Public Service Building 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
PM- Previous Material
The meeting location is
wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing
impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, and large
print copies of agenda), please make your request at least 48 hours
prior to the meeting.
MONDAY, DECEMBER 1, 1997, JOINT WORK SESSION/BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND EUGENE CITY COUNCIL
5:30 p.m. (McNutt Room, City of Eugene)
I. DISCUSSION/West Eugene Enterprise Zone.
II. ORDER 97-12-1-1/In the Matter of Adopting a Public-Benefit Scoring System Applicable to the West Eugene Enterprise Zone.
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 2, 1997, JOINT BCC and COBURG CITY COUNCIL MEETING
7:00 p.m. (Coburg City Hall, 91069 N. Willamette, Coburg)
III. UPDATE/Wastewater Issues.
IV. UPDATE/Transportation Planning. (Coburg Representative)
V. UPDATE/Willamette Street Project. (Coburg Representative)
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 3, 1997 - REGULAR MEETING
9:00 a.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
# 2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers
will be limited to 3 minutes and may
not yield their time to other speakers.)
3. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS (10:40 a.m.)
4. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. REPORT/Youth Pledge: Lane County’s Promise to Our Youth. (Joe Berney (10:30 TIME CERTAIN) (30 min.)
b. UPDATE/Facilities Capital Improvement Projects (no material). (David Suchart) (10 min.)
c. DISCUSSION/Evaluation of County Administrator. (Commissioner Weeldreyer) (20 min.)
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
6. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
b. ORDER 97-12-3-1/In the Matter of Approving Receipt of the Community Development Block Grant for London Water System Master Plan (No. P97057 in the Amount of $24,305), Authorize the County Administrator to Sign Grant Documents and an Agreement with the London Water Co-Op; Increase Appropriations in the Amount of $21,915 in Revenues and Expenses in Fund 24, (17) General Expense, and $2,390 in Fund 24, (03) County Administration. (Peter Thurston) (15 min.)
7. PUBLIC WORKS
a. ORDER 97-12-3-2/In the Matter of Awarding Tourism Special Project Grants for 1998 and Authorizing the County Administrator to Sign the Agreements. (Carol Ann Peters) (10 min.)
b. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance PA 1103/In the Matter of Amending the Rural Comprehensive Plan to Redesignate Land from "Agriculture" and "Forest" to "Nonresource" and Rezoning that Land from "E-40/Exclusive Farm Use" and "F-2/Impacted Forest Land" to "RR-5/Rural Residential 5", and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses (file PA 1936-97; Welsh) (Second Reading & Public Hearing: December 17, 1997, 1:30 p.m., Harris Hall Main Floor). (Michael Copely) (2 min.)
c. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance No. 13-97/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 16 of Lane Code to Revise the Temporary Hardship Manufactured Dwelling Provisions in the Suburban Residential (RA-RCP) and Rural Residential (RR-RCP) Zones and Declaring an Emergency (LC 16.229(2)(c) & 16.231(2)(c)) (Second Reading & Public Hearing: December 17, 1997, 1:30 p.m., Harris Hall Main Floor). (Jim Mann) (2 min.)
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * (2 min.)
A. Approval of Minutes: None.
B. Health and Human Services
1) ORDER 97-12-3-3/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract with PeaceHealth Oregon Region in the Amount of $2,661,567 for Operation of Lane County Psychiatric Hospital and Granting Authority to the County Administrator to Sign the Contract.
C. Public Safety
1) ORDER 97-12-3-4/In the Matter of Applying for a Rural Investment Fund Grant for Training of Reserve Officers and Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Execute Grant Documents.
D. Public Works
1) ORDER 97-12-3-5/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract to Western Power & Equipment Corp., in the Amount of $132,950.00, for the Purchase of Two (2), New Rubber Tire Tractors Equipped with Side Flail Mowers with two (2) trade-ins, Contract FY97/98 FS-02(b).
2) ORDER 97-12-3-6/In the Matter of Amending an Agreement with EMCON for Stormwater Quality Facilities Design in Association with the Coburg Road Reconstruction Project.
3) ORDER 97-12-3-7/In the Matter of Awarding a Requirements Contract to EMCON for Engineering and Technical Services Related to Lane County's Landfill Construction and Operation in an Amount Not to Exceed $100,000.
4) ORDER 97-12-3-8/In the Matter of Approving Amendment Number 2 to Work Order Number LCSM-020 with EMCON for General Engineering Services for the Short Mountain Landfill for an Amount Not to Exceed $75,000 and Authorizing the County Administrator to Execute the Amendment.
5) ORDER 97-12-3-9/In the Matter of Entering into a Funds Exchange Agreement with Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) for the Mt. Vernon Road and South 57th Street Improvement Project.
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 3, 1997 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
9. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
a. RESOLUTION AND ORDER 97-12-3-10/In the Matter of Increasing a Vacant .5 FTE Office Assistant 2 to 1.0 FTE in the Department of Health and Human Services. (Rob Rockstroh) (5 min.)
b. ORDER 97-12-3-11/In the Matter of Appointing Medical Staff of the Lane County Psychiatric Hospital and Granting Them Physician Privileges as Listed in Exhibit A. (Rob Rockstroh) (5 min.)
10. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
11. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Wednesday, December 10, 1997.