BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
PM- Previous Material
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
MONDAY, JULY 5, 1999 - (4th of JULY) INDEPENDENCE DAY
LANE COUNTY OFFICES WILL BE CLOSED
WEDNESDAY, JULY 7, 1999 - REGULAR MEETING
9:00 a.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
#2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers
will be limited to 3 minutes and may
not yield their time to other speakers.)
3. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
4. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. UPDATE/Facilities Capital Improvement Projects (No Material). (David Suchart) (15 min.)
b. DISCUSSION/Public Safety Coordinating Council Recommendation for Revenue. (Commissioner Green and Bill VanVactor) (30 min.)
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
6. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
7. PUBLIC WORKS
a. WORK SESSION, FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/ Ordinance PA 1133/In the Matter of Amending the West Eugene Wetlands Plan by Adopting New and Revised Plan Policies Related to the Criteria for Wetland Designations, and Adopting a Severability Clause (Second Reading & Public Hearing, August 4, 1999, 6:00 p.m., Location TBA) (Michael Copely) [Note: City of Eugene Staff attending] (TIME CERTAIN 10:00 A.M.) (60 min.)
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.) (2 min.)
A. Approval of Minutes:
May 4, 1999, Work Session, 9:00 a.m.
June 22, 1999, Work Session, 9:00 a.m.
B. Management Services
1) ORDER 99-7-7-1/In the Matter of RFP LCP 98/99-09 for the Temporary Help Administration.
C. Public Works
1) ORDER 99-7-7-2/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract to Johnson Rock Products in the Amount of $556,904.35 for Grading, Basing and Paving - Canary Road (M.P. 0.67 to M.P. 1.37), Contract No. 98/99-13; Amending the FY 99-03 Capital Improvement Program (CIP); and, Amending the FY 99/00 List of Public Improvements.
2) ORDER 99-7-7-3/In the Matter of Releasing, Dedicating, and Accepting Parcel "A" First Addition to Montmoor, Book 51, Page 1, a Parcel of County Owned Real Estate, as a Public Road (17-04-11) (Lobelia Avenue).
3) ORDER 99-7-7-4/In the Matter of Amending the Solid Waste Fund Public Improvement Project List for FY 99/00 and Authorizing a Transfer of $650,000 from Solid Waste Fund Operational Contingency and Increase Appropriations in Solid Waste Capital Projects by $650,000.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
WEDNESDAY, JULY 7, 1999 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
9. MANAGEMENT SERVICES
a. PRESENTATION/Lane County Diversity Poster. (Laura Yergan)
10. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
*NOTE: Estimated Times
WEDNESDAY, JULY 7, 1999 - BCC MEETING WITH CONGRESSMAN PETER DEFAZIO
2:00 p.m. (Commissioners' Conference Room)
1. Youth Violence.
2. Transportation Issues.
3. Emergency Money for London Slide.
4. SCAAP Funds.
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Wednesday, July 14, 1999 at 1:30 p.m. only.