Public Service Building 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
PM- Previous Material
The meeting location is
wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing
impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, and large
print copies of agenda), please make your request at least 48 hours
prior to the meeting.
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 1997 - CATCH BASIN DEBRIS RECYCLING FACILITY DEDICATION
9:30 a.m. (Glenwood Central Receiving Station, 3100 E. 17th, Eugene)
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 1997 - JOINT BCC/LOWELL CITY COUNCIL MEETING
7:00 p.m. (Lowell City Hall, 107 E. 3rd, Lowell)
III. STATUS REPORT/Lowell Covered Bridge. (Ollie Snowden)
IV. STATUS REPORT/Water System Project. (Peter Thurston)
V. DISCUSSION/Rural Tourism Marketing Plan. (Commissioner Weeldreyer)
VI. ORDER 97-11-4-1/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property to the City of Lowell (Map # 19-01-14-22-08000, Adjacent to 402 “D” Street, Lowell). (Commissioner Weeldreyer)
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 1997 - LANE COUNTY BOARD OF HEALTH MEETING
9:00 a.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
REPORT/Semi-Annual Board of Health Report. (Rob Rockstroh) (30 min.)
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 1997 - REGULAR MEETING
(Following Board of Health) (Harris Hall Main Floor)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
#2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers
will be limited to 3 minutes and may
not yield their time to other speakers.)
3. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS (10:40 a.m.)
4. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. STATUS REPORT/Metropolitan Residential Land and Housing Study. (Commissioner Green; and John VanLandingham, CAC) (10:00 A.M. TIME CERTAIN) (30 min.)
b. ORAL REPORT BACK/West Lane Planning Commission (WLPC) Review of Pacific Coast Scenic By-Way Plan. (Kent Howe) (10 min.)
c. UPDATE/Facilities Capital Improvement Projects. (David Suchart) (10 min.)
d. ORDER 97-10-29-26/In the Matter of Appointing a Future Focus Task Force. (NBA & PM 10/29/97) (Commissioner Green) (10 min.)
e. DISCUSSION/Use of Harris Hall for Electronic Town Hall Meetings. (NBA & PM 10/29/97) (Commissioner Sorenson) (10 min.)
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
6. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
b. ORDER 97-11-5-1/In the Matter of Authorizing Comment on 1998 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Proposed Program Guidelines and Approving a Schedule for 1997/98 Lane County CDBG Activities. (Peter Thurston) (15 min.)
7. PUBLIC WORKS
a. ORDER 97-11-5-2/In the Matter of Approving an Intergovernmental Agreement with the Oregon State Parks and Recreation Department Regarding the Implementation of the Public Park Management Consolidation Plan and Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Sign the Agreement. (Bob Keefer) (10 min.)
b. ORDER 97-11-5-3/In the Matter of Approving a Contract with TRANSPAC Marina's for $289,988 to Fabricate, Assemble, and Deliver Marina Floats to Orchard Point Park and Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Sign the Contract. (Bob Keefer) (10 min.)
a. ORDER 97-10-29-22/In the Matter of Presenting a Semi-Annual Report to the Board of Commissioners of Lane County. (NBA & PM 10/29/97) (Chuck Forster) (11:30 A.M. TIME CERTAIN) (15 min.)
9. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * *
A. Approval of Minutes:June 11, 1997, Regular Meeting, following HACSA
June 11, 1997, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
September 23, 1997, Work Session, 9:00 a.m.
October 13, 1997, Joint Meeting/BCC and Dunes City City Council, 4:00 p.m.
B. Health and Human Services
1) RESOLUTION AND ORDER 97-11-5-4/In the Matter of Appropriating an Additional $350,918 in Revenues and Expenditures in Fund 86 for a Cost-of-Living Adjustment for Services to Individuals with Mental/Emotional Disturbances and Alcohol/Drug Problems, and Increasing Revenue for Alcohol/Drug Prevention (PAAF 13, 14, 15).
C. Public Works
1) ORDER 97-11-5-5/In the Matter of Approving Amendment Number 2 to Work Order Number LCSM-022 With EMCON for Work Associated With the Installation of 4 Monitoring Wells, Performing Landfill Gas Well Monitoring And Conducting a Preliminary Risk Assessment for the Short Mountain Landfill for an Amount Not to Exceed $58,922 and Authorizing the County Administrator to Execute the Amendment.
2) ORDER 97-11-5-6/In the Matter of Releasing, Dedicating and Accepting Parcel "A" & Parcel "B", 1st Add. to Hazelwood Subdivision, Volume 39, Page 12 Parcels of County Owned Real Estate, as County Roads (18-02-06) (Pinyon Street and Osage Street, Respectively).
3) ORDER 97-11-5-7/In the Matter of Releasing, Dedicating and Accepting Parcel "B" of Redwood Estates, Volume 31, Page 21 Parcel of County Owned Real Estate, as a County Road (18-02-06) (North Street).
4) RESOLUTION AND ORDER 97-11-5-8/In the Matter of Authorizing Relinquishment of County-Owned Road Fund Property Located North of North Walnut Road to City of Springfield Under ORS 271.330.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 1997 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
10. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
11. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
1:30 p.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
12. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
#13. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. PUBLIC HEARING AND ORDER 97-11-5-9/In the Matter of Certification of Final Assessments for Improvements to North 19th Street and Yolanda Avenue from Springfield City Limits to North 23rd Street and Setting Lien Values Against Adjacent Properties. (NBA & PM 10/15/97) (Don Maddox)
b. PUBLIC HEARING/Determining the Boundaries for the Proposed Annexation of the City of Cottage Grove to the Emerald People’s Utility District, Pursuant to Electors’ Petition. (NBA & PM 9/3/97) (Teresa Wilson)
14. OTHER BUSINESS
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: Lane County offices will be closed Tuesday, November 11, 1997 - Veterans Day
No Board of Commissioners Meeting for week of November 17, 1997
Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting November 12, 1997