BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
(View Material) is
in PDF format. To view PDF (Adobe Acrobat) documents, you need the free
reader. If you don't have it, click here to download FREE!
Absolutely no obligation!:
or, if you want to read how to install first before you go to ADOBE, click here!
NOW AVAILABLE: Webcasts to view Board Meetings from your computer. Click here to go to webcasts!
MONDAY, JUNE 20, 2005 - JOINT ELECTED OFFICIALS' MEETING
5:30 p.m. - DINNER (Springfield Library Meeting Room, 225 5th Street, Springfield)
6:00 p.m. - WORK SESSION
7:00 p.m. - PUBLIC HEARING
1. SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance No. PA 1223/In the Matter of Amending the Eugene-Springfield Metropolitan Area General Plan (Metro Plan) Diagram for Property in the Glenwood Area, with Concurrent Glenwood Refinement Plan Diagram and Text Amendments, and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses (NBA & PM 6/1/05). (Stephanie Schulz)
2. SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance No. 2-05/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 10 of Lane Code to Adopt Amendments to the Springfield Development Regulations for Application to Urbanizable Lands Within the Springfield Urban Growth Area (LC 10.600-15) and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses (NBA & PM 6/1/05). (Stephanie Schulz)
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22, 2005 - REGULAR MEETING
9:00 a.m. (Commissioners’ Conference Room)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
# 2. PUBLIC HEARING
a. PUBLIC HEARING AND ORDER 05-6-22-1/In the Matter of Adopting the FY2004-2005 Supplemental Budget #3, Making, Reducing and Transferring Appropriations. (Dave Garnick)
b. PUBLIC HEARING AND ORDER 05-6-22-2/In the Matter of Adopting the 2005-2006 Lane County Budget, Making Appropriations and Levying Taxes. (David Garnick and Bill VanVactor) View Material
# 3. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes. If the number wishing to testify exceeds 7 speakers, each speaker's time may be reduced to fit within 20 minutes.)
4. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
5. COMMISSIONERS' REMONSTRANCE (2 min. limit)
6. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
7. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. REPORT/Centrolatino Americano. (David Piercy and Miriam A. Jordan)
b. REPORT BACK/Correspondence to Board Regarding Moving the Siuslaw Pioneer Museum and Allowing a Church Use in the Rural Commercial Zone (LC 16.291). (Stephen Vorhes) (10 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
8. COMMITTEE REPORTS
a. Legislative Committee. (Tony Bieda) (15 min.)
9. PUBLIC WORKS
a. ORDER 05-6-22-3/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract to ____________________ in the Amount of $_________ for Grading, Drainage, Paving, Illumination and Roadside Development – South 42nd Street (Jasper Road-Mt. Vernon Road). (Sonny Chickering) (5 min.)
b. ORDER 05-6-22-4/In the Matter of Designating $275,000 for Construction of Road Fund Eligible Improvements to Assist the Westtown on 8th Affordable Housing Project in Eugene. (Sonny Chickering) (10 min.)
10. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * (2 min.)
A. Approval of Minutes:
September 14, 2004, Work Session, 9:00 a.m.
October 12, 2004, Public Hearing, 7:00 p.m.
October 26, 2004, Budget Comm, 12:00 p.m.
B. Management Services
1) ORDER 05-6-22-5/In the Matter of Authorizing the County Administrator to Execute an Option to Purchase Agreement with Jeffrey W. Maxwell or Assigns for the Sale of County Owned Real Property Identified as Map No. 16-04-15-00-00600 (92909 River Road, Junction City).
C. Youth Services
1) ORDER 05-6-22-6/In the Matter of Approving a Three Month Contract Amendment in the Amount of $119,603 with Looking Glass to Provide Residential Drug and Alcohol Services for Adolescent Youth in the Lane County Juvenile Justice System.
2) ORDER 05-6-22-7/In the Matter of Approving a Three Month Contract Amendment in the Amount of $28,000 with Center for Family Development to Provide Psychological Services for Adolescent Youth in the Lane County Juvenile Justice System.
D. Public Works
1) ORDER 05-6-22-8/In the Matter of Authorizing the Establishment of a Change Fund in the Amount of $3,500 in Fund 216 for the Parks Division of the Lane County Department of Public Works.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * *
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22, 2005 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
11. COUNTY COUNSEL
a. ORDER 05-6-22-9/In the Matter of a Commitment to the Fairgrounds Facilities, Approving the Reimbursement of Transient Room Tax Special Project Funds and the FY 06 Operational Use of Room Taxes, and Providing Direction for Future Options. (Teresa Wilson) (5 min.)
b. ORDER 05-6-22-10/In the Matter of Approving the Use of Transient Room Tax Funds for Operational Purposes for the Florence Events Center. (Teresa Wilson) (10 min.)
12. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
a. ORDER 05-6-22-11/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 60 of Lane Manual to Revise Certain Health & Human Services Fees (LM 60.840) Effective July 1, 2005. (Rob Rockstroh) (10 min.)
13. MANAGEMENT SERVICES
a. ORDER 05-6-22-12/In the Matter of Creating a Classification and Salary Range for Dental Assistant. (Jan Wilbur) (10 min.)
b. ORDER 05-6-22-13/In the Matter of Authorizing the County Administrator to Execute Up to a 24-Month Lease Agreement with the State of Oregon for Approximately 10,536 Square Feet of State Owned Office Space Located at 165 East Seventh Avenue Eugene for the Parole and Probation and Veteran's Services Programs for an Expense Not to Exceed $307,000.
14. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
15. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
16. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
17. OTHER BUSINESS
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Tuesday, June 28 and/or Wednesday, June 29, 2005.