Public Service Building 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
PM- Previous Material
The meeting location is
wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing
impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, and large
print copies of agenda), please make your request at least 48 hours
prior to the meeting.
TUESDAY, AUGUST 5, 1997 - WORK SESSION
9:00 a.m. (Commissioners’ Conference Room)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
#2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers
will be limited to 3 minutes and may
not yield their time to other speakers.)
3. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS (10:40 a.m.)
4. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. UPDATE/Facilities Capital Improvement Projects. (David Suchart)
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
6. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
7. PUBLIC WORKS
a. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance PA 2000/In the Matter of Naming a Public Road Bobcat Boulevard (18-03-29) (Second Reading & Public Hearing: September 10, 1997, 1:30 p.m., Harris Hall Main Floor). (Bob Ezell)
b. DISCUSSION/Status Report on Hearing Schedule and Proposed Amendments to LC 16.210 and for the F1 Zone Concerning Whether or Not to Allow New Dwellings. (Jim Mann and Kent Howe)
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
A. Approval of Minutes:May 27, 1997, Work Session, 9:00 a.m.
May 28, 1997, Regular Meeting, following HACSA
May 28, 1997, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
B. Assessment and Taxation
1) ORDER 97-8-6-/In the Matter of Refunds to Sorgenfri Associates & David E. Carmichael, Petitioner’s Attorney and Sorgenfri Associates & Hawthorne Park LLC & David E. Carmichael, Petitioner’s Attorney.
C. Human Resources and Management Services
1) ORDER 97-8-6-/In the Matter of Authorizing a Sheriff’s Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property and Delegating Authority to the Property Management Officer to Remove any Particular Parcel From Said Sale if Determined to be in the Best Interest of the County.
D. Public Works
1) ORDER 97-8-6-/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract to _________________ for Painting and Repairs for Goodpasture Covered Bridge (Br. No. 16-2E-29).
2) ORDER 97-8-6-/In the Matter of Accepting a Deed of Land to be Used as a Public Road Easement for County Road No. 1072 (Howard Avenue) (17-04-13).
3) ORDER 97-8-6-/In the Matter of Awarding a Requirements Contract to Potters Industries, Inc. for the Purchase of Silane Beads for Traffic Stripping, Contract FY 97/98 MS-53.
4) RESOLUTION AND ORDER 97-8-6-/In the Matter of Accepting Boating Facility Grants From the Oregon State Marine Board for Boating Improvements at Westlake Boat Landing and for a Floating Restroom on Fern Ridge Reservoir, Appropriating $170,000 in Fund 16, and Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Sign the Cooperative Agreement.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
TUESDAY, AUGUST 5, 1997 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
9. COUNTY COUNSEL
a. ORDER 97-8-6-/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 4 of Lane Code to Exempt Disaster Victims From Transient Room Tax (LC 4.125).
10. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
11. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Wednesday, August 13, 1997.