BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
PM- Previous Material
The meeting location is
wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language
translation, chemical sensitivity needs, and large print copies of agenda), please make
your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 1999 - BCC STRATEGIC PLANNING SESSION
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 1999 - WORK SESSION
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
#2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers
will be limited to 3 minutes and may
not yield their time to other speakers.)
3. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
4. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. UPDATE/Y2K. (Jacqlyn Mikalonis) (10 min.)
b. DISCUSSION/Internal Auditor's Summary of Work Performed During the Six-Month Period from May 3, 1999 Through October 31, 1999. (Dean Stephens) (30 min.)
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
6. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
7. PUBLIC WORKS
a. ORDER 99-11-23-1/In the Matter of Approving Recommendations of the Roads Advisory Committee for Evaluating and Ranking Applications for Community Development Road Improvement Assistance. (John Goodson) (20 min.)
b. FIFTH READING AND DELIBERATION/Ordinance PA 1133/In the Matter of Amending the West Eugene Wetlands Plan by Adopting New and Revised Plan Policies Related to the Criteria for Wetland Designations, and Adopting a Severability Clause. (NBA & PM 7/7/99, 8/4/99, 10/6/99 & 11/3/99) (Michael Copely) (30 min.)
c. ORDER 99-11-23-2/In the Matter of Reappointing Two Members to the Resource Recovery Advisory Committee. (Ken Sandusky) (10 min.)
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * (2 min.)
A. Approval of Minutes:
B. Health and Human Services
1) ORDER 99-11-23-3/In the Matter of Authorizing the County Administrator to Sign for Acceptance of the Supplemental I to the "Drug-Free Lane County" Grant in the Amount of $99,551.
2) ORDER 99-11-23-4/In the Matter of Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Sign a Contract Amendment for Provider Panel Services with PeaceHealth Counseling Services with Funds to be Paid Through Lane County's Managed Care Agreement with PeaceHealth Oregon Region.
C. Management Services
1) ORDER 99-11-23-5/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property to Kenneth R. Williams, Former Owner of Record (Map #18-02-21-00-00704, Adjacent to 85346 Edenvale Road, Pleasant Hill).
D. Public Works
1) ORDER 99-11-23-6/In the Matter of Releasing, Dedicating, and Accepting Parcel "A", in the First Addition to Sylvan Oaks, Book 53, Page 3, a Parcel of County Owned Real Estate, as a County Road (Fawver Drive) (County Rd. No. 1876) (17-02-20).
2) ORDER 99-11-23-7/In the Matter of Delegating Temporary Authority to the County Administrator or his Designee to Acquire and Record Interest or Title in Property for the County.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * *
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 1999 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
9. CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
a. ORDER 99-11-23-8/In the Matter of Accepting an Intergovernmental State Grant and Grant Amendment in the Amount of $3,979,136 and an Intergovernmental Federal Subgrant and Subgrant Amendment in the Amount of $1,288,671 from the Oregon Commission on Children and Families for the 1999-01 Biennium; Increasing Revenue and Expenditure Appropriations by $146,907 for FY 99-00 in the Department of Children and Families in Fund 124; and Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Execute Grant Documents. (Kathleen Hynes) (20 min.)
10. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
a. ORDER 99-11-23-9/In the Matter of Converting a Temporary/Seasonal Position into a Permanent 0.6 FTE Office Assistant 2 Position in the Family Mediation Program of the Department of Health and Human Services. (Rob Rockstroh) (5 min.)
11. MANAGEMENT SERVICES
a. DISCUSSION/Providing Information to the Board in Connection with the Jobs Plus Program. (Charlie VanDeusen) (10 min.)
b. ORDER 99-11-23-10/In the Matter of Appointing New Members to the Human Rights Advisory Committee. (Laura Yergan) (10 min.)
12. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
1:30 p.m. (Commissioners' Conference Room)
13. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
14. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. PUBLIC HEARING AND ORDER 99-11-23-11/In the Matter of Approving an Easement Agreement with U.S. West Communications, Inc. for Installation of 583 of Fiber Optic Line through Armitage Park, and Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Sign the Agreement. (Bob Keefer)
15. OTHER BUSINESS
*NOTE: Estimated Times
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 1999
No Board of Commissioners' Meeting.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 25, 1999 - THANKSGIVING DAY
Lane County Offices Will Be Closed.
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Tuesday, November 30 and/or Wednesday, December 1, 1999.