Public Service Building 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
PM- Previous Material
The meeting location is
wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing
impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, and large
print copies of agenda), please make your request at least 48 hours
prior to the meeting.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 4, 1997 - REGULAR MEETING
9:00 a.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
#2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers
will be limited to 3 minutes and may
not yield their time to other speakers.)
3. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS (10:40 a.m.)
4. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. UPDATE/Facilities Capital Improvement Projects. (David Suchart) (15 min.)
b. RESOLUTION AND ORDER 97-6-4-1/In the Matter of Adopting the 1997-1998 Overall Economic Development Program (OEDP) for Submission to the Cascades West Economic Development District (CWEDD) and Transmittal to the Federal Economic Development Administration (EDA). (Cynthia Van Zelm, L-COG) (30 min.)
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660 - (TIME CERTAIN 3:30 P.M.)
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
6. COMMITTEE REPORTS
a. Legislative Committee Update. (Commissioner Green and Roy Burns) (15 min.)
7. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
8. PUBLIC WORKS
a. ORDER 97-6-4-2/In the Matter of Appointing One Member to the Resource Recovery Advisory Committee. (Ken Sandusky) (5 min.)
9. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * (2 min.)
A. Approval of Minutes
B. County Counsel
1) ORDER 97-6-4-3/In the Matter of The Sale of Forfeited Real Property to Margaret M. Johnson and Edward J. Holestine.
C. Health and Human Services
1) RESOLUTION AND ORDER 97-6-4-4/In the Matter of Appropriating $98,916 of Revenues and Expenses in Fund 86 for Services to Individuals With Developmental Disabilities (PAAF 74 and 75).
2) RESOLUTION AND ORDER 97-6-4-5/In the Matter of Accepting an Intergovernmental Contract for Community Response Team in the Amount of $30,494 From the City of Eugene; and Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Sign the Contract.
D. Public Safety
1) ORDER 97-6-4-6/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract to Spacesaver Specialists, Inc. in the Amount of $40,544.00 to Provide and Install a High Density Property Storage System at the Lane County Jail.
E. Public Works
1) ORDER 97-6-4-7/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract to Kip Construction Company for Grading, Structure, and Paving - Indian Creek Road Bridge No. 16-10W-14, Contract No. 96/97-18.
2) ORDER 97-6-4-8/In the Matter of Vacating a Portion Of Eighth Street in Empey Villa as Platted and Recorded in Book 14, Page 25, Lane County, Oregon Plat Records, Without a Public Hearing, and Adopting Findings of Fact (15-04-31).
3) ORDER 97-6-4-9/In the Matter of Vacating a Portion of "B" Street in the Plat of Goshen as Platted and Recorded in Volume W, Page 512, Lane County, Oregon Plat Records, Without a Public Hearing, and Adopting Findings of Fact (18-03-23)
9. CONSENT CALENDAR (Continued)
F. Health and Human Services
1) ORDER 97-5-28-18/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 60 of Lane Manual to Add Parole and Probation Fees in Health and Human Services (LM 60.840(8)) Effective July 1, 1997. (NBA & PM 5/28/97)
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 4, 1997 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
10. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
a. ORDER 97-6-4-10/In the Matter of The Request of Lane County for an Exemption per ORS 279.015 to Extend Current Medicaid Contracts for Direction Services and SCAR Through 9/30/97. (Rob Rockstroh) (5 min.)
b. ORDER 97-6-4-11/In the Matter of Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Sign Contract Amendments in the Department of Health & Human Services with SCAR and Direction Services. (Rob Rockstroh) (5 min.)
11. HUMAN RESOURCES AND MANAGEMENT SERVICES
a. DISCUSSION/Status of the Florence Annex Property and Providing Direction to Staff Concerning Said Status. (Jeff Turk and Rick Schulz) (40 min.)
12. INFORMATION SYSTEMS
a. ORDER 97-6-4-12/In the Matter of Accepting the Proposal to Provide Financial and Human Resource Systems to be Installed at Lane County. (Gary Ingram and Guests) (TIME CERTAIN 11:00 a.m.)
13. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
14. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
1:30 p.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
15. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
#16. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance PA 1099/In the Matter of Amending the Rural Comprehensive Plan to Redesignate Land from "Forest" to "Nonresource" and Rezoning that Land from "F-2/Impacted Forest Land" to "RR-10/Rural Residential 10", and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses (file PA 3889-96; Starr). (NBA & PM 5/14/97) (Michael Copely)
17. OTHER BUSINESS
a. ORDER 97-5-28-2/In the Matter of Official Recognition of the Siuslaw Watershed Council. (NBA & PM 5/14/97 and 5/28/97) (Stephanie Schulz)
18. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660 (TIME CERTAIN 3:30 P.M.)
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting June 11, 1997.