BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
(View Material) is
in PDF format. To view PDF (Adobe Acrobat) documents, you need the free
reader. If you don't have it, click here to download FREE!
Absolutely no obligation!:
or, if you want to read how to install first before you go to ADOBE, click here!
NOW AVAILABLE: Webcasts to view Board Meetings from your computer. Click here to go to webcasts!
TUESDAY, AUGUST 28, 2007 - SHORT MOUNTAIN LANDFILL TOUR
3:00 - 5:30 p.m. (Commissioners leave from Public Service Building)
TUESDAY, AUGUST 28, 2007 - LISTENING TOUR
7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. (Cottage Grove Community Center, 700 Gibbs Ave., Cottage Grove)
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 29, 2007 - REGULAR MEETING
9:00 a.m. (Commissioners’ Conference Room)
(Please turn off all cell phones)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
# 2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes. If the number wishing to testify exceeds 7 speakers, each speaker's time may be reduced to fit within 20 minutes.)
3. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * (2 min.)
A. Approval of Minutes:
September 20, 2006, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
July 24, 2007, Listening Tour, 7:00 p.m.
August 1, 2007, Listening Tour, 7:00 p.m.
B. County Administration
1) ORDER 07-8-29-1/In the Matter of Appropriating 1.0 Additional FTE for the Assistant County Administrator Position Within Fund 124 in the Department of County Administration. (View Material)
2) ORDER 07-8-29-2/In the Matter of Accepting a $95,000 Cooperative Forestry Assistance Grant From the USDA Forest Service and Authorizing the County Administrator to Sign the Grant Agreement. (View Material)
3) ORDER 07-8-29-3/In the Matter of Amending Resolution and Order 07-6-27-3 Adopting the 2007-2008 Lane County Budget. (View Material)
C. County Counsel
1) ORDER 07-8-29-4/In the Matter of Correcting Order No. 07-8-14-1 that Amended Chapter 3 of the Lane Manual Regarding the Functions of the County Administrator and Assistant County Administrator. (View Material)
D. Health and Human Services
1) ORDER 07-8-29-5/In the Matter of Appointing Designees of the Community Mental Health Director to Direct a Peace Officer to Take a Mentally Ill Individual Into Custody According to ORS 426.233. (View Material)
2) ORDER 07-8-29-20/In the
Matter of Amending Resolution and Order 07-07-25-11 Applying For and
Accepting State Funding in the Amount of $127,398 to Continue Expansion and
Enhancement of County Veteran Services Pursuant to ORS 406.450-.462 and Senate
Bill 5541 and to Establish a New 0.5 FTE Temporary Assistant Veteran Services
Coordinator Position and to Appropriate $18,394 in Revenue and Expenditures to
Fund this 0.5 FTE Temporary Assistant Veteran Services Coordinator Position.
E. Public Works
1) ORDER 07-8-29-6/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of a Parcel of County-Owned Road Fund Property Identified as Lane County Assessor’s Tax Lot 2000 On Map 17-04-07. (View Material)
2) ORDER 07-8-29-7/In the Matter of Alteration of a Segment of Airport Road (County Road NO. 618), and Green Hill Road (County Road NO. 465 and 2258), From the Current City Limits of Eugene to Green Hill Road Located in Sections 5,6,7 and 8, Township 17 South, Range 4 West, of the Willamette Meridian. (View Material)
3) ORDER 07-8-29-8/In the Matter of Dedicating Land Owned by Lane County and Accepting it for Public and County Road Purposes for Bushnell Lane East, (County Road Number 1236) (17-04-15-10). (View Material)
4) ORDER 07-8-29-9/In the Matter of Accepting a Deed of Land to be Used as Control Strips in Section 9, Township 18 South, Range 12 West of the Willamette Meridian (County Road No. 65) (Rhododendron Drive) (18-12-09-11). (View Material)
5) ORDER 07-8-29-10/In the Matter of Releasing, Dedicating, and Accepting Parcel “A” of the Plat of Coronado Park, a Parcel of County Owned Real Estate, as Right of Way for County Road Number 1920. (Dean Avenue) (17-04-02-44). (View Material)
6) ORDER 07-8-29-11/In the Matter of Approving and Authorizing the County Administrator to Sign a Joint Release of Conditions Set Forth in a 1968 Agreement Between Lane County and a Property Owner of Land Now Located Within the City of Springfield. (Map 18-02-05.23, Tax Lot 100). (View Material)
7) ORDER 07-8-29-12/In the Matter of Authorizing the County Administrator to Sign an Intergovernmental Agreement with Lane Transit District Regarding the Sale of a Portion of County-Owned Surplus Road Fund Property Located at 11 River Avenue, Eugene, and Identified as Tax Lot 500 on Lane County Assessor’s Map 17-04-13-22. (View Material)
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 29, 2007 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
4. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
5. COMMISSIONERS' REMONSTRANCE (2 min. limit)
6. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
7. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
8. PUBLIC WORKS
a. ORAL REPORT/Overview of Public Works Bio-Diesel Fuel Program. (Phil Guyette) (20 min.)
b. ORDER 07-8-29-13/In the Matter of Awarding a Three-Year Requirement Contract to the Jerry Brown Company, For the Purchase of Bulk Fuel and Fuel Delivery Services, Contract No. RFP07/08 FS-02. (Phil Guyette) (10 min.) (View Material)
c. ORDER 07-8-29-14/In the Matter of Electing Whether or Not to Hear an Appeal of a Hearings Official’s Decision Approving an Application for Rezoning Property from F-1 to F-2 (file PA 06-6170/Lininger). (Jerry Kendall) (30 min.) (View Material) (View Material)
d. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/ Ordinance No. PA 1242/Adopting Amendments to the Siuslaw River Dredged Material Disposal Plan (SRDMDP) to Add DMDP Site 10 and Delete DMDP Sites 15 and 16; Adopting and Addendum to DMDP Site Maps; and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses (Second Reading and Public Hearing: 9/19/07, 1:30 p.m.). (Keir Miller) (View Material) (View Material)
e. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/ Ordinance No. PA 1243/In the Matter of Adopting Conformity Determination Amendments to the Rural Comprehensive Plan (RCP) Pursuant to RCP General Plan Policies – Goal 2, Policy 24 a. iv., to Correct Scrivener Errors on the Official Plan and Zoning Maps – Plot No. 621, and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses (Lane County LMD). (Second Reading and Public Hearing: 9/19/07, 1:30 p.m.). (Keir Miller) (View Material)
f. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance No. 10-07/In the Matter of Amending Lane Code Chapters 10 and 16 to Add and Revise Definitions to be Consistent with Statewide Planning Goals 16, 17 and 18, and Oregon Administrative Rules 660-017 and 660-037 (LC 10.020 AND 16.090). (Second Reading and Public Hearing: 9/19/07, 1:30 p.m.). (Keir Miller) (View Material) (View Material)
g. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/ Ordinance No. 9-07/ Amending Chapter 5 of Lane Code to Revise the Administrative Civil Penalty Process Regarding the Appeals Fee and Civil Penalties Involving Commercial Gain (LC 5.005, 5.017). (Second Reading and Public Hearing: 9/12/07, 1:30 p.m.). (Craig Starr) (View Material)
9. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
a. REPORT/Measles Outbreak Report. (Betsy Meredith and Brian Johnson) (TIME CERTAIN 11:00 A.M.) (20 min.)
b. ORDER 07-8-29-15/In the Matter of Appointing Two Members to Fill Vacancies on the Mental Health Advisory Committee/Local Alcohol and Drug Planning Committee. (Rob Rockstroh) (5 min.) (View Material)
c. ORDER 07-8-29-16/In the Matter of Re-Establishing .25 FTE Community Health Nurse 2-B, Position Number 50332, and Increasing Appropriations by $15,000 in Revenues and Expenses in Fund 285 Department of Health and Human Services for FY 2007-2008. (Rob Rockstroh) (5 min.) (View Material)
10. HUMAN RESOURCES
a. ORDER 07-8-29-17/In the Matter of Continuing the Assignment of the Remaining Non-Represented Classifications to the New Non-Represented Classifications and Compensation Plan. (Greta Utecht) (10 min.) (View Material)
11. MANAGEMENT SERVICES
a. ORDER 07-8-29-18/In the Matter of Providing Direction to Staff for Disposition of County Owned Tax Foreclosed Property Identified as Map No. 18-03-08-44-02500 (Adjoins 3783 Pine Canyon Drive, Eugene). (Jeff Turk) (10 min.) (View Material)
b. DISCUSSION AND ACTION/Oak Street Child Development Center. (David Suchart) (20 min.) (View Material)
12. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
13. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
14. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
15. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
1:30 p.m. (Commissioners’ Conference Room)
#16. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. PUBLIC HEARING AND ORDER 07-8-29-19/In the Matter of Adopting Supplemental Findings to Ordinance No. PA 1231, Amending the Rural Comprehensive Plan to Redesignate Land From “Agricultural” to “Marginal Land” and Rezoning of That Land From “E-40/Exclusive Farm Use” to “ML/SR” (“Marginal Land With Site Review”) and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses (file PA04-6092; Dahlen). (Jerry Kendall) (View Material)
17. OTHER BUSINESS
*NOTE: Estimated Times.
*NOTE: Next scheduled BCC Meeting Tues., September 11 and/or Wed., September 12, 2007.