Public Service Building 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
PM- Previous Material
The meeting location is
wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing
impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, and large
print copies of agenda), please make your request at least 48 hours
prior to the meeting.
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 1998 - LEADERSHIP TEAM MEETING
9:00 a.m. (Commissioners' Conference Room)
1. Approval of Minutes: June 22, 1998, 9:00 a.m.
March 31, 1998, 8:30 a.m.
2. PRESENTATION AND DISCUSSION/Year 2000 Issues. (Mike Cohn, TQM)
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 2, 1998-HOUSING AUTHORITY AND COMMUNITY SERVICES AGENCY
9:00 a.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
#1. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes and may not yield their time to other speakers.)
2. REGULAR BUSINESS
a. ORDER 98-12-2-1H/In the Matter of Authorizing the Acquisition of Approximately 3.72 Acres (17-04-25-12 TL 1000) Located on River Road in Eugene, Oregon and (2) Executing a Purchase Option Agreement for Approximately .27 Acres (17-24-25-12 TL 1100) Located on River Road in Eugene, Oregon. (James R. McCoy) ( 5 min.)
3. CONSENT CALENDAR
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * *
a. Approval of Minutes: October 28, 1998, 9:00 a.m.
November 10, 1998, 9:00 a.m.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * *
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 2, 1998 - REGULAR MEETING
(Following HACSA) (Harris Hall Main Floor)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
#2. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. PUBLIC HEARING AND ORDER 98-12-2-1/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 20 of Lane Manual to Adopt Rules Exempting Certain Contracts from Formal Competitive Bidding, Adopting Findings of Fact and Authorizing the County Administrator to Implement. (NBA & PM 10/14/98) (Teresa Wilson and Trina Laidlaw) ( 5 min.)
#3. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers
will be limited to 3 minutes and may
not yield their time to other speakers.)
4. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS (10:40 a.m.)
5. FAIR BOARD
a. ORDER 98-12-2-2/In the Matter of Authorizing Financing and Refinancing of Fairground Improvements. (Mike Gleason) (TIME CERTAIN 9:30 A.M.)
b. ORDER 98-12-2-3/In the Matter of Amending Order No. 98-4-8-4 Regarding the Use of Undedicated Transient Room Tax Funds for Capital Improvements at the Lane County Fairgrounds to Extend the Effect Through June, 2009. (Mike Gleason)
6. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
7. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
8. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
9. PUBLIC WORKS
a. DISCUSSION AND ACTION/Considering Adopting Procedures for the Establishment of Speed Zones on Low Volume or Non-hard Surface County Roads. (NBA & PM 3/18/98) (Ed Chastain)
10. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.) (30 min.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * *
A. Approval of Minutes: November 10, 1998, Regular Meeting, following HACSA
November 10, 1998, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
B. County Counsel
1) ORDER 98-12-2-4/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 21 of Lane Manual to Revise and Update Provisions with Regard to Public Contracts and to Bring Into Compliance with Statutory Language.
2) ORDER 98-12-2-5/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 61 of Lane Manual Regarding Delegations of Authority for Settlements and Waiver of Private Attorney Conflicts of Interest.
C. Health and Human Services
1) ORDER 98-12-2-6/In the Matter of Appointing a Designee of the Mental Health Director to Direct a Peace Officer to Take a Mentally Ill Individual Into Custody.
D. Management Services
1) ORDER 98-12-2-7/In the Matter of Ratifying the Engineering Technician Addendum to the Administrative-Professional Association of Lane County Public Works, Inc. 1997-2000 Contract Agreement.
E. Public Safety
1) ORDER 98-12-2-8/In the Matter of Authorizing Renewal of an Intergovernmental Agreement with the Oregon Emergency Management Division.
F. Public Works
1) ORDER 98-12-2-9/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract to Western Power & Equipment in the Amount of $35,895 for the Purchase of One (1) New, Unused, Current Model, Articulating Pneumatic Tire Compactor, With One (1) Trade-in, Contract No. FY 98/99 FS-06.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 2, 1998 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
11. MANAGEMENT SERVICES
ORDER 98-12-2-10/In the Matter of Authorizing Exceptions Regarding Eligibility for County-Paid Retiree Insurance for Tom McVea and Jim Brougher. (Craig Starr)
12. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
1:30 p.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
13. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
14. OTHER BUSINESS
a. ORAL REPORT BACK/Status Report--Forest Work Camp. (NBA & PM 12/27/98) (Capt. John Clague) (15 min.)
#15. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance No. 6-98/In the Matter of Amending Chapters 9 and 16 of Lane Code to Adopt Regulations Governing Boating, Construction and Erosion Control and Land Use Within the Clear Lake Watershed, Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses and Declaring an Emergency (LC 9.950, 9.990, 16.005, 16.012 and 16.258) (NBA & PM 11/4/98) [NOTE: Ordinance 6-98 is a companion item to Ordinance PA 1122, accompanied by separate Cover Memo. Action on this Ordinance should be completed before action on Ordinance PA 1122 occurs. It is recommended that the Public Hearings on the two Ordinances be combined.] (Michael Copely)
b. SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance PA 1122/In the Matter of Amending the Rural Comprehensive Plan and the Coastal Resources Management Plan to Add Policy and Map References to the Clear Lake Watershed Area and to Apply the "Clear Lake Watershed Protection" Zoning District to Lands Within the Area, and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses and Declaring an Emergency. (NBA & PM 11/4/98) (Michael Copely)
16. OTHER BUSINESS
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Wednesday, December 9, 1998.