BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
PM- Previous Material
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
TUESDAY, MAY 11, 1999 - BUDGET COMMITTEE MEETING
5:15 p.m. (Commissioners' Conference Room)
5:15 I. Call to Order
5:15-5:25 II. Approval of Lane County Budget Committee Minutes
5:30-6:00 III. Public Comment
6:00 IV. Continued Discussion/FY 1999-2000 Budget
WEDNESDAY, MAY 12, 1999 - REGULAR MEETING
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
#2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes and may not yield their time to other speakers.)
3. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
5. COMMITTEE REPORTS
a. Legislative Standing Committee Recommendations. (Commissioner Dwyer and Roy Burns) (15 min.)
b. UPDATE/Y2K Status. (Rick Schulz) (30 min.)
6. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
7. PUBLIC WORKS
a. ORDER 99-5-12-1/In the Matter of Authorizing the Parks Division to Apply for Three (3) Oregon State Marine Board Boating Facility Grants for FY 00 and Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Sign the Grant Applications. (Bob Keefer) (5 min.)
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * (2 min.)
A. Approval of Minutes: March 31, 1999, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
B. District Attorney's Office
1) ORDER 99-5-12-2/In the Matter of Applying for a $70,204 Grant From the Oregon Department of Justice to Continue Three 0.5 FTE Victim Advocate Positions in the Victim Services Program.
C. Health and Human Services
1) RESOLUTION AND ORDER 99-5-12-3/In the Matter of Approving Submission of a Grant Application to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration (SAMHSA) for $150,000 per Year for Two Years.
D. Public Works
1) ORDER 99-5-12-4/In the Matter of Approving a List of Public Improvement Projects for the Lane County FY 99/00 Budget.
2) ORDER 99-5-12-5/In the Matter of Improvements to Coburg Road (County Road Number 1043) Between MP 4.02 and MP 4.84 Including Assessments and Notice of Pending Lien Against Adjacent Properties.
3) ORDER 99-5-12-6/In the Matter of Improvements to South River Road (County Road 295) Between MP 0.00 and MP 0.29 Including Assessments and Notice of Pending Lien Against Adjacent Properties.
4) RESOLUTION, NOTICE OF HEARING AND ORDER 99-5-12-7/In the Matter of Setting A Public Hearing Date for the Proposed Vacation of a Portion Of County Road Number 108, Pine Grove Road, From Silver Crest Drive, Thence Northerly 1,050 Feet, More or Less, Located Primarily in the Northwest Quarter of Section 25, Township 18 South, Range 5 West, of the Willamette Meridian (18-05-25) (Public Hearing: June 23, 1999; 1:30 p.m. Harris Hall Main Floor).
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
WEDNESDAY, MAY 12, 1999 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
9. CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES
a. ORDER 99-5-12-8/In the Matter of Appointing Four (4) New Members and Reappointing Four (4) Current Members to the Commission on Children and Families. (Patricia Rogers) (10:30 A.M. TIME CERTAIN) (10 min.)
10. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
WEDNESDAY, MAY 12, 1999 - JOINT LUNCH MEETING
Board of Commissioners' Lunch Meeting with Denis Williamson, BLM District Manager, Eugene District; Julia Dougan, BLM Associate District Manager; and Darrel Kenops, Forest Supervisor, Willamette National Forest.
I. Forest Fund Stabilization.
II. Service First/Coordination between BLM & Forest Service.
III. Trend in Harvest Levels.
IV. Willamette PIEC (Provincial Interagency Executive Committee), PAC (Province Advisory Committee), and American Heritage River -- Updates.
V. Role of Counties in Federal Forest Management.
VI. General Annual Report Topics (as interested).
SUNDAY, MAY 16 - SATURDAY, MAY 22, 1999 - WESTERN INTERSTATE REGION (WIR) CONFERENCE(Contra Costa County, California)
WEDNESDAY, MAY 19, 1999
NO BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' MEETING.
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE:Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Tuesday, May 25, and/or Wednesday, May 26, 1999.