Public Service Building 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
PM- Previous Material
The meeting location is
wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing
impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, and large
print copies of agenda), please make your request at least 48 hours
prior to the meeting.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 29, 1998 - REGULAR MEETING
9:00 a.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
#2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers
will be limited to 3 minutes and may
not yield their time to other speakers.)
3. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS (10:40 a.m.)
4. FAIR BOARD
a. ORDER 98-7-29-1/In the Matter of Amending the Memorandum of Understanding Between the Fair Board and the Board of Commissioners. (Mike Gleason) (45 min.)
5. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. ORDER 98-7-29-2/In the Matter of an Election Authorizing a Four Year Community Safety and Justice System Operations Levy and Adopting a Ballot Title. (Commissioner Cornacchia and Myra Wall)
b. ORDER 98-7-29-3/In the Matter of Directing that the Four Year Community Safety and Justice System Operations Levy Measure be Placed in the State Voters' Pamphlet and Appointing a Committee to Draft an Explanatory Statement. (Commissioner Cornacchia and Myra Wall)
c. ORDER 98-7-29-4/In the Matter of Directing that the Lane County Public Safety General Obligation Bond Measure be Placed in the State Voters' Pamphlet and Appointing a Committee to Draft an Explanatory Statement. (Commissioner Cornacchia and Myra Wall)
6. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
7. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * *
A. Approval of Minutes: February 11, 1998, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
July 7, 1998, Work Session, 9:00 a.m.
July 8, 1998, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
July 8, 1998, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
B. Children and Family Services
1) ORDER 98-7-29-5/In the Matter of Accepting a Community Safety Net Grant Award for $10,000, Appropriating $10,000 in Children and Families (12) and Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Accept the funds and Execute Grant Documents and Intergovernmental Agreements.
C. Health and Human Services
1) ORDER 98-7-29-6/In the Matter of Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Sign Contracts with Department of Youth Services, Eugene School District 4J and Springfield School District for New Opportunities.
2) ORDER 98-7-29-7/In the Matter of Appointing Designees of the Mental Health Director to Direct a Peace Officer to Take a Mentally Ill Individual Into Custody.
3) ORDER 98-7-29-8/In the Matter of Approving the Submission of a Supportive Housing Program Grant to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in the Amount of $1,878,394; Accept the "Open Doors" Renewal Grant From HUD in the Amount of $367,571; and Delegate Authority to Sign a Three-Year Contract with HUD.
1) ORDER 98-7-29-9/In the Matter of Appropriating an Additional $63,840 to the Southern Willamette Private Industry Council, Department of JTPA (07) in Fund 49.
E. Management Services
1) ORDER 98-7-29-10/In the Matter of Award of RFP LCP 97/98-20 for Requirements Purchase of Professional Services for Integrated Design Services.
2) ORDER 98-7-29-11/In the Matter of Award of RFP LCP 97/98-21 for Requirements Purchase of Professional Services for Engineering Services.
3) ORDER 98-7-29-12/In the Matter of Re-Adopting Lane Manual 4.020 Relating to Investment Policies.
4) ORDER 98-7-29-13/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property to Terrye Minton Eames (Adjacent to 1072 Fir Acres Drive, Eugene, Map #17-03-19-24-00201).
F. Public Works
1) ORDER 98-7-29-14/In the Matter of Vacating a Portion of County Road Number 81 (Kerr Road), in Section 7, Township 22 South, Range 1 East, of the Willamette Meridian, Without a Public Hearing, and Adopting Findings of Fact (22-15-07).
2) ORDER 98-7-29-15/In the Matter of Dedicating and Accepting a Parcel of County Owned Land For Public Road Purposes (Zane Lane) 17-04-12.
3) ORDER 98-7-29-16/In the Matter of Dedicating and Accepting a Parcel of County Owned Land to be Used as Public Road Easements for County Road No. 200 River Road; and County Road 1082 Elkay Drive (17-04-24).
G. Regional Information System
1) ORDER 98-7-29-17/In the Matter of Amending Board Order No. 98-6-10-14 for Mainframe Equipment, Software, and Services to Delegate Authority to County Administrator to Execute Contracts with IBM and IBM Credit Corporation.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
WEDNESDAY, JULY 29, 1998 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
9. COUNTY COUNSEL
a. ORDER 98-7-29-18/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 4 of Lane Manual Regarding Real Property Assets Purchased with State Gas Tax Revenues Prior to 1980 and Directing Transfer of Funds From Reserves to the Road Fund. (Teresa Wilson/Cannon) (20 min.)
10. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
a. REPORT BACK/Managed Care Update. (Rob Rockstroh) (11:30 A.M. TIME CERTAIN) (20 min.)
b. ORDER 98-7-29-19/In the Matter of Establishing Three Half-Time, Temporary Mental Health Associate Positions in the Department of Health & Human Services. (Rob Rockstroh) (5 min.)
11. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
1:30 p.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
12. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
#13. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance PA 1118/In the Matter of Amending the Rural Comprehensive Plan to Redesignate Land From "Agriculture" to "Marginal Land" and Rezoning That Land From "E-40/Exclusive Farm Use" to "ML/ Marginal Land"; and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses (file PA 0026-98; Myers/ Rudinsky). (NBA & PM 7/14/98) (Michael Copely)
14. OTHER BUSINESS
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Tuesday, August 4, or Wednesday, August 5, 1998.