BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
PM- Previous Material
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
AUGUST 24, 1999 - HOUSING AUTHORITY AND COMMUNITY SERVICES AGENCY
9:00 a.m. (Commissioners' Conference Room)
1. PUBLIC COMMENTS
2. CONSENT CALENDAR
a. Approval of Minutes: June 30, 1999, 9:00 a.m.
b. ORDER 99-8-24-1H/In the Matter of Accepting Bids and Awarding Contracts for the Weatherization of Homes, Phases 99W-0060, and 99W-0062.
c. ORDER 99-8-24-2H/In the Matter of Accepting a Bid and Awarding a Contract for Purchase of Insulated Replacement Windows, Weatherization of Homes Project, 99-M-0059.
3. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 24, 1999- REGULAR MEETING
(Following HACSA) (Commissionersí Conference Room)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
# 2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes. If the number wishing to testify exceeds 7 speakers, each speaker's time may be reduced to fit within 20 minutes.)
3. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
4. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. ORDER 99-8-24-1/In the Matter of Appointing One Member to the Metropolitan Wastewater Management Commission.
b. ORDER 99-8-24-2/In the Matter of Supporting the Grant Request for $87,000 From the Oregon Watershed Enhancement Board (OWEB) to Hire a Coordinator for the Middle Fork Willamette Watershed Council.
c. ORDER 99-8-24-3/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract for Strategic Planning Consulting to Public Knowledge, Inc. for a Not-To-Exceed Amount of $75,000 and Authorize the County Administrator to Execute the Contract.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
6. COMMITTEE REPORTS
Legislative Standing Committee
a. 1999 Legislature Wrap-Up.
7. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
c. ORDER 99-8-24-4/In the Matter of Adopting the FY 99/00 Rural Tourism Marketing Plan and Authorizing the County Administrator to Sign Contracts Implementing the Plan.
8. PUBLIC WORKS
a. ORDER 99-8-24-5/In the Matter of Appointing a Five-Member Citizen Committee to Evaluate and Recommend Awards for the Lane County Tourism Special Project Grants.
b. ORDER 99-8-24-6/In the Matter of Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Sign a Letter of Agreement with the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife for the Restoration of Richardson Creek, a Section 1135 Project Co-Sponsored by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
c. FIFTH READING AND ACTION/Ordinance PA 1128/In the Matter of Amending the Eugene-Springfield Metro Area General Plan to Adopt a New "Residential Land Use and Housing Element" and Related Changes to the Plan Text and Glossary; and Adopting a Severability Clause.
9. CONSENT CALENDAR
A. Approval of Minutes:
May 26, 1999, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
June 2, 1999, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
June 16, 1999, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
June 29, 1999, Work Session, 9:00 a.m.
June 30, 1999, Regular Meeting, following HACSA
June 30, 1999, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
B. Health and Human Services
1) ORDER 99-8-24-7/In the Matter of Approving the Submittal of a Grant to the Northwest Health Foundation in the Amount of $60,000 for the Safe and Sound Project and Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Sign the Grant Application.
2) ORDER 99-8-24-8/In the Matter of Appointing the County Administrator or his Authorized Designee as County Grant Administrator for the FY 99/01 Mental Health and Developmental Disability Services Division (MHDDSD) Financial Assistance Grant.
C. Management Services
1) ORDER 99-8-24-9/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property to Donna J. Carbone (Adjacent to 120 Bushnell Lane, Eugene, Map #17-04-14-23-05400).
2) ORDER 99-8-24-10/In the Matter of Authorizing a Sheriff's Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property and Delegating Authority to the Property Management Officer to Remove Any Particular Property From Said Sale if Determined to be in the County's Best Interest.
D. Public Works
1) ORDER 99-8-24-11/In the Matter of Amending an Intergovernmental Agreement With the State of Oregon, Department of Transportation (ODOT) For Providing Fuel, Maintenance, and Repair of ODOT Vehicles and Equipment.
2) ORDER 99-8-24-12/In the Matter of 1) Amending the FY 97/98 Through FY 99/00 Bridges Agreement with OBEC Consulting Engineers for Engineering Services for Various Bridge Projects in the Not-to-Exceed Amount of $96,100; and 2) Amending the FY 94/95 Through FY 96/97 Bridges Agreement with OBEC Consulting Engineers for Construction Engineering Services for the West 18th Box Culvert Project in the Not-to-Exceed Amount of $5,700.
3) RESOLUTION, NOTICE OF HEARING, AND ORDER 99-8-24-13/In the Matter of Setting a Public Hearing for the Proposed Vacation of a Portion of County Road Number 109 and County Road Number 717 (Transformer Road) Being Located in Section 6, Township 18 South, Range 7 West of the Willamette Meridian (18-07-06) (Public Hearing: October 13, 1999; 1:30 p.m. Harris Hall Main Floor).
10. MANAGEMENT SERVICES
a. ORDER 99-8-24-14/In the Matter of Establishing the Classification and Salary Range for the Youth Advocacy Coordinator Classification.
11. PUBLIC SAFETY
a. INFORMATION AND DISCUSSION/Detailing Several Short-Term and Long-Term Capital Improvement Projects, in Addition to Major Facility Maintenance Projects Required at the Lane County Sheriff's Office Correctional Facilities.
b. ORDER 99-8-24-15/In the Matter of Authorizing $160,000 in the Purchase of Bulletproof Vests for Sheriff Deputies and Accepting an $80,000 Bureau of Justice Assistance Bulletproof Vest Partnership Grant.
c. ORDER 99-8-24-16/In the Matter of Accepting a Bureau of Justice Assistance Grant for $404,818 and Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Execute Grant Documents.
d. ORDER 99-8-24-17/In the Matter of Contracting With Balzhiser & Hubbard Engineers to Complete Specifications and Drawings for the Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Controls for the Lane County Adult Corrections Facility, Expenditure of Approximately $21,000 in SCAAP Funds and Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Execute the Contract Documents.
12. EMERGENCY BUSINESS