Contact Us
Hazardous Waste from Businesses 

Business Hazardous and Special Wastes
Waste Management Division
Lane County Department of Public Works

Lane County Waste Management Division offers several programs for businesses, agencies and other non-household waste generators. Conditionally Exempt Generators (CEGs) are eligible to participate in monthly hazardous waste collection events; preregistration is required and generators must pay disposal fees. CEG Application To see more convenient disposal options for compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) or fluorescent tubes 4 ft or less, Click here for locations listed on a  PDF brochure.

Special wastes like resins, putties, sludges, sand- and shot-blasting wastes, treated timbers, empty drums, catch basin wastes and ash may be acceptable for disposal at Short Mt. Landfill with an approved special waste permit.

Petroleum contaminated soil (PCS) is accepted at the landfill with an approved PCS permit.  Petroleum Contaminated Soil Application

For more information about special and hazardous waste disposal for businesses or to request a permit application, call (541) 682-4120.