Public Service Building 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
PM- Previous Material
The meeting location is
wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing
impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, and large
print copies of agenda), please make your request at least 48 hours
prior to the meeting.
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 1998 - REGULAR MEETING
9:00 a.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
#2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers
will be limited to 3 minutes and may
not yield their time to other speakers.)
3. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS (10:40 a.m.)
4. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. UPDATE/OSU Extension Service. (Janet Calvert) (15 min.)
b. ORDER 98-11-24-1/In the Matter of Approving the Use of County Road Funds to Pay System Development Charges and Road Assessments for Food for Lane County. (Commissioner Cornacchia) (10 min.)
c. ORDER 98-11-24-2/In the Matter of Authorizing Payment of Association of Oregon Counties Dues for the Subcommittee on Federal Forest Issues. (Commissioner Cornacchia) (20 min.)
d. DISCUSSION/T.C. State Police Service Gap Analysis. (Lt. Burger) (TIME CERTAIN 10:00 A.M.) (45 min.)
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
6. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
7. PUBLIC WORKS
a. ORDER 98-11-24-3/In the Matter of Appointing Five Members to the Resource Recovery Advisory Committee. (Ken Sandusky) (5 min.)
b. ORAL REPORT/1997 Recovery Rate. (Tanya Baker) (5 min.)
c. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance PA 1125/In the Matter of Adopting the Veneta Transportation System Plan, and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses (Second Reading & Public Hearing: December 9, 1998, 1:30 p.m., Harris Hall Main Floor). (Harvey Hoglund) (2 min.)
d. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/ Ordinance PA 1127/In the Matter of Amending the Rural Comprehensive Plan to Redesignate Land from "Forest" to "Rural" and Rezoning that Land from "F-2/ Impacted Forest Land" to "RR-2/SR" ("Rural Residential 2 with Site Review"), Adopting Exceptions to Statewide Planning Goals 3 and 4; and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses (file PA 1710-97; Roberts) (Second Reading & Public Hearing: December 9, 1998, Harris Hall Main Floor). (Michael Copely) (2 min.)
e. FOURTH READING AND DELIBERATION/Ordinance PA 1116/In the Matter of Amending the Rural Comprehensive Plan to Redesignate Land from "Agriculture" to "Natural Resource: Mineral" and Rezoning that Land from "E-30/Exclusive Farm Use" to "SG/Sand, Gravel & Rock Products", and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses (file PA 2191-97; Egge). (NBA & PM 6/10/98, 6/24/98 & 7/8/98) (Bill Sage) (10 min.)
f. ORDER 98-11-24-4/In the Matter of Adopting Findings of Fact, Conclusions and a Final Order in the LUBA Remand of the Appeal of Spencer Creek Neighbors from the Hearings Official Decision Conditionally Approving a Special Use Permit for a Paintball Park in the Impacted Forest Lands Zone (F-2, RCP) (file PA 0856-95; Gillette/Williams). (NBA & PM 6/18/97 & 7/9/97) (Steve Vorhes and Bill Sage) (10 min.)
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * *
A. Approval of Minutes:
October 28, 1998, Regular Meeting, following HACSA
October 28, 1998, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
B. Health and Human Services
1) ORDER 98-11-24-5/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract to ACES in the Amount of $83,684 and Authorizing the County Administrator to Sign the Document.
2) RESOLUTION AND ORDER 98-11-24-6/In the Matter of Appropriating an Additional $53,785 in Revenues and Expenses in the Department of Health & Human Services (04) for Fiscal Year 1998-99 for Treatment to Individuals with Co-Occurring Disorders.
3) RESOLUTION AND ORDER 98-11-24-7/In the Matter of Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Sign a Revenue Contract with Women's Resource and Shelter Space, Inc. in the Amount of $44,861.
4) RESOLUTION AND ORDER 98-11-24-8/In the Matter of Appropriating an Additional $15,217 for Fiscal Year 1998-99 in Revenues and Expenses in Fund 86 in the Department of Health and Human Services (04) for the Treatment of Gambling Addiction Disorders.
5) RESOLUTION AND ORDER 98-11-24-9/In the Matter of Appropriating an Additional $39,773 in Revenues and Expenditures in Fund 86 in the Department of Health & Human Services (OHD Revision #4).
C. Management Services
1) ORDER 98-11-24-10/In the Matter of Authorizing the County Administrator to Execute an Option to Purchase Agreement with Patricia Lemke for the Sale of County Owned Real Property Identified as Map No. 18-10-07-34-00100 (Across from 87471 Tiernan Road, Florence).
2) ORDER 98-11-24-11/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property to Edward Vernon Bloom (Map #18-05-19-00-00313, Adjacent to 86074 Central Road, Veneta).
D. Public Works
1) ORDER 98-11-24-12/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract to Pape Bros. Inc. in the Amount of $66,469 for the Purchase of One (1), New, Unused, Current Model, Single-drum Vibratory Soil Compactor, With One (1) Trade-in, Contract FY 98/99 FS-05.
2) ORDER 98-11-24-13/In the Matter of Awarding a Requirements Contract to SureCrop Farm Service for the Purchase of PreMixed Calcium Magnesium Acetate (CMA - a Road Surface Deicer), Delivered to Various County and ODOT Sites, Contract FY98/99 M&S-55.
3) ORDER 98-11-24-14/In the Matter of Entering into a Contract with Rockland R. and Sharon L. Hastings for Concession Operations at Orchard Point Park and Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Sign the Contract.
- AND -
4) ORDER 98-11-24-15/In the Matter of Entering into a Contract with Rhonda J. and Frank M. Stewart for Concession Operations at Richardson Park and Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Sign the Contract.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * *
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 1998 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
9. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
*NOTE: Estimated Times
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 1998 - JOINT BCC/CVALCO LUNCH MEETING
12:00 Noon - 1:30 p.m. (Commissioners' Conference Room)
I. Introduction. (John Erickson, CVALCO Chair)
II. Brief History and Distribution of Room Tax.
III. Status of the Industry.
IV. CVALCO Performance Measures.
V. Questions and Discussion.
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 1998 - REGULAR MEETING
1:30 p.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
10. PUBLIC WORKS
a. FIFTH READING AND ACTION/Ordinance PA 1121/In the Matter of Amending Lane County General Plan Policies (an element of the Lane County Rural Comprehensive Plan) Goal 4 Forest Lands, Policy 5 to Allow Limited Dwellings on Lands Zoned Non-Impacted Forest Lands, F-1 and Adopting a Savings and Severability Clause. (NBA & PM 9/23/98, 10/14/98, 10/28/98, 11/4/98 & 11/10/98) (Kent Howe and Jim Mann)
b. FIFTH READING AND ACTION/Ordinance No. 4-98/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 16 of Lane Code to Adopt New Provisions to Allow Limited Dwellings on Lands Zoned Non-Impacted Forest Lands, F-1, and Provide Siting and Fire Safety Standards for Those New Dwellings, and Adopting a Savings and Severability Clause (LC 16.210, 16.270). (NBA & PM 9/23/98, 10/14/98, 10/28/98, 11/4/98 & 11/10/98) (Kent Howe & Jim Mann)
11. OTHER BUSINESS
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 25, 1998
No Board of Commissioners' Meeting.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 1998 - THANKSGIVING DAY
Lane County Offices Will Be Closed.
*NOTE: Next scheduled Leadership Team Meeting (Board of Commissioners and Department Directors) Monday, November 30, 1998.
Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Wednesday, December 2, 1998.