BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
PM- Previous Material
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
(View Material) is
in PDF format. To view PDF (Adobe Acrobat) documents, you need the free
reader. If you don't have it, click here to download FREE!
Absolutely no obligation!:
or, if you want to read how to install first before you go to ADOBE, click here!
TUESDAY, MAY 20 - BUDGET COMMITTEE MEETING
5:15 p.m. (Commissioners' Conference Room)
1. Review Department Proposed Budgets
2. Review Financial Status
3. Budget Committee Discussion
WEDNESDAY, MAY 21, 2003 - HOUSING AND COMMUNITY SERVICES AGENCY
9:00 a.m. (Commissioners’ Conference Room)
# 1. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 min.: Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes. If the number wishing to testify exceeds 7 speakers, each speaker's time may be reduced to fit within 20 minutes.)
2. COMMISSIONERS' REMONSTRANCE (2 min. limit)
3. REGULAR BUSINESS
a. ORDER 03-5-21-1H/In the Matter of Entering into a Loan Agreement with the City of Eugene for Rehabilitation of Abbie Lane Apartments. (Don Williams) (10 min.) View Material
b. ORAL REPORT BACK/Blower Door Report. (NBA & PM 3/13/03) (Chris Todis) (10 min.)
4. CONSENT CALENDAR
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * *
a. Approval of Minutes: None.
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
WEDNESDAY, MAY 21, 2003 - REGULAR MEETING
(Following HACSA) (Commissioners’ Conference Room)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
# 2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes. If the number wishing to testify exceeds 7 speakers, each speaker's time may be reduced to fit within 20 minutes.)
3. COMMISSIONERS' REMONSTRANCE (2 min. limit)
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
5. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. Continued Discussion
RESOLUTION AND ORDER 03-5-14-9/In the Matter of Authorizing the City of Oakridge to Assess Outside City Limits for Street Improvements to Second Street. (NBA & PM 5/14/03) View Material
6. COMMITTEE REPORTS
7. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
8. PUBLIC WORKS
a. ORDER 03-5-21-1/In the Matter of Authorizing the Temporary Closure of Judkins Road in Association with the ODOT I-5 Willamette River Bridge Replacement Project. (Ollie Snowden) (10 min.) View Material
b. ORAL REPORT BACK/IVM Program – Last Resort Herbicide Policy (NBA & PM 2/26/03). (Ollie Snowden and Rob Rockstroh) (15 min.)
c. ORAL REPORT/Jasper Road Extension (Ollie Snowden) (15 min.)
9. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * (2 min.)
A. Approval of Minutes: None.
B. Health and Human Services
1) ORDER 03-5-21-2/In the Matter of Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Sign Contract Amendments with Catholic Community Services of Eugene and Catholic Community Services of Springfield to Provide Energy Assistance Eligibility Screening Services That Bring the Total Contract Amounts up to $65,000 and $60,000 Respectively. View Material
2) ORDER 03-5-21-3/In the Matter of Authorizing the County Administrator to Sign a Grant Application to the Federal Center for Substance Abuse Prevention (CSAP) for up to $350,000 per Year for a Three-year Period to Prevent Methamphetamine Use; and Authorizing the County Administrator to Sign Acceptance of the Grant and for Two Renewals in the Amount of $350,000 If Awarded. View Material
C. Public Works
1) ORDER 03-5-21-4/In the Matter of Vacating a Portion of Rouse Road, also Known as Black Butte Road (County Road Number 351) Without a Public Hearing and Adopting Findings of Fact (22-03-30-10). View Material
D. Lane Workforce Partnership
1) ORDER 03-5-21-5/In the Matter of Appointing a Member to the Lane Workforce Partnership Youth Council. View Material
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * *
WEDNESDAY, MAY 21, 2003 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
10. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
11. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
a. ORDER 03-5-21-9/In the Matter of Contributing to the Eugene/Springfield NAACP Afro-Academic Cultural Technological Scientific (ACTSO) Program $________ from the General Expense Contingency Fund to Assist in the ACTSO 2003 National Competition. View Material
12. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS (CONTINUED)
a. ORDER 03-5-21-6/In the Matter of Ratifying the FY 03-04 Regional Wastewater Program Budget as Approved by the Metropolitan Wastewater Management Commission (MWMC). (Dave Garnick) (11:45 A.M. TIME CERTAIN) (10 min.) View Material
WEDNESDAY, MAY 21, 2003 - METROPOLITAN SERVICE DISTRICT MEETING
(following Regular Meeting) (Commissioners’ Conference Room)
1. ORDER 03-5-21-7/In the Matter of Closing Out the Metropolitan Wastewater Service District Wastewater Bond Retirement Fund and Transferring the Remaining Fund Balance in the District's Wastewater Administration and Construction Fund. (David Garnick) (5 min.) View Material
2. PUBLIC HEARING AND ORDER 03-5-21-8/In the Matter of Adopting the FY2002-2003 Metropolitan Wastewater Service District Supplemental Budget #1, Making, Reducing and Transferring Appropriations. (David Garnick) (5 min.) View Material
3. Deliberations and Action. View Material
WEDNESDAY, MAY 21, 2003 - METROPOLITAN SERVICE DISTRICT BUDGET COMMITTEE MEETING
12:00 noon (Commissioners’ Conference Room)
1. Introduction of Service District Budget Committee Members.
2. Budget Committee Business.
a. Election of Chair and Vice-Chair
b. Approval of Minutes: February 5, 2003, MWSD, following HACSA
3. Presentation of 2003-2004 Budget. (Lane County Staff) (20 min.)
4. Public Hearing - 2003-2004 Budget.
5. Budget Committee Deliberation/Approval.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 21, 2003 - REGULAR MEETING (CONTINUED)
1:30 p.m. (Commissioners’ Conference Room)
13. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance No. 4-03/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 2 of Lane Code to Dedicate a Retiree Medical Benefit Trust Fund (LC 2.500). (NBA & PM 5/7/03) (Teresa Wilson)
14. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
15. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
Letter from LandWatch Lane County of 5/6/03 - Robert Emmons View Material
* Letter from Jeff Towery to Robert Emmons with Enclosures.
– Letter from James A. Mann, LLC, to Kent Howe, LMD.
– Letter from Stephen L. Vorhes, Assistant County Counsel, to Robert Emmons.
* Chronology of Robert Emmons' Correspondence.
16. OTHER BUSINESS
THURSDAY, MAY 22, 2003 - BUDGET COMMITTEE MEETING - (CANCELLED)
MONDAY, MAY 26, 2003 - MEMORIAL DAY
LANE COUNTY OFFICES WILL BE CLOSED.
TUESDAY, MAY 27 - WEDNESDAY, MAY 28, 2003
NO BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' MEETING
WEDNESDAY, MAY 28 - SATURDAY, MAY 31, 2003 - W.I.R. CONFERENCE
(Washoe County, Nevada)
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Tuesday, June 3 and/or Wednesday, June 4, 2003.