Public Service Building 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
PM- Previous Material
The meeting location is
wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing
impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, and large
print copies of agenda), please make your request at least 48 hours
prior to the meeting.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 1998 - REGULAR MEETING
9:00 a.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
#2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers
will be limited to 3 minutes and may
not yield their time to other speakers.)
3. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
4. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. OSU/Lane County Extension Update. (Janet Calvert) (15 min.)
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
6. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
b. ORDER 98-2-11-1/In the Matter of Applying for Additional Hazard Mitigation Grant Funding for Elevating Residences Above the Flood Plain in the Mapleton Area. (Stephanie Schulz)
7. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.) (10 min.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * *
A. Approval of Minutes
B. County Counsel
1) ORDER 98-2-11-2/In the Matter of Receiving the Boundary Commission Results on the Formation of the McKenzie/Mohawk Sheriff’s Law Enforcement District and Setting a Date for the Final Hearing.
2) ORDER 98-2-11-3/In the Matter of Approving Modifications to the Metropolitan Wastewater Management Commission (MWMC) Intergovernmental Agreement.
C. Children and Family Services
1) ORDER 98-2-11-4/In the Matter of Awarding a One-Year Contract to Northwest Regional Educational Laboratory for Professional Services for Project Evaluation of the Lane County Prevention Coalition in the Amount of $73,501.00 With a Possible Amendment for an Additional Year in the Same Amount Contingent on Satisfactory Performance, and Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Execute the Contract and Subsequent Amendment.
D. Health and Human Services
1) ORDER 98-2-11-5/In the Matter of Awarding Contracts for Pacific Gateway, Providence, and PeaceHealth Hospitals to Become Members of the LaneCare Provider Panel for the Period 11/1/97-9/30/98.
E. Human Resources and Management Services
1) ORDER 98-2-11-6/In the Matter of Approval of Claim Settlement Regarding Property Damage of Lane County.
2) ORDER 98-2-11-7/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Surplus County-Owned Real Property to Murphy Company (Adjacent to 6399 Highway 126, Florence Map 18-11-30-20-01200).
F. Public Works
1) RESOLUTION AND ORDER 98-2-11-8/In the Matter of Acquiring Fee or Other Interests in Portions of Certain Real Properties for the Reconstruction and Improvement of Coburg Road, M.P. 6.65 to 7.41 (Willamette Street) and Pearl Street M.P. 0.00 to 0.39.
2) ORDER 98-2-11-9/In the Matter of Awarding a Three Year Requirements Contract to Pacific Petroleum Corp. for the Purchase of Fuel and Fueling Services, Contract No. RFP97/98 FS-01.
3) ORDER 98-2-11-10/In the Matter of Entering into the McKenzie River Cooperative Maintenance Partnership with the Eugene Water and Electric Board, City of Eugene, Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife, Oregon State Parks and Recreation Department, United States Forest Service, and the Bureau of Land Management and Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Sign a Partnership Agreement.
4) ORDER 98-2-11-11/In the Matter of Approving a Contract with Lumberman's Building Centers to Purchase and Deliver Boarding Floats and Fishing Dock to Westlake Boat Landing and Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Sign the Contract.
5) ORDER 98-2-11-12/In the Matter of Releasing, Dedicating and Accepting Parcel "A" of Seventh Addition, to Deerhorn Ranch Acres, Book 59, Page 27, A Parcel of County Owned Real Estate, as a County Road (17-15-17) (Bridge Street) (County Road # 2026).
6) ORDER 98-2-11-13/In the Matter of Offering a Deed of Land to be Used as a Public Road Easement for Public Roads (South 70th Street, South 71st Street, South E Street, Ivy Street) in the City of Springfield (17-02-35; 18-02-02).
7) ORDER 98-2-11-14/In the Matter of Setting a Public Hearing on the Proposed Vacation of a Portion of an Unnamed Public Road in Block 2 of the Plat of Lake View as Platted and Recorded in Book 10, Page 6, Lane County, Oregon Plat Records (16-07-19-11) (Public Hearing: April 1, 1998, 1:30 p.m., Harris Hall Main Floor).
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * *
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 1998 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
8. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
9. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
1:30 p.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
10. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
#11. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARING AND ORDER 98-2-11-15/In the Matter of In the Matter of Certification of Final Assessments for Improvements to Irving Road from River Road to Highway 99 and Setting Lien Values Against Properties. (NBA & PM 1/7/98 & 1/21/98) (Don Maddox)
12. OTHER BUSINESS
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting February 18, 1998.