Public Service Building 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
PM- Previous Material
The meeting location is
wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing
impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, and large
print copies of agenda), please make your request at least 48 hours
prior to the meeting.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 7, 1997 - BOARD OF HEALTH
9:00 a.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
1. Approval of Minutes
2. Semi-Annual Board of Health Report/Health and Human Services Update. (Rob Rockstroh) (20 min.)
WEDNESDAY, MAY 7, 1997 - REGULAR MEETING
(Following BdofHlth Mtg.) (Harris Hall Main Floor)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
#2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers
will be limited to 3 minutes and may
not yield their time to other speakers.)
3. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
4. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. DISCUSSION/Lane County Juvenile Justice Plan. (Commissioner Green and Susan Soward) (20 min.)
b. ORDER 97-5-7-1/In the Matter of Approving an Intergovernmental Agreement with the Oregon Department of Corrections for $14,773,208 for the 1997-99 Biennium, and Approving a Community Corrections Plan in the Amount of $6,937,730 for FY 1997-98. (David Factor) (30 min.)
c. DISCUSSION/Monthly Meeting with Labor Leaders. (Commissioner Weeldreyer) (10:30 A.M. Time Certain) (30 min.)
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
6. COMMITTEE REPORTS
a. Legislative Committee Update. (Commissioner Green and Roy Burns) ( 5 min.)
7. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
8. PUBLIC WORKS
a. REPORT BACK/Leachate Treatment System Alternatives, Short Mountain Landfill. (Ken Kohl and EMCON) (60 min.)
b. THIRTEENTH READING AND DELIBERATION/Ordinance PA 1083/In the Matter of Amending the Eugene-Springfield Metro Area General Plan to Modify Policy 2, Section III.G., to Provide for the Extension of Sanitary Sewer Service from the Eugene-Springfield Metropolitan Area to the Lane County Short Mountain Landfill Site and Govern Similar Extensions to Other Sites, and Adopting an Exception to LCDC Goal 11; and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses. (NBA & PM 4/17/96, 5/8/96, 6/5/96, 6/19/96, 7/2/96, 7/24/96, 8/14/96, 10/2/96, 11/6/96, 12/11/96, 2/5/97 & 3/5/97) (Ken Kohl and Michael Copely) ( 2 min.)
c. THIRTEENTH READING AND DELIBERATION/Ordinance PA 1084/In the Matter of Amending the Rural Comprehensive Plan to Add a Policy Governing the Extension of Sanitary Sewer Service from the Eugene-Springfield Metropolitan Area to the Lane County Short Mountain Landfill Site, and Adopting an Exception to LCDC Goal 11; and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses. (NBA & PM 4/17/96, 5/8/96, 6/5/96, 6/19/96, 7/2/96, 7/24/96, 8/14/96, 10/2/96, 11/6/96, 12/11/96, 2/5/97 & 3/5/97) (Ken Kohl and Michael Copely) ( 2 min.)
9. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ( 2 min.)
A. Approval of Minutes:January 29, 1997, Regular Meeting, following HACSA
January 29, 1997, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
February 5, 1997, Regular Meeting, following HACSA
February 5, 1997, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
February 18, 1997, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
February 19, 1997, Regular Meeting, following HACSA
April 15, 1997, BCC Public Hearing, 6:30 p.m.
9. CONSENT CALENDAR (Continued)
B. Assessment and Taxation
1) ORDER 97-5-7-2/In the Matter of Refunds to Parkside Properties LTD & Patricia N. Martinson, Designated Broker; Fourteen Pines Oregon, LTD & W. Scott Phinney, Attorney; and Kendall Ford and Kendall Honda, Ed Papé and G&I Investment & David E. Carmichael, Attorney.
C. Children and Family Services
1) RESOLUTION AND ORDER 97-5-7-3/In the Matter of Accepting a $22,500 Grant From the Oregon Commission on Children and Families, Appropriating Funds in Children and Families (24-12), and Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Execute Grant Document and an Intergovernmental Agreement with City of Cottage Grove Police Department for the Cottage Grove Peer Court.
D. Human Resources and Management Services
1) ORDER 97-5-7-4/In the Matter of Accepting the Proposal to Provide Cash Management Services to Lane County for Fiscal Years Ending June 30, 1998, 1999 and 2000 with an Option to Renew for 2001, 2002 and 2003.
2) ORDER 97-5-7-5/In the Matter of Authorizing the County Administrator to Execute a Lease Addendum with TSO Enterprises for County Owned Leased Space at 540 Oak Street.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
WEDNESDAY, MAY 7, 1997 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
10. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
a. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING /Ordinance No. 7-97/In the Matter of Amending All of Chapter 18 of Lane Code to Revise Provisions of the Lane County Ambulance Service Area Plan and to Assign Emergency Medical Service Providers and Adopting a Severability Clause. (Second Reading and Public Hearing: May 28, 1997, 1:30 p.m., Harris Hall Main Floor) (Rob Rockstroh, HHS; and Galen Howard, L-COG)
11. YOUTH SERVICES
a. ORDER 97-5-7-6/In the Matter of Establishing Within the Department of Youth Services 4.0 FTE Community Service Worker 1 Positions. (Steve Carmichael) (15 min.)
12. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
13. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
1:30 p.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
14. PUBLIC HEARING AND ORDER 97-5-7-7/In the Matter of Adopting the Public Works Five-Year Capital Improvement Program FY 1997/98-FY 2001/02. (Ollie Snowden)
WEDNESDAY, MAY 7, 1997 - JOINT PUBLIC HEARING
2:30 p.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
JOINT PUBLIC HEARING/Board of County Commissioners and Regional Strategies Board.
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Wednesday, May 14, 1997.