BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
(View Material) is
in PDF format. To view PDF (Adobe Acrobat) documents, you need the free
reader. If you don't have it, click here to download FREE!
Absolutely no obligation!:
or, if you want to read how to install first before you go to ADOBE, click here!
NOW AVAILABLE: Webcasts to view Board Meetings from your computer. Click here to go to webcasts!
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2004 - WORK SESSION
9:00 a.m. (Harris Hall)
LEADERSHIP FORUM/County Commissioners and Legislative Candidates. VIEW MATERIAL
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2004 - REGULAR MEETING
9:00 a.m. (Commissioners’ Conference Room)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
#2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes. If the number wishing to testify exceeds 7 speakers, each speaker's time may be reduced to fit within 20 minutes.)
3. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
4. COMMISSIONERS' REMONSTRANCE (2 min. limit)
5. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. REPORT/CVALCO Annual Report. (Kari Westlund) (9:30 A.M. TIME CERTAIN) (15 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
b. REPORT/Extension Service. (Nellie Oehler and Ross Penhallegon) (15 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
6. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
a. ORDER 04-9-15-1/In the Matter of Proclaiming September 2004 as National Alcohol and Drug Addiction Recovery Month. (Rob Rockstroh) (10:00 A.M. TIME CERTAIN) (30 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
7. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
b. ORDER 04-9-15-2/In the Matter of Purchasing and Implementation of Performance Measure Data Collection and Reporting Software and Allocation of the Cost to Departments and Authorize the County Administrator to Sign Contract. (Karen Gaffney and Tanya Heaton) (10 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
8. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * (2 min.)
A. Approval of Minutes:
August 12, 2003, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
January 15, 2004, Special Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
January 16, 2004, Special Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
June 9, 2004, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
June 15, 2004, Work Session, 9:00 a.m.
June 23, 2004, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
August 25, 2004, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
B. County Administration
1) ORDER 04-9-15-3/In the Matter of Reappointing Justices Pro Tempore for the Central Lane Justice Court for One (1) Year. VIEW MATERIAL
2) ORDER 04-9-15-4/In the Matter of Reappointing Justices Pro Tempore for the Florence Justice Court for One (1) Year. VIEW MATERIAL
3) ORDER 04-9-15-5/In the Matter of Reappointing Justices Pro Tempore for the Oakridge Justice Court for One (1) Year. VIEW MATERIAL
4) ORDER 04-9-15-6/In the Matter of Amending the Existing Assistance Agreements with the U.S. Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management and Authorizing the County Administrator to Sign the Amended Agreements. VIEW MATERIAL
C. Health and Human Services
1) ORDER 04-9-15-7/In the Matter of Approving a Grant Application to the State of Oregon, Department of Human Services for the Lane Early Childhood Development Project in the Amount of $312,500 for the Period October 1, 2004 through December 31, 2006. VIEW MATERIAL
2) ORDER 04-9-15-8/In the Matter of Accepting Revenue in the Amount of $57,555 from Willamette Family Treatment Services, Inc. for Registered Nursing Services. VIEW MATERIAL
D. Public Safety
1) ORDER 04-9-15-9/In the Matter of Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Execute Change Order No. One (1) to Motorola Contract for Sheriff's Office Dispatch and Communication Equipment Upgrade. VIEW MATERIAL
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * *
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2004 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
9. COUNTY COUNSEL
a. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance 16-04/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 5 of Lane Code to Clarify Lien Priority (LC 5.017) (Second Reading and Public Hearing: September 9, 1:30 p.m., Commissioners' Conference Room). (Marc Kardell) (5 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
10. INFORMATION SYSTEMS
a. ORDER 04-9-15-10/In the Matter of Increasing the Lane County Information Services Department FTE by 2.0 by Establishing Two 1.0 FTE Programmer Analyst II Positions Working in Support of the Lane County Health and Human Services and Public Works Departments. (Tony Black) (10 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
b. ORDER 04-9-15-11/In the Matter of Increasing the Lane County Information Services Department FTE by 1.0 by Establishing a 1.0 FTE Programmer Analyst II Position Working Entirely in Support of the Lane County Sheriff’s Department. (Tony Black) (10 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
11. MANAGEMENT SERVICES
a. REPORT/Designating Tax Foreclosed Property as County Parkland. (Jeff Turk) (45 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
12. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
13. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
14. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
15. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660 (Commissioners' Conference Room)
16. OTHER BUSINESS
1:30 p.m. (Commissioners’ Conference Room)
#17. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance No. PA 1215/In the Matter of Adopting Criteria for Determining Significant Goal 5 Riparian Areas and Wildlife Habitat Sites Within the Springfield Urbanizable Area; Adopting an Updated Goal 5 Inventory for the Springfield Urbanizable Area; and Adopting a Severability Clause (Metro Periodic Review, Work Task No. 7). (NBA & PM 8/25/04). (Stephanie Schulz) VIEW MATERIAL
b. SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance No. PA 1214/In the Matter of Amending the Rural Comprehensive Plan and the Florence Comprehensive Plan to Enlarge the Florence Urban Growth Boundary; Redesignate Affected Lands From Rural Comp Plan Designations of Rural, Non-Resource, and Forest to Florence Comp Plan Designations Of Medium Density Residential And Private Open Space; Rezone Affected Lands From Lane Code (LC) Chapter 16 Districts of 'RR' Rural Residential and 'F-2' Impacted Forest Lands to LC Chapter 10 Districts of 'RR' Rural Residential and 'PR/BD/U/SR/UGB' Public Reserve/Beaches and Dunes/Interim Urbanizing/Site Review; and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses; (Florence Periodic Review Work Task No.1) (NBA & PM 8/25/04). (Stephanie Schulz) VIEW MATERIAL
c. SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance No. PA 1216/In the Matter of Amending the Rural Comprehensive Plan, Taking a Reasons Exception to Goals 3 And 4; and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses (File PA 04-5003; St. Parks). (NBA & PM 9/1/04). (Jerry Kendall)
18. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
19. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
20. OTHER BUSINESS
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Tue., Sept. 21 and/or Wed., Sept. 22, 2004.