BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
PM- Previous Material
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
(View Material) is
in PDF format. To view PDF (Adobe Acrobat) documents, you need the free
reader. If you don't have it, click here to download FREE!
Absolutely no obligation!:
or, if you want to read how to install first before you go to ADOBE, click here!
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2002 - WORK SESSION
9:00 a.m. (Commissioners’ Conference Room)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
# 2. PUBLIC COMMENTS (Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes and may not yield their time to other speakers.)
3. COMMISSIONERS' REMONSTRANCE (2 min. limit)
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(NOTE: 9:15 A.M. TIME CERTAIN) (Commissioners' Conference Room)
5. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. REPORT/St. Wendel Visit. (Ellie Dumdi) (10:15 A.M. TIME CERTAIN) (15 min.)
b. ORDER 02-11-26-1/In the Matter of Adopting a Supervisory Authority Team Model for the Adult Corrections System. (Gretchen Pierce, John Clague, Grant Nelson, and Judge Karsten Rasmussen). (11:00 A.M. TIME CERTAIN) (45 min.) (View Material)
6. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
7. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
a. DISCUSSION, ACTION AND ORDER 02-11-26-2/In
the Matter of Approving the Submission of a Community Health Center Grant
Application to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services in the Amount
of $650,000. (Rob Rockstroh and Steve Manela) (30 min.) (View
8. PUBLIC WORKS
b. FIRST READING AND SETTING SECOND READING AND PUBLIC HEARING/Ordinance PA 1185/Adopting Amendments to the Junction City Comprehensive Plan To Redesignate Land From "Professional Technical" to a Mix of "Professional Technical", "Commercial/Residential", "Medium Density Residential", "Low Density Residential", and "Open Space"; to Amend Comprehensive Plan Text; to Adopt a New Land Needs Assessment; and Adopting Savings and Severability Clauses (File PA 01-6231; Oaklea) (Second Reading & Public Hearing: December 11, 2002, 1:30 p.m.). (Jerry Kendall) (2 min.)
9. YOUTH SERVICES
a. ORDER 02-11-26-3/In the Matter of approving an Intergovernmental Agreement with Lane Education Services District in the Amount of $956,028 for 36 Months to Provide Juvenile Counselors, Computers, Automobile Leases and Mileage Expenses, Related to the Implementation of the Safe Schools/Healthy Students Grant for 36 Months, Appropriating the Funds to the Budget of the Department of Youth Services, Authorizing the Creation of Four 1.0 Juvenile Counselor Positions and Authorizing the County Administrator to Execute the Intergovernmental Agreement in Substantial Conformity with the Attachment. (Lisa Smith) (15 min.) (View Material)
10. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * (2 min.)
A. Approval of Minutes:
April 10, 2002, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
April 16, 2002, Work Session, 9:00 a.m.
October 30, 2002,
Regional Transportation Finance Meeting, 7:00 p.m.
B. County Administration
1) ORDER 02-11-26-4/In the Matter of Delegating Authority to the County Administrator to Execute the Fifth Amended PERS Declaratory Judgment/Legislative Lobbying Cost Sharing Agreement. (View Material)
C. Health and Human Services
1) ORDER 02-11-26-5/In the Matter of Appointing Medical Staff of the Lane County Psychiatric Hospital and Granting Them Physician Privileges as Listed in Exhibit A. (View Material)
D. Management Services
1) ORDER 02-11-26-6/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property to Ronald S. Pfaff, Former Owner of Record (Map #18-04-13-00-01100, 4280 Blanton Road, Eugene). (View Material)
2) ORDER 02-11-26-7/In the Matter of Award of Bid LCP 2002-06 for Requirements Purchase of Canon Copier Maintenance Services for All the Unit Prices Bid. (View Material)
E. Public Safety
1) ORDER 02-11-26-8/In the Matter of Approving Competitive Selection for Professional Services Contracts for Registered Nurses (RN) and Certified Medical Assistants (CMA) in the Lane County Adult Corrections Facility and Awarding Contracts to New Horizons in the Amount Not to Exceed $80,000 for RN Services and $55,000 for CMA Services. (View Material)
F. Public Works
1) ORDER 02-11-26-9/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract to Brown Contracting, Inc. in the Amount of $63,605.00 for the Repair of the Central Receiving Station Pit Wall and Authorizing the County Administrator to Execute the Contract. (View Material)
2) ORDER 02-11-26-10/In the Matter of Confirming the Public Works Director’s Revised Posting of Marcola Road Bridge and Fir Butte Road Bridge. (View Material)
1) ORDER 02-11-26-11/In the Matter of Approving a Contract Between Lane County and Center for Family Development for the Provision of Mental Health Services to Youth Involved with the Lane County Youth Services Department in the Amount of $67,000 for the Time Period From November 11, 2002 Through June 30, 2003 and Authorizing the County Administrator to Execute Contract that is in Substantial Conformity with Attachment. (View Material)
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * *
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2002 - WORK SESSION (Continued)
11. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
12. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
13. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
*NOTE: Estimated Times
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2002
No Board of Commissioners' Meeting.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 28, 2002 - THANKSGIVING
Lane County Offices Will Be Closed.
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Tuesday, December 3 (Leadership Team) and/or Wednesday, December 4, 2002 (Board of Commissioners).