Public Service Building 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
PM- Previous Material
The meeting location is
wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing
impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, and large
print copies of agenda), please make your request at least 48 hours
prior to the meeting.
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 1998 - JOINT BCC/VENETA CITY COUNCIL MEETING
6:30 p.m. (Council Chambers, Veneta Administrative Center, 88184 Eighth Street, Veneta)
The Veneta Draft Transportation System Plan (TSP) will result in amendments to the Veneta Comprehensive Plan, Veneta's Land Development Ordinance, and Veneta's Land Division Ordinance. It will also result in a list of capital improvements on which funding of future infrastructure projects will be based.
1. Opening of joint public hearing. (Mayor Carpenter and Commissioner Cornacchia)
3. Staff presentations
• Sandra Belson, Lane Council of Governments
• Chris Henry, Lane County Public Works
• Nick Arnis, Oregon Department of Transportation
4. Public testimony
5. Questions from Commissioners and Councilors
6. Close public hearing
7. Staff response
8. Discussion, Deliberation and Decision
a. Approve TSP with recommended amendments as presented in Attachments 2 and 3, or as modified.
b. Continue the public hearing and/or deliberation and set next meeting time.
9. Presentation/Community Safety and Justice System Levy. (Commissioners Cornacchia and Green)
10. Lane County Board of Commissioners adjourns meeting. City Council calls for a break and resumes regular meeting.
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 1998 - REGULAR MEETING
9:00 a.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
#2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers
will be limited to 3 minutes and may
not yield their time to other speakers.)
3. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS (10:40 a.m.)
4. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. REPORT BACK/Request for Support of the Coburg and Junction City Drinking Water Protection Plans. (Commissioners Dumdi and Weeldreyer) (15 min.)
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
6. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
7. PUBLIC WORKS
a. ORDER 98-9-16-1/In the Matter of Entering into Agreements with Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) and Weyerhaeuser Company for the London Road Slide Project. (Ollie Snowden) (10 min.)
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * *
A. Approval of Minutes
B. County Administration
1) ORDER 98-9-16-2/In the Matter of Reappointing Justices Pro Tempore for the Florence Justice Court for One (1) Year.
2) ORDER 98-9-16-3/In the Matter of Reappointing Justices Pro Tempore for the Central Lane Justice Court for One (1) Year.
3) ORDER 98-9-16-4/In the Matter of Reappointing Justices Pro Tempore for the Oakridge Justice Court for One (1) Year.
C. Health and Human Services
1) ORDER 98-9-16-5/In the Matter of Accepting an Intergovernmental Agreement with the State of Oregon Mental Health and Developmental Disability Services Division in the Amount of $12,364,982; and Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Sign the Agreement.
2) ORDER 98-9-16-6/In the Matter of Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Sign Contract Amendments for Providers to Serve on the Lane County Managed Mental Health Provider Panel.
3) RESOLUTION AND ORDER 98-9-16-7/In the Matter of Appropriating an Additional $29,054 in Revenues and Expenditures in Fund 86 for Public Health Services in the Department of Health and Human Services (OHD Revision #2, Stars, OSU SOS).
4) RESOLUTION AND ORDER 98-9-16-8/In the Matter of Appropriating an Additional $1,600 in Revenues and Expenditures for Services to Individuals with Mental Illness (IGA 20-001, PAAF 37).
5) RESOLUTION AND ORDER 98-9-16-9/In the Matter of Appropriating an Additional $344,015 in Revenues and Expenditures in Fund 86 for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities; and Granting Authority to the County Administration to Sign PAAF #38 to the 1997-99 Intergovernmental Agreement 20-001 and Subcontract Amendments with Albertina Kerr Centers and Independent Environments, Inc.
D. Public Safety
1) ORDER 98-9-16-10/In the Matter of Approving an Intergovernmental Contract Purchase of Services with the City of Eugene and the Lane County Sheriff's Office Inmate Road Crew Program. (Paul Sachet)
E. Public Works
1) ORDER 98-9-16-11/In the Matter of Authorizing the County Administrator to Sign the Covered Bridge Maintenance and Rehabilitation Program 1997-1999 Biennium Agreement for State Grant Monies Awarded to Maintain and Rehabilitate Eligible Covered Bridges in Lane County.
2) ORDER 98-9-16-12/In the Matter of Accepting a Deed of Land to be Used as a Public Road Easement for County Road No. 590 (Mercer Lake Road) (17-12-35).
3) RESOLUTION AND ORDER 98-9-16-13/In the Matter of Setting a Public Hearing on the Proposed Surrender of County Road Number 439 (Formerly Harlow Road) to the City of Springfield (Public Hearing: November 4, 1998, 1:30 pm, Harris Hall Main Floor).
F. Youth Services
1) ORDER 98-9-16-14/In the Matter of Authorizing the County Administrator to Execute a Contract for Rural Services to Youth with Substance Abuse Problems.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * *
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 1998 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
9. COUNTY COUNSEL
a. ORDER 98-9-16-15/In the Matter of Appointing Two Lay Members to the Law Library Advisory Committee. (Randy Mafit) (5 min.)
10. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
a. RESOLUTION AND ORDER 98-9-16-16/In the Matter of Appointing Two Members to Fill Vacancies to the Mental Health Advisory Committee. (Rob Rockstroh) (5 min.)
11. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
Note: REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS: