Public Service Building 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
PM- Previous Material
The meeting location is
wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing
impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, and large
print copies of agenda), please make your request at least 48 hours
prior to the meeting.
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 13, 1997 - REGULAR MEETING
9:00 a.m. †††(Harris Hall Main Floor)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
#2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes:† Speakers
will be limited to 3 minutes and may
not yield their time to other speakers.)
3. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS (10:40 a.m.) †
4. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. UPDATE/OSU Extension Service. (Janet Calvert) (10 min.)
5. HUMAN RESOURCES AND MANAGEMENT SERVICES
a. UPDATE/Facilities Capital Improvements Projects. (David Suchart) (20 min.)
b. ORDER 97-8-13-1/In the Matter of Authorizing the County Administrator to Sign an Amendment to Agreement Between Owner and Construction Manager for the Lane County Juvenile Justice Center. (David Suchart) (10 min.)
c. ORDER 97-8-13-2/In the Matter of Ratifying the Tentative Agreement Between Lane County and the Public Works Administrative, Professional and Technical Employees Bargaining Unit. (David Suchart and Ruth Larson) (5 min.)
d. ORDER 97-8-13-3/In the Matter of Ratifying the Tentative Agreement Between Lane County, the Sheriff and the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees, Local 2831. (David Suchart and Ruth Larson)
e. 1) ORDER 97-8-13-4/In the Matter of Approving a Wage Adjustment and Amendment to the Compensation Plan for Nonrepresented Employees of Lane County and Fairboard Employees. (David Suchart and Ruth Larson) (5 min.)
e. 2) ORDER 97-8-13-5/In the Matter of Approving a Wage Adjustment for Lane County Elected Officials. (David Suchart and Ruth Larson)
e. 3) ORDER 97-8-13-6/In the Matter of Approving an Amendment to the Employment Contract of the County Administrator to Include a Wage Adjustment. (David Suchart and Ruth Larson)
6. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
7. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
8. PUBLIC WORKS
a. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance No. PA 2000/In the Matter of Naming a Public Road Bobcat Boulevard (18-03-29) (Second Reading & Public Hearing:† September 10, 1997, 1:30 p.m., Harris Hall Main Floor). (Bob Ezell) (2 min.)
b. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance No. PA 2001/In the Matter of Naming a Private Road Hollis Lane (16-04-31 & 17-04-06) (Second Reading & Public Hearing:† September 3, 1997, 1:30 p.m., Harris Hall Main Floor). (Bob Ezell) (2 min.)
9. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below.† There will be no separate discussion of these items.† If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * *
A. Approval of Minutes:
May 27, 1997, Work Session, 9:00 a.m.
July 30, 1997, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
B. Health and Human Services
1) ORDER 97-8-13-7/In the Matter of Approving the Submittal of a Supportive Housing Program Grant to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development in the Amount of $1,372,434.
C. Human Resources and Management Services
1) ORDER 97-8-13-8/In the Matter of Authorizing the County Administrator to Sign an Intergovernmental Agreement With the City of Eugene for a Bicycle Path Near the Juvenile Justice Center.
D. Public Safety
1) ORDER 97-8-13-9/In the Matter of Authorizing an Intergovernmental Agreement With Willamette National Forest for Cannabis Eradication.
2) ORDER 97-8-13-10/In the Matter of† Authorizing an Intergovernmental Agreement With Willamette National Forest for Recreational Support/Law Enforcement.
E. Public Works
1) ORDER 97-8-13-11/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract to Johnson Rock Products, Inc. for Slide Repair - Shoestring Road (MP 0.40-MP .80 and MP 3.00), Contract No. 97/98-03.
2) ORDER 97-8-13-12/In the Matter of Setting a Public Hearing for the Purpose of Hearing Objections to Final Assessments for Improvements to 6th Street South from Johnson Avenue to the I-5 Interchange, Including Assessments (Public Hearing:† September 3, 1997, 1:30 p.m., Harris Hall Main Floor).
F. Youth Services
1) ORDER 97-8-13-13/In the Matter of Authorizing the Department of Youth Services to Submit a Continuation Grant Application for $165,001 to Criminal Justice Services Division for Year Two Funding for the Violent Offender Rehabilitation Treatment Program.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
10. COUNTY COUNSEL
a. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance No. 11-97/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 4 of Lane Code to Exempt Disaster Victims From Transient Room Tax (LC 4.125) (Second Reading and Public Hearing: August 27, 1997, 1:30 p.m., Harris Hall Main Floor). (Teresa J. Wilson) (2 min.)
11. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
12. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
*NOTE:† Estimated Times
*NOTE:† No Board of Commissionersí meeting Wednesday, August 20, 1997
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Wednesday, August 27, 1997.