BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
(View Material) is
in PDF format. To view PDF (Adobe Acrobat) documents, you need the free
reader. If you don't have it, click here to download FREE!
Absolutely no obligation!:
or, if you want to read how to install first before you go to ADOBE, click here!
NOW AVAILABLE: Webcasts to view Board Meetings from your computer. Click here to go to webcasts!
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2007 -
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS/LEGISLATIVE BREAKFAST
7:30 - 9:00
a.m. (Downtown Athletic
BCC Legislative Breakfast with Lane County Delegation.
NOVEMBER 20, 2007 - REGULAR MEETING
off all cell phones)
TO THE AGENDA
# 2. PUBLIC
20 minutes: Speakers will be
limited to 3 minutes. If the
number wishing to testify exceeds 7 speakers, each speaker's time may be
reduced to fit within 20 minutes.)
listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of
Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items.
If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent
Calendar and will be considered separately.)
CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * (2 min.)
A. Approval of
B. Children and
1) ORDER 07-11-20-1/In the Matter of Approving the Submittal and, if Awarded, Acceptance of a Grant to the Oregon Commission on Children and Families in the Amount of Up to $250,000 Over Eighteen Months for the Runaway and Homeless Youth Initiative.
1) ORDER 07-11-20-2/In the Matter of Awarding Contracts to Pacific Excavation for $62,706; Schnieder Equipment for $97,400; and H&J Construction for $53,000, in Response to a Bid for the Improvement of the Water Treatment System for the Blue River Water District, Using CDBG Funds.
1) ORDER 07-11-20-3/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property for $6,000 to Curtis J. Hubele and Deanna R. Hubele (Map No. 18-012-15-00-01200, East of the Mariners Village P.U.D. Common Area Off Rhododendron Drive, Florence.) (View Material)
E. Public Works
1) ORDER 07-11-20-4/In the Matter of Authorizing Ratification of Federal Financial Assistance Grant No. NFS 07-DG-11061800-014, and Authorizing the County Administrator to Execute Intergovernmental Agreements with Seven Rural Fire Protection Districts. (View Material)
2) ORDER 07-11-20-5/In the Matter of Appointing the Investment Manager of the Oregon State Excess Fund as Attorney-in-Fact for Lane County in a limited Capacity and Authorizing the County Administrator to Sign the Power of Attorney. (View Material)
3) ORDER 07-11-20-6/In the Matter of Amending a Revenue Agreement with the City of Eugene for Engineering and Materials Testing Services for an Additional Not-to Exceed Amount of $100,000.
4) ORDER 07-11-20-7/In
the Matter of Implementing a Plan for Increased Usage of 5% and 20% Blends
of Biodiesel for the Lane County Vehicle and Equipment Fleet. (View
1) ORDER 07-11-20-8/In the Matter of Authorizing the creation of 1.0 FTE Employment Specialist II Position, 1.0 FTE Employment Specialist II Bilingual Spanish Speaking Position, 1.0 FTE Professional/Technical Services Supervisor, and .5 Office Assistant I Position to Youth Services. (View Material)
NOVEMBER 20, 2007 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
REMONSTRANCE (2 min. limit)
b. ORDER 07-11-20-9/In the Matter of Approving an Additional Title III Project (Lane County Amateur Radio Field Communications Upgrade) and Increasing Funding for an Existing Title III Project (Community Wildfire Protection Plan Public Education and Outreach Campaign) Under the Secure Rural Schools and Community Self-Determination Act of 2000, P.L. 106-393 for FY 07-08. (Christine Moody) (10:00 A.M. TIME CERTAIN) (10 min.) (View Material)
a. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance No. PA 1245/In the Matter of Amending the Lane County Rural Comprehensive Plan (RCP) by Revising Goal -2, Policy 25; to Establish Provisions for a Private Use Airport Overlay Zone; by Adopting an Official Private Use Airport Overlay Zone Map; by Applying the Overlay Zone to Five Private Use Airports and Surrounding Properties and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses. (Second Reading and Public Hearing: 12/5/07, 1:30 p.m.) (Keir Miller) (5 min.) (View Material)
READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance 15-07/In
the Matter of Amending the Lane Count Rural Comprehensive Plan (RCP) and
Lane Code Chapter 16 to Establish a Private Use Airport Overlay Zone
(LC16.012, LC16.296).(Second Reading and Public Hearing: 12/5/07, 1:30
p.m.). (Keir Miller) (View Material)
c. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance No. PA 16-07/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 10 of Lane Code to Adopt Amendments to the Springfield Development Regulations for Application to Urbanizable Lands Within the Springfield Urban Growth Area (LC 10.600-15) and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses (Applicant: City of Springfield) (Second Reading and Public Hearing: 12/5/07, 1:30 p.m.). (Stephanie Schulz) (5 min.) (View Material) (View Material) (View Material) (View Material) (View Material) (View Material) (View Material)
a. DISCUSSION/Oak Street Child Development Center. (David Suchart) (15 min.)
TO THE BOARD
SESSION as per ORS 192.660
a. PUBLIC HEARING AND ORDER 07-11-20-10/In the Matter of Ordering the Adoption of the Benton, Lane, Lincoln, Linn Regional Investment Board 2007-2013 Regional Investment Strategy and Recommending that the Strategy and Recommending that the Strategy be Submitted to the Governor for Approval. (Milo Mecham)
b. PUBLIC HEARING/FINAL ORDER 07-11-20-11/In the Matter of the Vacation of Certain Blocks, Lots, and Rights of Way in the Plats of Glenada (Vol. W, P.261), the South Florence Addition to Glenada (BK.2, P.9) and the Amended Map of South Florence Addition to Glenada (BK.2, P. 13), as Platted and Recorded in Lane County, Oregon Plat records (18-12-34-13, 41, 42). (Mike Jackson)
c. PUBLIC HEARING AND FINAL ORDER 07-11-20-12/In the Matter of the Vacation of a Portion of Latta Road, a Public Road, Located in the Northwest Quarter (NW ¼) of Section 23, Township 17 South, Range 1 West of the Willamette Meridian, in Lane County, Oregon, with a Public Heating, and Adopting Findings of Fact (17-01-23-20.). (Mike Jackson)
a. DEDICATION AND ORDER 07-11-20-13/In the Matter of Accepting a Deed of Land to Be Used as a Public Road Easement for Latta Road, a Public Road (17-01-23-32) (Mike Jackson)
TO THE BOARD
Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Tuesday, November 27 and/or
Wednesday, November 28, 2007.