepting a Deed of Land to be Used as a Public Road Easement For Roaring Rapids Way, a Public Road (21-35-16). (View Material)
3) ORDER 07-10-3-9/In the Matter of Setting a Public Hearing on the Proposal to Surrender Five County Roads, or Portions Thereof, to the City of Cottage Grove. (View Material)
G. Workforce Partnership
1) ORDER 07-10-3-10/In the Matter of Approving an Additional 3 FTE Employment Specialist 2 Positions for the Lane Workforce Partnership. (View Material)
H. County Counsel
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2007 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
4. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
5. COMMISSIONERS' REMONSTRANCE (2 min. limit)
6. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. REPORT/Extension Service Quarterly Report. (Charlotte Riersgard) (15 min.)
b. ORDER 07-10-3-12/In the Matter of Directing the Health and Human Services Director to Return to the Board of Commissioners Within 60 Days With an Implementation Plan Designed to Achieve the Recommendations of the Save Adoptable Animals Task Force, and of Creating a Lane County Animal Review Board. (Steve Schriver, Molly Sargent and C.T. Fulkerson) (TIME CERTAIN 10:00 A.M.) (45 min.) (View Material)
c. DISCUSSION/The Proposed Springfield Downtown Urban Renewal Plan. (Jeff Towery and John Tamulonis) (30 min.) (View Material)
d. ORDER 07-9-12-8/In the Matter of Ordering the Acceptance of the Sixth Amendment to the Intergovernmental Agreement for the Creation of the BL3 Regional Investment Board and the Sixth Amendment to the Intergovernmental Agreement for the Regional Investment Plan Fiscal Agent. (Milo Mecham) (View Material)
7. PUBLIC WORKS
a. ORDER 07-10-3-13/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract to Diamond Parking in Accordance with RFP #LCPW-AS 0708-02 for Parking Facilities Administration Services in Lane County Parks. (Tanya Heaton) (20 min.) (View Material)
8. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
9. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
10. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
11. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
12. OTHER BUSINESS
1:30 p.m. ††(Commissionersí Conference Room)
13. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
b. ORDER 07-10-3-14/In the Matter of Creating the Lane County Commission for the Advancement of Human Rights and Eliminating the Lane County Human Rights Advisory Committee and Updating the Lane Manual. (Greta Utecht and Bill Van Vactor) (30 min.) (View Material)
14. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
15. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
16. OTHER BUSINESS
*NOTE:† Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Tuesday, October 16 and/or Wednesday, October 17, 2007.