Education & Outreach
- Coordinates and cooperates with community groups and other agencies to increase community awareness of human rights issues
- Recommends, supports and assists in the development of programs and seminars on human rights, cultural diversity, equal opportunity and affirmative action.
- Recommends policy and action to improve access to County services and employment
Discrimination & Harassment
- Monitors incidents of harassment and discrimination in the county and recommend actions or policies to address them.
- Assists and serves as an advocate for individuals and groups who experience hate crimes and incidents of discrimination.
- Develops and publicizes a system to assist persons in seeking resolution of harassment and discrimination complaints.
Lane County Diversity Implementation
Monitor the implementation of the Lane County Diversity Implementation Plan
Recommend policy and action to improve acess to County services
Assist the County in employment recruitment and in soliciting protected class participation on all citizen boards, commissions, and task forces
Relations with Board of County Commissioners
Maintain ongoing communication with full Board
Provide regular update reports on human rights issues and activities|
Attend outlying community meetings in conjunction with Board of County Commissioners