Short Mountain Landfill is a Municipal Solid Waste Landfill located just south of Eugene along the I-5 corridor. It began operation in 1976 and serves the nearly 330,000 citizens in Lane County. After 52% of the waste generated in Lane County is recycled/recovered, the remaining 48% is taken to Short Mountain and landfilled.

Short Mountain Landfill