Public Service Building 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
PM- Previous Material
The meeting location is
wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing
impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, and large
print copies of agenda), please make your request at least 48 hours
prior to the meeting.
MONDAY, AUGUST 10, 1998 - JOINT BCC/CRESWELL CITY COUNCIL MEETING
6:30 p.m. (Creswell City Hall)
1. OPEN MEETING/Welcome.
3. PRESENTATION/Community Safety and Justice System Levy. (Commissioner Green)
4. PUBLIC HEARING/Creswell Transportation System Plan (TSP) and the Creswell/I-5 Interchange Refinement Plan. (Harvey Hoglund)
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 12, 1998 - REGULAR MEETING
9:00 a.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
#2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers
will be limited to 3 minutes and may
not yield their time to other speakers.)
3. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
4. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
a. ORDER 98-8-12-1/In the Matter of Appointing Three Members to the Health Advisory Committee. (Rob Rockstroh and Karen Gillette) (5 min.)
b. ORDER 98-8-12-2/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 60 of Lane Manual to Revise Certain Health and Human Services Fees (LM 60.840) Effective September 1, 1998. (Rob Rockstroh)
c. RESOLUTION AND ORDER 98-8-12-3/In the Matter of Appointing a Member to Fill One Vacancy to the Mental Health Advisory Committee. (Rob Rockstroh) (5 min.)
5. YOUTH SERVICES
a. MOTION AND ORDER 98-8-12-4/In the Matter of Establishing a Position, Classification, and Salary Range for 1.0 FTE Youth Intervention Network Manager in the Department of Youth Services. (Chuck Ryer) (10 min.)
6. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. ORDER 98-8-12-5/In the Matter of Presenting an Update to the Board of Commissioners on Activities by the Lane County Human Rights and Affirmative Action Advisory Committee. (Linda Wagner, Anselmo Villanueva and Lynn Burditt) (20 min.)
b. UPDATE/OSU Extension Services. (Janet Calvert) (15 min.)
c. DIALOGUE/Census 2000 Project. (Mike Steenhaut) (10:00 A.M. TIME CERTAIN)
d. RESOLUTION 98-8-12-6/In the Matter of Adopting a Resolution Concerning the Highway 126 East Interim Corridor Plan Strategy (Interstate 5 to Oregon Highway 22 at Santiam Junction) (Commissioners Dumdi and Weeldreyer).
e. RESOLUTION 98-8-12-7/In the Matter of Adopting a Resolution Concerning the Highway 126 West Interim Corridor Plan Strategy (Interstate 5 to U.S. Highway 101 in Florence). (Commissioners Dumdi and Weeldreyer)
f. PROCLAMATION AND RESOLUTION 98-8-12-8/In the Matter of Designating August 19-20 as Vision and Hearing Days. (Commissioner Dumdi)
7. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
8. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
9. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * *
A. Approval of Minutes
B. County Administration
1) ORDER 98-8-12-9/In the Matter of Accepting Phase Two Funding from FEMA for Elevating Residences Above the Floodplain in the Mapleton Area; Appropriating $375,000 in Fund 24, Dept. 17; $10,000 in Fund 24, Dept. 03; and Authorizing the County Administrator to Sign Contracts Implementing this Grant.
C. Health and Human Services
1) ORDER 98-8-12-10/In the Matter of Awarding Contracts and Contract Amendments per Exhibit A and Authorizing the County Administrator to Sign Those and an Intergovernmental Agreement with the City of Eugene per Exhibit A.
D. Public Works
1) ORDER 98-8-12-11/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract for $2,556,530 to Furnish and Install and for $0.0173 Per Gallon to Operate and Maintain the Short Mountain Landfill Leachate Treatment System to Pall Rochem and Authorizing the County Administrator to Execute the Contract.
2) ORDER 98-8-12-12/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract to Pacific Utility Equipment Co., in the Amount of $108,145.00, with Trade-In, for the Purchase of One (1), New Four-Wheel, High-Dump Street Sweeper, Contract FY98/99 FS-02.
3) ORDER 98-8-12-13/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract to Third Generation Painting Co., in the Amount of $72,460.00, for Painting and Dampproofing Various Delta Complex Buildings, Including Alternate #1, Contract 98/99-04.
4) ORDER 98-8-12-14/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract to Pape’ Bros. Inc., in the Amount of $95,870.00, with Trade-In, for the Purchase of One (1), New Crawler Tractor, Contract FY98/99 FS-01.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 12, 1998 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
10. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 19, 1998
NO BCC MEETING.
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting August 26, 1998.