Public Service Building 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
PM- Previous Material
The meeting location is
wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing
impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, and large
print copies of agenda), please make your request at least 48 hours
prior to the meeting.
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 14, 1998 - REGULAR MEETING
9:00 a.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
#2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers
will be limited to 3 minutes and may
not yield their time to other speakers.)
3. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS (10:40 a.m.)
4. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. UPDATE/Facilities Capital Improvement Projects (no material). (David Suchart) (10 min.)
b. ORDER 98-1-14-1/In the Matter of Appointing Representatives to Various Committees and Agencies. (Commissioner Cornacchia) (10 min.)
c. ORAL REPORT/London Road. (Tom Stinchfield) (20 min.)
d. REPORT/Youth Pledge; Lane County’s Promise to Our Youth. (Joe Berney) (11:30 A.M. TIME CERTAIN)
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
6. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
7. YOUTH SERVICES
a. ORDER 98-1-7-4/In the Matter of Delegating to the County Administrator Authority to Execute an Intergovernmental Agreement With the State of Oregon for Development of a Statewide Juvenile Justice Records System. (NBA & PM 1/7/98) (Steve Carmichael) (30 min.)
8. PUBLIC WORKS
a. THIRD READING AND DELIBERATION/Ordinance PA 1102/In the Matter of Amending the Rural Comprehensive Plan to Redesignate Land from "Agriculture" to "Rural" and Rezoning that Land from "E-40/Exclusive Farm Use" to "RR-5/Rural Residential 5", Adopting Exceptions to Statewide Planning Goals 3 and 4; and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses (file PA 4118-96; Wiemers). (NBA & PM 11/12/97 & 12/10/97) (Michael Copely) (30 min.)
b. ORDER 98-1-14-2/In the Matter of Entering Into a Professional Services Contract with Woodland Management, Inc. for Timber Management Services and Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Sign the Contract.. (Bob Keefer) (10 min.)
c. ORDER 98-1-14-3/In the Matter of Reappointing Two Members to the Parks Advisory Committee. (Bob Keefer) (5 min.)
d. ORDER 98-1-14-4/In the Matter of Authorizing an Engineering Associate Position for the Waste Management Division. (Ken Sandusky) (20 min.)
9. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
A. Approval of Minutes:
August 27, 1997, Regular Meeting, following HACSA
August 27, 1997, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
December 10, 1997, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
December 10, 1997, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
B. Human Resources and Management Services
1) ORDER 98-1-14-5/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property to Richard J. and Elizabeth L. Wobe (Map #17-04-16-31-06500, Adjacent to 2280 Devos Street, Eugene).
C. Public Works
1) ORDER 98-1-14-6/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract to Mike and Ruth Mace for Camp Management at Camp Lane and Authorizing the County Administrator to Execute the Contract.
2) ORDER 98-1-14-7/In the Matter of Relinquishing a Portion of Club Road to the City of Eugene.
3) ORDER 98-1-14-8/In the Matter of Extending the Lease with EWEB Covering the Vida Solid Waste Transfer Site.
4) ORDER 98-1-14-9/In the Matter of Entering into a Funds Exchange Agreement with Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) for the Lorane Highway Improvement Project.
5) ORDER 98-1-14-10/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract to Western Power & Equipment in the Amount of $240,941 for the Purchase of One (1), New Carrier-Mounted Hydraulic Excavator with One (1) Trade-in, Contract FY97/98 FS-05.
D. Youth Services
1) ORDER 98-1-14-11/In the Matter of Delegating to the County Administrator Authority to Execute a Contract With the Center for Family Development to Provide Family Preservation Counseling to Delinquent Youth.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 14, 1998 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
10. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
11. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 14, 1998 - JOINT BCC/FAIR BOARD MEETING
12:00 noon - 1:30 p.m. (Commissioners’ Conference Room)
1. Call to Order.
2. Approval of Minutes from 12/17/97 Joint Meeting.
3. Board Comments.
4. DISCUSSION/Continued Discussion Regarding Long Range Planning.
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting January 21, 1998.