BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
(View Material) is
in PDF format. To view PDF (Adobe Acrobat) documents, you need the free
reader. If you don't have it, click here to download FREE!
Absolutely no obligation!:
or, if you want to read how to install first before you go to ADOBE, click here!
NOW AVAILABLE: Webcasts to view Board Meetings from your computer. Click here to go to webcasts!
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 27, 2007 - METROPOLITAN WASTEWATER SERVICE DISTRICT
9:00 a.m. †††(Commissionersí Conference Room)
1. PUBLIC HEARING AND ORDER 07-6-27-1M/In the Matter of Adopting the FY 2007-2008 Metropolitan Wastewater Service District Budget, Making Appropriations and Levying Taxes. (David Garnick) (View Material)
2. Approval of Minutes: †
June 14, 2006, MWSD Budget Committee Meeting, 12:00 noon.
June 28, 2006, MWSD Meeting, 9:30 a.m.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 27, 2007 - REGULAR MEETING
(following MWSD) ††††(Commissionersí Conference Room)
(Please turn off all cell phones)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
# 2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes:† Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes.† If the number wishing to testify exceeds 7 speakers, each speaker's time may be reduced to fit within 20 minutes.)
3. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
a. ORDER 07-6-27-1/In the Matter of the 2007 Election to Receive National Forest Related Safety-Net Payments Under P.L. 106-393 (David Garnick) (10 min.)
b. ORDER 07-6-27-2/In the Matter of the 2007 Election to Received O&C Land Related Safety-Net Payments Under P.L. 106-393 (David Garnick) (10 min.)
# 4. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. PUBLIC HEARING AND ORDER 07-6-27-3/In the Matter of Adopting the 2007-2008 Lane County Budget, Making Appropriations and Levying Taxes. (David Garnick and Bill VanVactor) (View Material) (View Additional Material)
5. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below.† There will be no separate discussion of these items.† If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * (2 min.)
A. Approval of Minutes:† None.
B. Assessment and Taxation
1) ORDER 07-6-27-4/In the Matter of a Refund to Murphy Company in the Amount of $47,013.81. (View Material)
C. County Counsel
1) ORDER 07-6-27-5/In the Matter of Approving the Use of Transient Room Tax Funds for Operational Purposes for the Fairgrounds for FY 07-08. (View Material)
2) ORDER 07-6-27-6/In the Matter of Approving the Use of Transient Room Tax Funds for Operational Purposes for the Florence Events Center for FY 07-08. (View Material)
3) ORDER/In the Matter of Approving the Use of Transient Room Tax for Campground Operations Purposes in Lane County Public Works - Parks Division for FY 07-08. (View Material)
D. Health and Human Services
1) ORDER 07-6-27-7/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 60 of Lane Manual to Revise Certain Health and Human Services Fees (LM 60.840) Effective July 1, 2007. (View Material)
2) ORDER 07-6-27-8/In the Matter of Ratifying the County Administrator's Decision to Sign the Grant Application for a US Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Grant in the Amount of $1,000,000, Over Four Years, to Implement a Nurse Family Partnership Program and, if Awarded, Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Accept and Sign the Resultant Revenue Documents. (View Material)
E. Management Services
1) ORDER 07-6-27-9/In the Matter of Granting a Utility Easement to Light Speed Networks, Inc. for $3,500 Over County Owned Property Identified as Map No. 17-03-29-40-00400 (Mental Health Property at 2411 Martin Luther King Blvd). (View Material)
F. Public Works
1) ORDER 07-6-27-10/In the Matter of Accepting a Deed of Land to be Used as Public and County Road Easement (CO. RD. NO. 2151, Third St., AKA Pioneer Parkway East) and Authorizing County Administratorís Consent to Annexation of Property to the City of Springfield (Martin Luther King, Jr. Parkway and Third St.) (17-03-22 & 27). (View Material)
2) ORDER 07-6-27-11/In the Matter of Ratifying an Application Submitted by Public Works for Grant Funding Under the National Historic Bridge Preservation Program for Goodpasture Covered Bridge and Delegating Contract Signature Authority to the County Administrator in the Event of a Successful Application. (View Material)
G. Workforce Partnership
1) ORDER 07-6-27-12/In the Matter of Appointing a Youth Representative to the Lane Workforce Partnership Youth Council Committee. (View Material)
H. Board of Commissioners
1) ORDER 07-6-27-13/In the Matter of Appointing William Van Vactor Interim County Administrator. (View Material)
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * *
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 29, 2007 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
6. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
7. COMMISSIONERS' REMONSTRANCE (2 min. limit)
8. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
9. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
b. DISCUSSION/Updating the Job Description for County Administrator. (Jan Wilbur) (45 min.)
10. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
a. ORDER 07-6-27-14/In the Matter of Appointing 7 Members to the Community Action Advisory Committee. (10 min.) (View Material)
b. ORDER 07-6-27-17/In the Matter of Approving the 2007-09 Lane County Community Corrections Plan in the Amount Of $21,208,780. (View Material)
11. SHERIFF'S OFFICE
a. ORDER 07-6-27-15/In the Matter of Applying for a U.S. Department of Justice, Edward Byrne Memorial Discretionary Grant in the Amount Not to Exceed $350,000 for 12 Months to Further Implement the Lane County Defendant and Offender Management Program; and Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Sign Grant Documents (Department of Public Safety). (Jackie Mikalonis) (10 min.) (View Material)
12. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
13. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
14. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
15. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
1:30 p.m. ††(Commissionersí Conference Room)
16. PUBLIC HEARINGS
A. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
B. PUBLIC HEARINGS/MEASURE 37 CLAIMS
All claims will be heard together in the order listed. Comments should clearly identify the claims to be addressed and speak to the requirements of Measure 37.† For a separate discussion and action following the hearings, claims may be identified by the Board to be considered separately.† The rest of the listed claims may be acted upon by one or more motions.
Further information about each claim is available in the Law Library and Land Management.† Comment forms are available on the County website (www.lanecounty.org) and at the Board meeting to help direct your comments to issues relevant to Measure 37 claims.
1) ORDER 07-6-27-16/In the Matter of Considering a Ballot Measure 37 Claim and Deciding Whether to Modify, Remove or Not Apply Restrictive Land Use Regulations in Lieu of Providing Just Compensation (PA06-7347, Nielsen2). (Kent Howe) (View Material)
17. OTHER BUSINESS
*NOTE:† Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Tuesday, July 10 and/or Wednesday, July 11, 2007.