MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 1995 - LABOR DAY
Lane County Offices Will be Closed.
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 1995 - HOUSING AUTHORITY AND
COMMUNITY SERVICES AGENCY
9:00 a.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
#1. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers will be limited
to 3 minutes and may not yield their time to other speakers.)
2. CONSENT CALENDAR
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
a. Approval of Minutes: August 23, 1995, 9:00 a.m.
b. RESOLUTION AND ORDER 95-9-6-1H/In the Matter of Approving the Write-Off of Tenant Accounts Receivable in the Conventional Housing Program.
c. ORDER 95-9-6-2H/In the Matter of Approving a Contract for the Delegation of $258,829 of Rollover Low Income Program Funds (LIEAP-WX-95 and DOE-WX-95) to Support the Low-Income Weatherization Program.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
3. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 1995 - REGULAR MEETING
(Following HACSA) (Harris Hall Main Floor)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
#2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers
will be limited to 3 minutes and may
not yield their time to other speakers.)
3. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS (10:40 a.m.)
4. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. ORDER 95-9-6-1/In the Matter of Authorizing Lane County Public Works to Expend an Amount Not to Exceed $100,000 for the Construction of a Public Road to Serve the United States Basketball Academy. (Commissioner Cornacchia)
b. ORDER 95-9-6-2/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 4 of Lane Manual to Add New Provisions to Lane County's Financial Management Policies (LM 4.010(18) and (19). (Commissioner Dumdi)
a. RESOLUTION/In the Matter of Recognizing the Salvation Army's 100 Years of Service in Lane County. (Commissioner Rust)
6. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
7. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
b. ORDER 95-9-6-3/In the Matter of Terminating the City of Coburg Enterprise Zone. (Peter Thurston)
8. PUBLIC WORKS
a. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance PA 1077/In the Matter of Naming a Private Road Nicholson Road (Second Reading & Public Hearing: October 18, 1995, 1:30 p.m., Harris Hall Main Floor). (Bob Ezell)
b. SIXTH READING AND SETTING SEVENTH READING AND FINAL ACTION/Ordinance PA 1072/In the Matter of Amending the Rural Comprehensive Plan to Redesignate Land from "Agricul-ture" to "Rural," Rezoning that Land from "E-30/Exclusive Farm Use" to "RR-5/Rural Residential 5," and Taking Exceptions to State-wide Planning Goals 3 and 4; and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses (file PA 0229-95; Henton). (NBA & PM 5/3/95, 5/16/95, 5/30/95, 6/13/95 & 7/26/95) (Seventh Reading & Final Action: September 20, 1995, Harris Hall Main Floor) (Michael Copely)
9. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
A. Approval of Minutes: June 7, 1995, Regular Meeting, 8:30 a.m.
June 7, 1995, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
June 13, 1995, Work Session, 9:00 a.m.
June 13, 1995, Work Session, 1:30 p.m.
June 20, 1995, Leadership Team, 9:00 a.m.
August 8, 1995, Work Session, 9:00 a.m.
August 8, 1995, Hwy 58 Public Hrg, 2:00 p.m.
August 8, 1995, Hwy 58 Public Hrg, 6:30 p.m.
August 9, 1995, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
August 9, 1995, Joint BCC/Fair Board, 11:30 a.m.
August 9, 1995, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
B. County Administration
1) ORDER 95-9-6-4/In the Matter of Awarding a Subcontract in the Amount of $97,710, and Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Sign Subcontract With Addiction Counseling and Educational Services, Inc. to Deliver Intensive In-Custody and Outpatient Alcohol and Drug Treatment Services for Offenders.
2) ORDER 95-9-6-5/In the Matter of Awarding a Subcontract in the Amount of $211,224, and Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Sign Subcontract With Sponsors, Inc. to Provide Transitional Housing and Case Management Services to Male Parolees, Female Offenders and Sex Offenders.
3) ORDER 95-9-6-6/In the Matter of Granting the County Administrator the Authority to Approve and Execute an Intergovernmental Agreement With Oregon Judicial Department in the Amount of $72,431 for the Operation of a Pretrial Supervision Program in Lane County.
4) ORDER 95-9-6-7/In the Matter of Approving an Intergovernmental Agreement Between Lane County and Lane Council of Governments for Telecommunications System Management for FY 95-96.
C. Assessment and Taxation
1) ORDER 95-9-6-8/In the Matter of Refunds to H.J.Heinz Company and David E. Carmichael, Attorney; Bohemia/Willamette Industries, Inc.; DAG Trust Partnership, D.E.Cash and Others and David E. Carmichael, Attorney; Neste Resins Corporation and Christopher K. Robinson, Taxpayer Representative; and DBSI-TRI XXI, aka Pacific Village Apartments and David L. Canary, Attorney.
D. Children and Family Services
1) ORDER 95-9-6-9/In the Matter of Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Execute Contracts for Healthy Start Services With Birth to Three for $7,500 and Catholic Community Services for $223,000.
E. Human Resources and Management Services
1) ORDER 95-9-6-10/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Surplus Owned County Property to David L. Church (Map #19-12-02-42, Tax Lots 100, 400, 2100, 2200 Located in the Amended Plat, El Carmel, in Glenada) and Voiding a Portion of Board Order 90-7-25-6.
2) ORDER 95-9-6-11/In the Matter of Authorizing the County Administrator to Execute a One Year Renewal of the Materials and Services Contract with Diamond Parking Inc. for Management of County-Owned Parking Facilities.
3) ORDER 95-9-6-12/In the Matter of Award of Bid of RFP LCP 94/95-11 for Requirements Purchase of Professional Services for Integrated Design Services.
4) ORDER 95-9-6-13/In the Matter of Award of Bid of RFP LCP 94/95-12 for Requirements Purchase of Professional Services for Engineering Services.
1) ORDER 95-9-6-14/In the Matter of Establishing an Employment Specialist I Position.
G. Public Safety
1) ORDER 95-9-6-15/In the Matter of Authorizing a Personal Services Agreement With Law Enforcement Psychological Services, Inc.
H. Public Works
1) ORDER 95-9-6-16/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract to Philip Environmental for Collection and Disposal Services for Lane County's Household Hazardous Waste Program.
2) ORDER 95-9-6-17/In the Matter of Accepting a Deed of Land to be Used as a Public Road Easement and County Road for Perkins Road (18-05-06).
3) ORDER 95-9-6-18/In the Matter of Accepting a Deed of Land to be Used as a Public Road Easement and County Road for Garoutte Road (21-02-07)
4) ORDER 95-9-6-19/In the Matter of Vacating a Portion of County Road Number 730 (O.W. Phelps Road), Without a Public Hearing, and Adopting Findings of Fact (17-12-35).
5) ORDER 95-9-6-20/In the Matter of Amending the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Lease at North Shore Park on Lookout Point Reservoir to Increase the Lease Area by 19 Acres and Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Sign the Lease Agreement.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 1995 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
10. HUMAN RESOURCES AND MANAGEMENT SERVICES
a. ORDER 95-9-6-21/In the Matter of Appointing Three (3) Members to the Human Rights and Affirmative Action Advisory Committee. (Cheryl McCawley)
b. ORDER 95-9-6-22/In the Matter of Approving the Issuance of a Request for Proposals for Project Management of the Juvenile Justice Center. (Steve Carmichael)
11. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
1:30 p.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
12. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
#13. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1) ORDER 95-9-6-23/In the Matter of Transferring County-Owned Real Property to "Habitat for Humanity" for the Purpose of Developing Affordable Housing -- Assessor's Map #17-04-28-24-06600, Adjacent to 502 Sandstone Way, Eugene. (Jeff Turk)
14. HUMAN RESOURCES AND MANAGEMENT SERVICES
a. DISCUSSION/Disposition of the Westfir Mill Site Property and Providing Direction to County Staff. (Jeff Turk)
15. OTHER BUSINESS
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 1995 - JOINT LEADERSHIP TEAM AND BUDGET COMMITTEE MEETING
8:30 a.m. (Commissioners' Conference Room)
- Approval of Minutes: August 7, 1995, Joint Mtg, 8:30 a.m.
- Presentation/Sheriff's Levy Proposal. (Sheriff McManus)
- Review Impact on Property Tax System/Compression; Review Financial Plan. (David Garnick)
- Next Joint Leadership Team/Budget Committee Meeting, Monday, September 25, 1995.
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 1995 AND WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 1995
NO BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' MEETING
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Tuesday, September 19, 1995 and/or Wednesday, September 20, 1995.