BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
PM- Previous Material
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
(View Material) is
in PDF format. To view PDF (Adobe Acrobat) documents, you need the free
reader. If you don't have it, click here to download FREE!
Absolutely no obligation!:
or, if you want to read how to install first before you go to ADOBE, click here!
MONDAY, JANUARY 20, 2003 - MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY
Lane County Offices Will Be Closed.
TUESDAY, JANUARY 21, 2003 - LEADERSHIP TEAM MEETING
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon (Goodson Room, Public Works)
1. DISCUSSION/Lane County Budget Direction for FY 03-04. (Bill VanVactor and David Garnick).
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
December 3, 2003, Leadership Team Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
TUESDAY, JANUARY 21, 2003 - WORK SESSION
1:30 p.m. (Commissioners’ Conference Room)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
# 2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers
will be limited to 3 minutes and may
not yield their time to other speakers.)
3. COMMISSIONERS' REMONSTRANCE (2 min. limit)
a. RESOLUTION AND ORDER 03-1-21-1/In the Matter of Endorsing the Efforts of the McKenzie River Trust and the McKenzie Watershed Council to Secure Funding for the Acquisition and Restoration of the McKenzie Watershed Habitat. (Commissioner Lininger) (20 min.) (View Material)
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
6. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. ORDER 03-1-21-2/In the Matter of Adopting a Lane Manual Policy on Compliance with HIPAA Law; Designating County Health Care Components; Designating Privacy Officer and Contact Persons; and Authorizing County Administrator to Adopt HIPAA Procedures. (Trina Laidlaw) (30 min.)
7. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
8. PUBLIC WORKS
a. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING & PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance PA 1184/In the Matter of Naming an Unnamed Private Road, Iris Hill Lane (19-05-25 & 26) (Second Reading and Public Hearing: March 19, 2003, 1:30 p.m.). (Bob Ezell) (5 min.) (View Material)
9. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * (2 min.)
A. Approval of Minutes:
January 6, 2003, Work Session, 3:30 p.m.
May 7, 2002, Work Session, 9:00 a.m.
May 8, 2002, Work Session, 1:30 p.m.
May 28, 2002, Work Session, 9:00 a.m.
May 28, 2002, Work Session, 1:30 p.m.
B. Assessment and Taxation
1) ORDER 03-1-21-3/In the Matter of A Refund to Goodwill Industries of Lane County in the Amount of $13,433.35. (View Material)
2) ORDER 03-1-21-4/In the Matter of A Refund to University Commons-Eugene, OR, LTD, by Capstone Development Corporation in the Amount of $14,090.09. (View Material)
3) ORDER 03-1-21-5/In the Matter of A Refund to McKenzie Bend LLC and David E. Carmichael, Attorney for Petitioner in the Amount of $22,199.18. (View Material)
C. County Counsel
1) ORDER 03-1-21-6/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 65 of the Lane Manual to Update the Reference for Intergovernmental Agreements. (Teresa Wilson) (View Material)
D. Management Services
1) ORDER 03-1-21-7/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property to Mark Kimball Mathis for $6,000 (Map #21-35-16-24-00500, Oakridge). (View Material)
2) ORDER 03-1-21-8/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property to Ronald J. Smith for $1,500 (Map #17-12-35-10-00167, Adjacent to 5873 Mercer Creek Drive, Florence). (View Material)
3) ORDER 03-1-21-9/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property to Robert H. Hylton and Jo De Hylton for $5,000 (Map #18-12-02-20-03500, Adjacent to 88551 Hwy 101, Florence). (View Material)
E. Public Works
1) ORDER 03-1-21-10/In the Matter of Vacation of a Portion of Leaburg Dam Road (County Road Number 1101), Located Approximately 0.75 Miles East of its Intersection with the McKenzie Highway, Without a Public Hearing, and Adopting Findings of Fact (16-25-32-2). (View Material)
2) ORDER 03-1-21-11/In the Matter of Accepting a Deed of Land to be Used as a Public Road Easement for County Road No. 1101 (Leaburg Dam Road) (16-25-32-20) (Scharpf). (View Material)
3) ORDER 03-1-21-12/In the Matter of Accepting a Deed of Land to be Used as a Public Road Easement for County Road No. 1101 (Leaburg Dam Road) (16-25-32-20) (Haas). (View Material)
4) ORDER 03-1-21-13/In the Matter of Vacating Rust Road Stub (A Portion of County Road Number 996) Located North and West of State Highway Number 36 Near Triangle Lake in Section 17, Township 16 South, Range 7 West of the Willamette Meridian (16-07-17). (View Material)
5) ORDER 03-1-21-14/In the Matter of Vacating a Portion of Glenada-Sand Dunes Road, Commonly Known as South Jetty Road (County Road Number 1330) Located Approximately .66 Miles West of U.S. Highway Number 101 in the Southwest Quarter (SW ¼) of Section 34, Township 18 South, Range 12 West of the Willamette Meridian, in Lane County Oregon, Without a Public Hearing, and Adopting Findings of Fact (18-12-34). (View Material)
6) ORDER 03-1-21-15/In the Matter of Vacating the Public Alley in Block 24 of Heceta Beach, as Platted and Recorded in Book 7, Page 25, Lane County, Oregon Plat Records, Without a Public Hearing, and Adopting Findings of Fact (18-12-04-13 & 42). (View Material)
7) RESOLUTION, NOTICE OF HEARING AND ORDER 03-1-21-16/In the Matter of Initiating Proceedings to Withdraw County Road Status (But Not the Public Road Status) From Conley Road (County Road Number 56), Located Off of the McKenzie Highway (State Highway Number 126) in Section 32, Township 16 South, Range 3 East of the Willamette Meridian (16-35-32-3) (Public Hearing: March 19, 2003, 1:30 p.m.). (View Material)
8) ORDER 03-1-21-17/In the Matter of Constructing Improvements to Marcola Road, MP 10.49 - MP 11.75, Including Assessments and Notice of Pending Lien Against Adjacent Properties. (View Material)
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * *
TUESDAY, JANUARY 21, 2003 - WORK SESSION (Continued)
10. MANAGEMENT SERVICES
a. REPORT/Federal Election Reform Law. (Annette Newingham) (30 min.) (View Material)
b. ORDER 03-1-21-18/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property to John P. Hammer for $130,000 (Map #18-03-04-23-09900, 1985 Woodlawn, Eugene. (Jeff Turk) (15 min.) (View Material)
11. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
12. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
a. Letter of Support/Julie Daniel. (View Material)
b. Correspondence from Sidney Leiken, Mayor of Springfield. (View Material)
13. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
*NOTE: Estimated Times
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 22, 2003 - JOINT BCC/EUGENE CITY COUNCIL MEETING
5:00 p.m. - DINNER (Eugene Council Chambers)
6:00 p.m. - PUBLIC HEARING
1. SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance PA 1186/In the Matter of Amending the Eugene-Springfield Metropolitan Area General Plan Diagram for Property within the Crescent Avenue Nodal Development Area, with Concurrent Automatic Amendment to the Willakenzie Area Plan Land Use Diagram; and Adopting a Severability Clause (NBA & PM 1/6/03). (Jerry Jacobson and Jan Childs)
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Tuesday, January 28 and/or Wednesday, January 29, 2003.