BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
PM- Previous Material
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
(View Material) is
in PDF format. To view PDF (Adobe Acrobat) documents, you need the free
reader. If you don't have it, click here to download FREE!
Absolutely no obligation!:
or, if you want to read how to install first before you go to ADOBE, click here!
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 7, 2004 - STATE OF THE COUNTY ADDRESS
9:00 a.m. (Harris Hall, Main Floor)
MUSIC: South Eugene High School Jazz Band
CALL TO ORDER. (Commissioner Sorenson)
INTRODUCTIONS. (Commissioner Sorenson)
STATE OF THE COUNTY ADDRESS. (Commissioner Sorenson)
RECOGNITION BY CHAIR (Commissioner Sorenson)
NOTE: Reception following, with music by South Eugene High School Jazz Band.
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 7, 2004 - BOARD OF COMMISSIONERSí REGULAR MEETING
2:00 p.m. (Commissionersí Conference Room)
1. ELECTION OF CHAIR (Commissioner Sorenson)
2. ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIR (New Chair)
3. RECOGNITION OF OUTGOING CHAIR (New Chair)
4. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
# 5. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes. If the number wishing to testify exceeds 7 speakers, each speaker's time may be reduced to fit within 20 minutes.)
6. COMMISSIONERS' REMONSTRANCE (2 min. limit)
7. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660 (Time Certain: 3:30 p.m.)
8. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. ORDER 04-1-7-1/In the Matter of Appointing Members to the Lane County Fair Board. (Commissioners' Green and Dwyer)
b. ORDER 04-1-7-2/In the Matter of Reappointing a Member to the Lane County Budget Committee. (Commissioner Hampton) (View Material)
9. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
b. ORDER 04-1-7-3/In the Matter of Approving the Bylaws for the Lane County Public Safety Coordinating Council. (View Material)
10. PUBLIC WORKS
a. ORDER 04-1-7-4/In the Matter of Appointing a Five Member Citizen Committee to Evaluate and Recommend Awards for the Lane County Tourism Special Projects Grants for the Year 2004. (Loralyn Osborne) (View Material)
11. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
A. Approval of Minutes:
December 3, 2003, Regular Meeting, Following HACSA
December 3, 2003, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
December 9, 2003, Work Session, 9:00 a.m.
December 17, 2003, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
B. County Counsel
1) ORDER 04-1-7-5 /In the Matter of Selecting Newspapers to Publish Ballots, Monthly Statement of Expenditures, Personal Property Tax Warrants, and Notices of Real Property Tax Foreclosures. (View Material)
2) ORDER 04-1-7-6 /In the Matter of Renewing the Employment Contract with County Counsel. (View Material)
C. Health and Human Services
1) ORDER 04-1-7-7/In the Matter of Approving an Amendment to the 2003-04 Community Corrections Plan and Appropriating an Additional $29,075 in Revenue and Expenses in Fiscal Year 2003-04. (View Material)
D. Public Works
1) ORDER 04-1-7-8/In the Matter of Awarding a Requirement Contract to Wildish Building Material Co., DBA Wildish Sand & Gravel Co., to Establish Unit Prices for Asphaltic Mix Patching Material Needs During the Period of 1/01/04 to 6/30/04, Prospective Contract No. 04-M&S-53. (View Material)
2) ORDER 04-1-7-9/In the Matter of Setting a Public Hearing for the Purpose of Hearing Objections to Final Assessments for River Road (County Road Number 200) Between Mile Post 7.747 and Mile Post 7.366 (Public Hearing: February 4, 2004, 1:30 p.m.). (View Material)
3) ORDER 04-1-7-10/In the Matter of Relinquishment of County-Owned Road Fund Property to the City of Eugene Under ORS 271.330 in Connection with the Improvement of Garden Way. (View Material)
E. Youth Services
1) ORDER 04-1-7-11/In the Matter of Ratifying the Intergovernmental Agreement with Oregon Youth Authority and Oregon Criminal Justice Commission for Juvenile Crime Prevention and Diversion Services in the Amount of $1,224,845 Increasing Appropriations and Expenditures in Youth Services in the Amount of $1,224,845. (View Material)
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 7, 2004 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
12. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
a. ORDER 04-1-7-12/In the Matter of Appointing Medical Staff of the Lane County Psychiatric Hospital and Granting Them Physician Privileges as Listed in Exhibit A. (View Material)
13. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
14. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
15. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
16. OTHER BUSINESS
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Tuesday, January 13 and/or Wednesday, January 14, 2004.