BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
(View Material) is
in PDF format. To view PDF (Adobe Acrobat) documents, you need the free
reader. If you don't have it, click here to download FREE!
Absolutely no obligation!:
or, if you want to read how to install first before you go to ADOBE, click here!
NOW AVAILABLE: Webcasts to view Board Meetings from your computer. Click here to go to webcasts!
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 25, 2004 - REGULAR MEETING
9:00 a.m. (Commissionersí Conference Room)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
#2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes. If the number wishing to testify exceeds 7 speakers, each speaker's time may be reduced to fit within 20 minutes.)
3. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
4. COMMISSIONERS' REMONSTRANCE (2 min. limit)
5. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. ORAL REPORT/Youth Voices Matter. (Evan Arkin) (10:30 A.M. TIME CERTAIN) (10 min.)
b. ORAL REPORT/Youth Voices Matter - 4-H Presentation. (Nicolette Rogers & Chris Wright) (10:45 A.M. TIME CERTAIN) (10 min.)
6. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
b. ORDER 04-8-4-2/In the Matter of Selecting Members for Appointment to the Service Stabilization Task Force. (John Arnold) (30 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
7. PUBLIC WORKS
a. FOURTH READING AND DELIBERATIONS/Ordinance No. PA 1209/In the Matter of Amending the Eugene- Springfield Metropolitan Area General Plan (Metro Plan) Chapter III, Section G. Public Facilities and Services Element and Chapter V Glossary; Amending the Eugene-Springfield Public Facilities and Services Plan (PFSP) and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses (Metro Plan Amendment) (Fourth Reading: August 25, 2004). (NBA & PM 6/8/04 & 6/22/04) (Stephanie Schulz)
b. THIRD READING AND DELIBERATIONS/Ordinance No. PA 1210/In the Matter of Amending the Rural Comprehensive Plan to Redesignate Land From "Agricultural" to "Marginal Land" and Rezoning That Land From "E-40/Exclusive Farm Use" to "Ml/Marginal Land", and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses (File PA 02-5838; Ogle). (NBA & PM 6/23/04 & 7/14/04) (Jerry Kendall) VIEW MATERIAL Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
c. DISCUSSION AND ACTION/Shall Lane County Purchase Hybrid Vehicles to Replace Vehicles Scheduled for Replacement in FY 04/05? (Dale Wendt) (20 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
d. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance No. PA 1214/In the Matter of Amending the Rural Comprehensive Plan and the Florence Comprehensive Plan to Enlarge the Florence Urban Growth Boundary; Redesignate Affected Lands From Rural Comp Plan Designations of Rural, Non-Resource, and Forest to Florence Comp Plan Designations of Medium Density Residential and Private Open Space; Rezone Affected Lands from Lane Code (LC) Chapter 16 Districts of "RR" Rural Residential and "F-2" Impacted Forest Lands to LC Chapter 10 Districts of "RR" Rural Residential and "PR/BD/U/SR/UGB" Public Reserve/Beaches and Dunes/Interim Urbanizing/Site Review; and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses; (Florence Periodic Review Work Task No.1) (Second Reading & Public Hearing: September 15, 2004, 1:30 p.m.). (Stephanie Schulz) (2 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
e. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/ Ordinance No. PA 1215/In the Matter of Adopting Criteria for Determining Significant Goal 5 Riparian Areas and Wildlife Habitat Sites Within the Springfield Urbanizable Area; Adopting an Updated Goal 5 Inventory for the Springfield Urbanizable Area; and Adopting a Severability Clause (Metro Periodic Review, Work Task No. 7) (Second Reading & Public Hearing: September 15, 2004, 1:30 p.m. (Stephanie Schulz) (2 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * (2 min.)
A. Approval of Minutes:
May 19, 2004, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
May 19, 2004, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
June 8, 2004, Work Session, 9:00 a.m.
June 9, 2004, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
June 22, 2004, JEO Work Session, 6:00 p.m.
June 22, 2004, JEO Regular Session, 7:00 p.m.
July 16, 2003, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
July 23, 2003, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
August 4, 2004, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
August 12, 2003, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
B. County Counsel
1) ORDER 04-8-25-1/In the Matter of Granting Permission to the Forestvale Memorial Park, Inc. to Move the Remains of Two Persons. VIEW MATERIAL
C. Health and Human Services
1) ORDER 04-8-25-2/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract to Center for Family Development in the Amount of $100,000 for a Co-Occurring Substance Abuse and Mental Disorder Treatment Program for the Period September 1, 2004 Through August 31, 2005. VIEW MATERIAL
2) ORDER 04-8-25-3/In the Matter of Accepting the 2004-2005 Oregon Health Plan Mental Health Organization Agreement in the Amount not to Exceed $16,000,000. VIEW MATERIAL
3) ORDER 04-8-25-4/In the Matter of Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Sign Memorandum of Agreement with the City of Eugene to Establish the Mental Health Court. VIEW MATERIAL
D. Public Works
1) ORDER 04-8-25-5/In the Matter of Accepting a Deed of Land to be Used as a Public Road Easement for Lynette Lane (17-05-29). VIEW MATERIAL
2) ORDER 04-8-25-6/In the Matter of Releasing, Dedicating and Accepting a Parcel of County Owned Real Estate, as a Public Road (21-03-05). VIEW MATERIAL
3) ORDER 04-8-25-7/In the Matter of the Alteration of a Portion of Prairie Road (County Road Number 203) from Carol Avenue, Northerly to Enid Road, Being Located Within Sections 3 and 10, Township 17 South, Range 4 West of the Willamette Meridian. VIEW MATERIAL
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * *
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 25, 2004 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
9. ASSESSMENT AND TAXATION
a. REPORT/Leadership Team Charge and Agreements. (Jim Gangle) (10 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
10. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
a. ORAL REPORT BACK/Public Health Rural Clinics. (Rob Rockstroh) (20 min.)
11. PUBLIC SAFETY
a. ORDER 04-8-25-8/In the Matter of Considering Concepts of a Public Safety Special District and Initiation of Metro Plan Amendments to Clarify and Provide Greater Flexibility in Service Delivery in the Eugene-Springfield Metropolitan Area. (Sheriff Clements) (30 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
12. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
13. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
14. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
15. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
16. OTHER BUSINESS
1:30 p.m. (Commissionersí Conference Room)
17. PUBLIC WORKS
a. STATUS REPORT/West Eugene Parkway. (Ollie Snowden)
b. ORDER 04-8-25-9/In the Matter of Authorizing The County Administrator to Sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) Regarding the West Eugene Parkway. (Ollie Snowden and Tom Stinchfield) VIEW MATERIAL
18. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
19. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
20. OTHER BUSINESS
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Tuesday, August 31, and/or Wednesday, September 1, 2004.