BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
PM- Previous Material
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 1999 - JOINT BCC/COBURG CITY COUNCIL MEETING
6:30 p.m. (IOOF Hall, 91119 N. Willamette St., Coburg)
1. WELCOME. (Commissioner Green)
2. INTRODUCTION. (Commissioner Green)
3. DISCUSSION/Safer Communities Measure. (Commissioner Bobby Green; Ken Tollenaar; Sheriff Jan Clements; and Myra Wall)
4. PUBLIC HEARING/Coburg Transportation System Plan (TSP) and Coburg/I-5 Interchange Refinement Plan. (Harvey Hoglund; Nick Arnis, ODOT; and Megan Banks, L-COG)
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 1999 - REGULAR MEETING
9:00 a.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
#2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes and may
not yield their time to other speakers.)
3. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
4. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. UPDATE/Facilities Capital Improvement Projects. (David Suchart) (No Material) (15 min.)
b. ORAL REPORT BACK/McFarland Cemetery - Headstone Issue. (NBA & PM 2/24/99) (Jeff Turk) (10 min.)
c. ORDER 99-9-8-1/In the Matter of Appointing One Member and Re-Appointing Ten Members to the Public Safety Coordinating Council. (Myra Wall) (5 min.)
d. DRAFT RESOLUTION 99-9-8-13/In the Matter of Gas Tax Referral. (Commissioner Bill Dwyer) (10 min.)
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
6. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
7. PUBLIC WORKS
a. ORAL REPORT/Mt. Pisgah Fire. (Bob Keefer) (15 min.)
b. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING / Ordinance PA 1136/In the Matter of Repealing the 1986 Alton Baker Park Master Plan, a Refinement Plan to the Lane County Parks Master Plan and the Eugene-Springfield Metropolitan Area General Plan (Second Reading & Public Hearing: September 29, 1999, 6:00 p.m., Lane County Fairgrounds, Meeting Rm. #1). (Jan Childs, City of Eugene, and Michael Copely, Land Management) (2 min.)
c. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING / Ordinance PA 1132/In the Matter of Amending the Eugene-Springfield Metropolitan Area General Plan to Adopt a Revised "Transportation Element" and Related Changes to the Plan Text; Adopting Revisions to the Eugene-Springfield Transportation System Plan (TransPlan); and Adopting a Severability Clause (Second Reading & Public Hearing: September 29, 1999, 6:00 p.m., Lane County Fairgrounds, Meeting Rm. #1). (Tom Stinchfield and Tom Schwetz) (2 min.)
d. RESOLUTION AND ORDER 99-9-8-2/In the Matter of Approving a Project Design Concept and Acquiring Fee or Other Interests in Portions of Certain Real Properties For Realignment of Green Hill Road, MP 5.81 to 8.0, Based on the Findings In Attachment A; and Authorizing Staff to Prepare a Right-of-Way Plan Necessary to Construct the Road, Pursue All Necessary Planning Actions, Acquire Right-of-Way and Prepare Plans and Specifications for Improvement of Said Road. (Ollie Snowden) (15 min.)
e. RESOLUTION AND ORDER 99-9-8-3/In the Matter of Approving a Project Design Concept and Acquiring Fee or Other Interests in Portions of Certain Real Properties for Improvement of Coburg Road, MP 3.27 to 4.02, Based on the Findings in Attachment A; and Authorizing Staff to Prepare a Right-of-Way Plan Necessary to Construct the Road, Pursue all Necessary Planning Actions, Acquire Right-of-Way and Prepare Plans and Specifications for Improvement of Said Road. (Ollie Snowden) (10 min.)
f. ORDER 99-9-8-4/In the Matter of Initiating a Type I Amendment to the Eugene-Springfield Metropolitan Area General Plan for Tax Lot 905 of Map 16-04-34 (file PA 99-6113; Beacon Drive Properties, Inc.). (Michael Copely) (15 min.)
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
A. Approval of Minutes: July 7, 1999, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
July 7, 1999, Meeting with Peter DeFazio, 2:00 p.m.
B. County Administration
1) ORDER 99-9-8-5/In the Matter of Appropriating $823,796 in State Criminal Alien Assistance Program (SCAAP) Grant Funds to the Department of Public Safety and to General Expense Within the General Fund.
2) ORDER 99-9-8-6/In the Matter of Appointing and Reappointing Justices Pro Tempore for the Central Lane Justice Court for One (1) Year.
3) ORDER 99-9-8-7/In the Matter of Appointing and Reappointing Justices Pro Tempore for the Florence Justice Court for One (1) Year.
4) ORDER 99-9-8-8/In the Matter of Appointing and Reappointing Justices Pro Tempore for the Oakridge Justice Court for One (1) Year.
C. Health and Human Services
1) ORDER 99-9-8-9/In the Matter of Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Sign a Contract Amendment with SCAR/Jasper Mountain for Res-Med Services in the Amount of $709,747 for the Period 7/1/99 Through 6/30/00.
2) RESOLUTION AND ORDER 99-9-8-10/In the Matter of Appropriating an Additional $230,692 in Revenue and Expenditures in Fund 286 for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities; Granting Authority to the County Administrator to Sign Subcontract Amendments with the City of Eugene Library, Recreation and Cultural Services in the Amount of $114,198; and with Oregon Supported Living Program (OSLP) in the Amount of $58,347.
D. Public Works
1) ORDER 99-9-8-11/In the Matter of Approving Proposed Geographic Names for Portions of Hannavan Creek.
9. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
1:30 p.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
10. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
#11. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. PUBLIC HEARING AND FINAL ORDER 99-9-8-12/In the Matter of The Petition to Vacate A. L. Parkhurst Road, County Road 1029, From the McKenzie Highway to the McKenzie River, Being Located 900 Feet Downstream From Rosboro Bridge Which Crosses the McKenzie River, in the Northwest Quarter of Section 11, Township 17 South, Range 3 East of the Willamette Meridian (17-35-11). (NBA & PM 6/23/99) (Bob Ezell) (60 min.)
12. OTHER BUSINESS
*NOTE: Estimated Times
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 1999
No Board of Commissioners' Meeting.
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 1999 - LEADERSHIP TEAM MEETING
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon (Springfield School District 19, 525 Mill Street, Springfield)
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Tuesday, September 21 and/or Wednesday, September 22, 1999.