Public Service Building 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
PM- Previous Material
The meeting location is
wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing
impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, and large
print copies of agenda), please make your request at least 48 hours
prior to the meeting.
MONDAY JUNE 1, 1998 - BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS TOUR COTTAGE GROVE JAIL
6:15 p.m. (Per ORS 169.005(3))
MONDAY JUNE 1, 1998 - JOINT MEETING - COTTAGE GROVE CITY COUNCIL and LANE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Following Jail Tour (Council Chambers, 400 E. Main, Cottage Grove)
1. Call to Order/Flag Salute
2. Roll Call
3. Welcome Remarks
4. Purpose of Meeting
To Publicly Review and Accept Public Testimony on the City of Cottage Grove Proposed Draft Transportation System Plan (TSP)
5. The City of Cottage Grove Draft TSP - Staff Presentations
a. Brief Overview of the Oregon Transportation Planning Rule and Planning Process Background: G. A. Lavios, Director of Planning and Development
b. Brief Summary of the Cottage Grove Draft TSP: Heather Hanson, Association Planner; Tom Schwetz, Program Manager Transportation and Public Infrastructure, Lane Council of Governments (L-COG)
c. Lane County Staff Comments: Harvey Hoglund, Associate Planner Lane County Transportation Planning Section
d. Department of Land Conservation and Development (DLCD) Staff Comments: Erik Jacobsen, AICP Transportation/Land Use Planner
e. Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) Staff Comments: Nick Arnis, Region 2 Planner
6. Open - Other Business
TUESDAY, JUNE 2, 1998 - WORK SESSION
9:00 a.m. (Commissioners' Conference Room)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
# 2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers
will be limited to 3 minutes and may
not yield their time to other speakers.)
3. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
4. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. UPDATE/Facilities Capital Improvements Projects (no material). (David Suchart)
b. DISCUSSION/FIRST READING and SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance No. PA 1117/In the Matter of Amending the West Eugene Wetlands Plan by Adopting New Policies and Plan Text Establishing Planned Transportation Corridor and Utility Corridor Wetland Designations, and Adopting a Severability Clause. (Jan Childs, City of Eugene) (Second Reading and Public Hearing Wednesday, June 24 at 1:30 p.m. in Harris Hall, Main Floor)
c. DISCUSSION/Glenwood Jurisdictional Study (Mayor Morrisette) (PM and NBA 5/26/98) (Time Certain 10:30 a.m.)
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
6. PUBLIC WORKS
a. FOURTH READING AND DELIBERATION/Ordinance PA 1105/In the Matter of Amending the Rural Comprehensive Plan to Redesignate Land from "Agriculture" to "Rural" and Rezoning that Land from "E-40/Exclusive Farm Use" to "RR-2/Rural Residential 2", Adopting Exceptions to Statewide Planning Goals 3 and 4; and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses (file PA 0253-97; Davidson). (NBA & PM 2/25/98, 3/18/98 & 5/13/98) (Mike Copely)
7. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * *
A. Approval of Minutes: May 26, 1998, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
B. Assessment and Taxation
1) ORDER 98-6-2-1/In the Matter of Granting Property Tax Exempt Status Pursuant to ORS 307.475 (Jane L. Riddle).
2) ORDER 98-6-2-2/In the Matter of Granting Property Tax Exempt Status Pursuant to ORS 307.475 (Zenita Rose).
C. Children and Family Services
1) ORDER 98-6-2-3/In the Matter of Awarding Contracts to Relief Nursery and Family Relief Nursery for Crisis Nursery Services for Families At-Risk, Western Rivers Girl Scout Council for School Based Integrated Pregnancy Prevention Program for At-Risk Girls, and Lane Arts Council for Arts Focused Alternative Learning Activities for Youth in Rural Lane County, and Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Execute the Contracts.
D. District Attorney
1) ORDER 98-6-2-4/In the Matter of Applying for a $70,204 Grant from the Oregon Department of Justice, to Continue Three 0.5 FTE Victim Advocate Positions in the Victim Services Program.
E. Management Services
1) ORDER 98-6-2-5/In the Matter of Authorizing the County Administrator to Execute Lease Renewal Agreements with [A] the State of Oregon (Probation and Parole Program) [B] Heinz and Susan Selig (WIC Program) [C] Housing Authority and Community Services Agency (Lane Stabilization and Rehabilitation Program) [D] City of Oakridge (Willamette Activity Center) [E] Lane County Extension Service.
2) ORDER 98-6-2-6/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property to Betty and Johnny Thomas (Adjacent to 1689 Ardendale Lane, Eugene, Map #18-04-12-12-00105).
F. Public Safety
1) ORDER 98-6-2-7/In the Matter of Authorizing an Intergovernmental Agreement with Willamette National Forest for Recreational Support/Law Enforcement.
G. Public Works
1) RESOLUTION AND ORDER 98-6-2-8/In the Matter of Acquiring Fee or Other Interests in Portions of Certain Real Properties for the Reconstruction and Improvement of Upper Maple Creek Road Bridge.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * *
8. CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
a. ORDER 98-6-2-9/In the Matter of Awarding a One Year and One Month Contract to Birth to Three for Healthy Start Home Visitation Services in East Lane County and to Siuslaw Community Connection for Healthy Start Assessment and Home Visitation Services in West Lane County and Delegating Authority to the County Administrative Officer to Execute the Contracts, and Reducing Lane County Healthy Start Staff by 1 FTE, Eliminating 1 Vacant Position. (Patricia Rogers)
9. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
a. ORDER 98-6-2-10/In the Matter of Establishing a .75 FTE Administrative Analyst Position in the Department of Health and Human Services for FY 98/99; and Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Enter into Intergovernmental Agreements in Support of the Community Resource Information and Referral Project. (Rob Rockstroh)
10. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
11. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: No Wednesday, June 3, BCC Meeting.
*NOTE: June 3, 4 and 5/AOC Spring Conferences/AOC District 5 Meeting.
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Wednesday, June 10, 1998.