BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
(View Material) is
in PDF format. To view PDF (Adobe Acrobat) documents, you need the free
reader. If you don't have it, click here to download FREE!
Absolutely no obligation!:
or, if you want to read how to install first before you go to ADOBE, click here!
NOW AVAILABLE: Webcasts to view Board Meetings from your computer. Click here to go to webcasts!
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2004 - REGULAR MEETING
9:00 a.m. (Commissioners’ Conference Room)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
# 2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes. If the number wishing to testify exceeds 7 speakers, each speaker's time may be reduced to fit within 20 minutes.)
3. COMMISSIONERS' REMONSTRANCE (2 min. limit)
4. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. THIRD READING AND DELIBERATION/Ordinance No. 19-04/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 7 of the Lane Code to Add a Provision Pertaining to Filing of Rabies Vaccination Certificate, Issuance of Tag (LC 7.088) (NBA & PM 11/23/04 & 12/8/04). (Teresa Wilson) (15 min.)
5. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
6. PUBLIC WORKS
a. DISCUSSION/Road Fund Review – Secure Rural Schools Re-Authorization and New Project Requests. (Ollie Snowden) (20 min.) (View Material)
b. REPORT BACK/Legal Lot Verifications, Property Line Adjustments, and Roads Dividing Legal Lots (NBA & PM 4/28/04 & 5/12/04). (Steve Hopkins) (10 min.) (View Material)
c. ORDER 04-12-15-1/In the Matter of Denying a Request to Amend the Rural Comprehensive Plan to Redesignate and Rezone 73.76 Acres of Land From "Agricultural Land/E-40 Exclusive Farm Use" to "Marginal Land/ML Marginal Lands" (File PA02-5838; Ogle-Childs). (Jerry Kendall) (5 min.) (View Material)
d. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance No. PA 1220/In the Matter of Amending the Rural Comprehensive Plan to Redesignate Land From "Forest" to "Marginal Land" and Rezoning That Land From "F-2/Impacted Forest Lands” to "Ml/Marginal Land," and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses (File PA 03-5901; Carver) (Second Reading & Public Hearing: January 12, 2005, 1:30 pm). (Thom Lanfear) (5 min.)
7. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * (2 min.)
A. Approval of Minutes
April 13, 2004, Work Session, 9:00 a.m.
September 15, 2004, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
November 23, 2004, Legislative Breakfast, 7:00 a.m.
November 23, 2004 Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
December 1, 2004, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
December 1, 2004, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
B. County Administration
1) ORDER 04-12-15-2/In the Matter of Approving the Internal Auditor Work Plan for 2005. (View Material)
C. Health and Human Services
1) ORDER 04-12-15-3/In the Matter of Ratifying the County Administrator's Signature on a Contract with PeaceHealth, Oregon Region for Billing Authority Not to Exceed $400,000 and to Delegate Authority to Sign Contracts with Mercy Medical Center and Providence Health Systems for Billing Authority Not to Exceed $200,000 Each for the Period October 1, 2004 Through September 30, 2005. (View Material)
D. Management Services
1) ORDER 04-12-15-4/In the Matter of Authorizing the County Administrator to Execute a Three Year Lease Agreement with the Lane County Extension Service with Revenue of $228,384 for Space at 950 W. 13th Avenue, Eugene. (View Material)
2) ORDER 04-12-15-5/In the Matter of Cancellation and Forfeiture of a Land Sale Contract Pursuant to ORS 275.220 and ORS Chapter 93 with Billy Joe and Dorothy A. King for the Purchase of County Owned Real Property (Map # 16-04-15-00-00600, 92909 River Road, Junction City. (View Material)
E. Public Works
1) ORDER 04-12-15-6/In the Matter of Dedicating and Accepting a Parcel of County Owned Land as Right of Way For an Unnamed Public Road (18-10-07). (View Material)
2) ORDER 04-12-15-7/In the Matter of Awarding a Three-Year Requirements Contract to Cascade Health Solutions for the Purchase of Alcohol and Drug Testing, CDL Physicals, and Miscellaneous Services. (View Material)
3) ORDER 04-12-15-8/In the Matter of Awarding a Three-Year Requirements Contract to The Jerry Brown Co., Inc. for the Purchase of Cardlock Fuel and Fueling Services in Veneta, Contract No. RFP04/05 FS-01. (View Material)
4) ORDER 04-12-15-9/In the Matter of Releasing, Dedicating and Accepting Parcels of County Owned Real Estate, as Public Road Right-of-Way. (20-03-20) (Un-Named Road). (View Material)
5) ORDER 04-12-15-10/In the Matter of Re-Appointing a Member to the Lane County Planning Commission. (View Material)
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2004 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
8. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
a. ORDER 04-12-15-11/In the Matter of Establishing One Full-Time (1.0 FTE) Developmental Disabilities Specialist Effective January 1, 2005 in the Department of Health & Human Services. (Rob Rockstroh) (5 min.) (View Material)
9. MANAGEMENT SERVICES
a. ORDER 04-12-15-12/In the Matter of Acknowledging Receipt of the Lane County Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for the Year Ended June 30, 2004, and Filing a Copy of the Audit Report with the Secretary of State. (David Suchart, Mike Barnhart and Mary Case) (10:30 A.M. TIME CERTAIN) (20 min.) (View Material)
b. REPORT/Government Finance Officers Association Award. (David Suchart) (10 min.)
10. PUBLIC SAFETY
a. PROGRESS REPORT/Community Wildfire Protection Plan. (Linda Cook) (30 min.) (View Material)
b. ORDER 04-12-15-13/In the Matter of Approving Increased Funds for the Title III Project for Developing a Community Wildfire Protection Plan. (Linda Cook) (View Material)
c. ORDER 04-12-15-14/In the Matter of Appointing Jan Clements Sheriff Pro Tem. (Teresa Wilson) (View Material)
11. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
12. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
13. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
14. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
15. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
16. OTHER BUSINESS
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Tuesday, January 4 and/or Wednesday, January 5, 2005.