BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
(View Material) is
in PDF format. To view PDF (Adobe Acrobat) documents, you need the free
reader. If you don't have it, click here to download FREE!
Absolutely no obligation!:
or, if you want to read how to install first before you go to ADOBE, click here!
NOW AVAILABLE: Webcasts to view Board Meetings from your computer. Click here to go to webcasts!
TUESDAY, AUGUST 31, 2004 - ROAD TOUR WITH ROADS ADVISORY COMMITTEE AND VEGETATION MANAGEMENT ADVISORY COMMITTEE
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. †(Leave from Public Works, Delta at 8:00 a.m.)
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2004 - BCC ATTEND ANNUAL GOOD NEIGHBOR DAY
9:00 a.m. †††(Reed & Cross, Eugene)
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2004 - REGULAR MEETING
10:00 a.m. ††††(Commissionersí Conference Room)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
2. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
3. COMMISSIONERS' REMONSTRANCE (2 min. limit)
4. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
a. DISCUSSION/Appeal Regarding Contract for Alcohol and Drug Addiction Treatment to Offenders. (Rob Rockstroh) (10:00 A.M. TIME CERTAIN) (40 min.)
b. ORDER 04-9-1-1/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract in the Amount of $225,000 for Alcohol and Drug Addiction Treatment to Offenders. (Rob Rockstroh) (5 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
a. ORDER AND RESOLUTION 04-9-1-2/In the Matter of Proclaiming September 12-18, 2004 as Parenting Education Week. (Alicia Hays) (10:45 A.M. TIME CERTAIN) (15 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
b. ORDER 04-9-1-3/In the Matter of Commemorating the 40th Anniversary of the U.S. Wilderness Act. (Peter Sorenson) (11:00 A.M. TIME CERTAIN) (10 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
c. RESOLUTION 04-9-1-4/In the Matter of Proclaiming† the Week of September 1 as Good Neighbor Day. (Commissioner Green) (5 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
#6. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes:† Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes.† If the number wishing to testify exceeds 7 speakers, each speaker's time may be reduced to fit within 20 minutes.)
7. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. ORDER 04-9-1-5/In the Matter of Recommending Appointments to the Lane County Cultural Coalition. (Commissioner Green) (10 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
b. ORDER 04-9-1-18/In the Matter of Naming the New Defendant and Offender Management Center the Richard K. Sherman Defendant and Offender Management Center.
8. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
b. ORDER 04-9-1-6/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 3 of the Lane Manual to Adopt Policy Exceptions Pertaining to Use of the Lane County Logo (LM 2.701). (Melinda Kletzok) (10 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
9. PUBLIC WORKS
a. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance No. PA 1216/In the Matter of Amending the Rural Comprehensive Plan, Taking a Reasons Exception to Goals 3 And 4; and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses (File PA 04-5003; St. Parks) (Second Reading & Public Hearing: September 15, 2004, 1:30 p.m.). (Jerry Kendall) (5 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
b. ORDER 04-9-1-7/In the Matter of Revising the Load Postings for Briggs Hill Road, Garoutte Road, Molitor Hill Road and Sears Road. (Sonny Chickering) (5 min.)
10. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below.† There will be no separate discussion of these items.† If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * (2 min.)
A. Approval of Minutes:
December 1, 2003, Special Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
January 13, 2004, Work Session, 9:00 a.m.
June 23, 2004, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
B. Health and Human Services
1) ORDER 04-9-1-8/In the Matter of Adjusting the Department of Health & Human Services Budget (Human Services Commission Fund 285) to Appropriate Additional Revenues in the Amount of $454,892 for the Human Services Commission Energy Program; to Establish a 1.0 FTE Administrative Assistant. VIEW MATERIAL
C. Public Safety
1) ORDER 04-9-1-9/In the Matter of Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Execute the Specific Contracts and Intergovernmental Agreements Listed in the Cover Memo Related to the State Homeland Security Program and Law Enforcement Terrorism Prevention Program Grants. VIEW MATERIAL
D. Public Works
1) ORDER 04-9-1-10/In the Matter of Vacating a Portion of Sailor Road (Co. Rd. #706), Located in Sections 29 and 32, Township 17 South, Range 6 West of the Willamette Meridian, in Lane County, Oregon, Without a Public Hearing and Adopting Findings of Fact (17-06-29 & 32). VIEW MATERIAL
2) ORDER 04-9-1-11/In the Matter of Releasing, Dedicating and Accepting a Parcel of County Owned Real Estate, as a County Road. (Parcel "A" Fawn Hills) (18-04-20). VIEW MATERIAL
3) ORDER 04-9-1-12/In the Matter of Releasing, and Dedicating a Parcel of County Owned Real Estate, as a Public Road.† (18-02-05-12) (Rocky Road Drive). VIEW MATERIAL
4) ORDER 04-9-1-13/In the Matter of Releasing, Dedicating and Accepting a Parcel of County Owned Real Estate, As A Public Road. (18-02-05-12) (Rocky Road Drive). VIEW MATERIAL
5) ORDER 04-9-1-14/In the Matter of Alteration of a Portion of Coburg Road (Market Road Number 41, County Road Numbers 403, 537, 636, 655 and 1043) Being Located Within Sections 3, 4, 9, 10, 16 and 17, Township 17 South, Range 3 West of the Willamette Meridian. VIEW MATERIAL
6) ORDER 04-9-1-15/In the Matter of Authorizing Submittal of Local Bridge Applications for Funding Through the Federal Highway Bridge Replacement and Rehabilitation (HBRR) Program. VIEW MATERIAL
E. Workforce Partnership
1) ORDER 04-9-1-16/In the Matter of Appointing a Member to the Lane Workforce Partnership Youth Council. VIEW MATERIAL
F. County Administration
1) ORDER 04-9-1-19/In the Matter of Entering Into a Memorandum of Understanding with the Bureau of Land Management Related to Cooperating Agency Status in Future BLM Planning Activities.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * *
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2004 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
11. DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
a. ORDER 04-9-1-17/In the Matter of Increasing Revenues and Expenditures in Fund 124 and Creating a 1.0 FTE Victim Advocate Position and a 1.0 FTE Office Assistant 1 Position. (Alex Gardner) VIEW MATERIAL
12. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
13. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
14. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
15. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
16. OTHER BUSINESS
*NOTE:† Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Tuesday, September 14 and/or Wednesday, September 15, 2004.