BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
PM- Previous Material
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
(View Material) is
in PDF format. To view PDF (Adobe Acrobat) documents, you need the free
reader. If you don't have it, click here to download FREE!
Absolutely no obligation!:
or, if you want to read how to install first before you go to ADOBE, click here!
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2004 - REGULAR MEETING
9:00 a.m. ††††(Commissionersí Conference Room)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
# 2. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. PUBLIC HEARING AND ORDER 04-12-1-1/In the Matter of Adopting the FY 2004-2005 Supplemental Budget #1 Making, Reducing and Transferring Appropriations. (Dave Garnick) (5 min.) (View Material)
# 3. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes:† Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes.† If the number wishing to testify exceeds 7 speakers, each speaker's time may be reduced to fit within 20 minutes.)
4. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
5. COMMISSIONERS' REMONSTRANCE (2 min. limit)
6. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. REPORT/Extension Service. (Charlotte Riersgard) (15 min.) (View Material)
b. DISCUSSION/Fair Board Appointment Process. (Commissioner Green) (10 min.)
7. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
8. PUBLIC WORKS
a. ORDER 04-12-1-2/In the Matter of Appointing New Members and Re-Appointing Two Members to the Lane County Planning Commission. (Commissioner Green) (10 min.) (View Material)
b. ORDER 04-12-1-13/In the Matter of Amending Lane Manual Chapter 60 to Revise Fees for Legal Lot Determinations (LM 60.851). (Kent Howe) (View Material)
9. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below.† There will be no separate discussion of these items.† If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * (2 min.)
A. Approval of Minutes:
March 31, 2004, Joint Fair Board Meeting, 12:00 p.m.
October 20, 2004, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
October 28, 2004, Work Session, 6:15 p.m.
October 28, 2004, Public Hearing, 7:00 p.m.
November 9, 2004, Joint BCC/Planning Commission, 5:30 p.m.
B. Management Services
1) ORDER 04-12-1-3/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property to Mary Eva Hughes, Former Owner of Record (Map #17-04-17-43-01200, 2145 Minnesota, Eugene) (View Material)
2) ORDER 04-12-1-4/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property to Freddie Randle Mentze (Map #17-02-17-00-01319, Adjacent to 89363 Hill Road, Springfield) (View Material)
3) ORDER 04-12-1-5/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property to Roseburg Resources Co. (Map #20-06-00-00-03500, Located Southeast of Alma in Unpopulated Forest Lands). (View Material)
C. Public Works
1) ORDER 04-12-1-6/In the Matter of Classifying Certain Park Roads Within the Leased Corps of Engineers Park at Perkins Peninsula as Public Roads Being Located in Sections 27, 28, 33, and 34, Township 17 South, Range 5 West of the Willamette Meridian. (View Material)
2) ORDER 04-12-1-7/In the Matter of Classifying Certain Park Roads Within Richardson Park, a Leased Corps of Engineers Park, as Public Roads Being Located in Section 5, Township 17 South, Range 5 West of the Willamette Meridian. (View Material)
3) ORDER 04-12-1-8/In the Matter of Accepting a Deed of Land to be Used as a Public Road Easement for Fir Grove Lane (17-06-24). (View Material)
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2004 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
10. COUNTY COUNSEL
a. DISCUSSION/Policy Direction Only Relating to Lane County's Public Contracting Rules. (Trina Laidlaw) (30 min.) (View Material)
b. ORDER 04-12-1-9/In the Matter of Acceptance of Certificate of Election, Proclamation of Results and Creation of the Lane Library District. (Teresa Wilson) (5 min.) (View Material)
11. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
a. ORDER 04-12-1-10/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 60 of Lane Manual to Revise Certain Health and Human Services Fees (LM 60.840 Effective December 1, 2004. (Steve Manela) (10 min.) (View Material)
12. MANAGEMENT SERVICES
a. ORDER 04-12-1-11/In the Matter of Ratifying the Tentative Agreement Between the County and American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), Local 2831, General and Nurses Units, for Wage and Benefit Changes for the Period of July 1, 2004-June 30, 2005. (Frank Forbes) (5 min.) (View Material)
13. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. DISCUSSION/Evaluation of County Counsel. (Commissioner Green)† (15 min.)
14. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
15. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
16. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
17. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
18. OTHER BUSINESS
1:30 p.m. ††(Commissionersí Conference Room)
# 19. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance 18-04/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 2 of Lane Code to Establish a Real Property Compensation Claim Application Process Resulting From Voter Approval of Ballot Measure 37 (November 2, 2004) and Declaring an Emergency (NBA 7 PM 11/10/04). (Stephen Vorhes)
b. ORDER 04-12-1-12/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 60 of the Lane Manual to Establish Fees Charged by the County Administrator for Real Property Compensation Claim Applications Resulting from Ballot Measure 37 (November 2, 2004) (LM 60.842). (Stephen Vorhes) (View Material)
20. OTHER BUSINESS