Public Service Building 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
PM- Previous Material
The meeting location is
wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing
impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, and large
print copies of agenda), please make your request at least 48 hours
prior to the meeting.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 9, 1997 - REGULAR MEETING
(Following HACSA) (Harris Hall Main Floor)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
#2. PUBLIC HEARINGS
#3. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers
will be limited to 3 minutes and may
not yield their time to other speakers.)
4. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS (10:40 a.m.)
5. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. ORDER 97-7-9-1/In the Matter of Authorizing the County Administrator to Execute the Intergovernmental Agreement to Continue Lane County Participation in the Intergovernmental Housing Policy Board. (James R. McCoy) (30 min.)
b. UPDATE/Facilities Capital Improvement Projects. (David Suchart and John Clague) (15 min.)
c. ORDER 97-7-9-2/In the Matter of Appointing Two Members to the West Eugene Enterprise Zone Committee. (Comm. Weeldreyer) (30 min.)
7. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
8. COMMITTEE REPORTS
a. Legislative Committee Update. (Commissioner Green and Roy Burns) (10 min.)
9. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
b. DISCUSSION/Ballot Measure 50--Implications on Public Service. (David Suchart) (30 min.)
c. ORDER 97-7-9-3/In the Matter of a Motion of Support for Lane Council of Governments Application for a Transportation Growth Management Grant for Small City/County Growth Management Agreements. (Milo Mecham (LCOG)) (20 min.)
d. ORDER 97-7-9-4/In the Matter of a Motion of Support for Lane Council of Governments Application for a Transportation Growth Management Grant for Veneta Coordination Agreements. (Milo Mecham (LCOG)) (20 min.)
e. ORDER 97-7-9-5/In the Matter of a Motion of Support for Lane Council of Governments Application for a Transportation Growth Management Grant for a Lane County, Eugene, and LTD Coordination Agreement on Transit Services. (Milo Mecham (LCOG)) (20 min.)
10. PUBLIC WORKS
a. ORDER 97-7-9-6/In the Matter of Authorizing Staff to Apply to the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) for a Grant to Clean Up Waste Tires from Jordan Pit. (Craig Starr) (15 min.)
b. DISCUSSION/Posting the Vacant Waste Reduction Specialist Position. (Ken Sandusky) (10 min.)
c. DISCUSSION & ACTION/Setting a Policy Regarding Landscaping Costs on Road Construction Projects. (Ollie Snowden) (10 min.)
d. DISCUSSION/Combining the Planning Commissions. (Jim Mann and Kent Howe) (30 min.)
11. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * *
A. Approval of Minutes
B. Assessment and Taxation
1) ORDER 97-7-9-7/In the Matter of Refunds to R & T Lee Investments & Mark Anderson, Petitioner’s Authorized Representative and Servistar Coast To Coast Corp. & David E. Carmichael, Petitioner’s Attorney.
C. Children and Families
1) ORDER 97-7-9-8/In the Matter of Applying for a U.S. Administration for Children and Families Grant for $600,000 for a Community Safety Net for Child Abuse Prevention.
D. District Attorney
1) ORDER 97-7-9-9/In the Matter of Applying for a $110,000 Grant from the Oregon Department of Justice To Fund a 1.0 FTE Victim Advocate Position from January 1, 1988 through June 30, 2000 in the District Attorney’s Office.
E. Health and Human Services
1) ORDER 97-7-9-10/In the Matter of Delegating Authority to the County Administrator To Sign Two Intergovernmental Agreements Totaling $100,898.04 from Oregon Services to Children and Families (SCF) in the Department of Health and Human Services.
2) ORDER 97-7-9-11/In the Matter of Delegating Authority to the County Administrator To Extend Community Corrections Contracts.
F. Human Resources and Management Services
1) ORDER 97-7-9-12/In the Matter of Award of Contract for Request for Proposals LCP 96/97-10 for Requirements Purchase of Temporary Help Administration.
G. Public Works
1) ORDER 97-7-9-13/In the Matter of Denying the Vacation of the Roadway Between Lots 11 and 12 in Porter Acres as Platted and Recorded in Book 5, Page 6, Lane County, Oregon Plat Records (18-03-30). (NBA & PM 11/26/96, 12/18/96, 4/30/97 & 6/11/97)
2) ORDER 97-5-28-4/In the Matter of Interpreting Lane Code 16.212(3)(b)(i) and Adopting Findings and Conclusions as Part of a Final Order Affirming a Hearings Official's Decision Denying a Request to Allow a Farm-Related Dwelling Within the Exclusive Farm Use Zone (EFU-25/RCP) (PA 4120-95, Ina Saunders).
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
WEDNESDAY, JULY 9, 1997 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
12. INFORMATION SYSTEMS
a. ORDER 97-7-9-14/In the Matter of Award of Increasing a Vacant .5 FTE PC/Network Technician Position to a 1.0 FTE PC/Network Technician Position in the Department of Information Services Effective July 1, 1997, At No Expense to the General Fund. (Gary Ingram) (5 min.)
13. PUBLIC SAFETY
a. ORDER 97-7-9-15/In the Matter of Authorizing an Intergovernmental Agreement with The Oregon Department of State Police for the Purchase and Installation of Two Livescan Devices. (Pat Dawley) (5 min.)
b. ORDER 97-7-9-16/In the Matter of Establishing Positions for the $2,475,794 in Grant-In-Aid Funding Included in the FY 97-98 Budget. (John Clague) (10 min.)
14. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
15. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
1:30 p.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
16. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
17. OTHER BUSINESS
a. ON THE RECORD HEARING/Proceedings on Remand from the Land Use Board of Appeals and Hearing Limited Testimony on the Appeal of a Hearings Official Decision Affirming the Planning Director Approval of a Request to Allow a Paintball Park Within an Impacted Forest Land (F2/RCP) Zone District (PA 0856-95, Gillette/Williams: Applicants; Spencer Creek Neighbors: Appellants). (NBA & PM 6/18/97) (Bill Sage)
18. OTHER BUSINESS
*NOTE: Estimated Times
FRIDAY, JULY 4, 1997 -INDEPENDENCE DAY
LANE COUNTY OFFICES WILL BE CLOSED
JULY 11-15, 1997 - NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF COUNTIES CONFERENCE (NACo)
JULY 16, 1997
DOWN WEEK - No BCC Meeting
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Wednesday, July 23, 1997.