BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
PM- Previous Material
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
(View Material) is
in PDF format. To view PDF (Adobe Acrobat) documents, you need the free
reader. If you don't have it, click here to download FREE!
Absolutely no obligation!:
or, if you want to read how to install first before you go to ADOBE, click here!
MONDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2003 - JOINT BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS/COTTAGE GROVE CITY COUNCIL MEETING (Cottage Grove City Hall)
6:30 p.m. - Annual Cottage Grove Jail Inspection with Lane County Board of Commissioners
7:00 p.m. - Joint Meeting
1. Call to Order
2. Introductions/Roll Call
3. Public Comment on Agenda Items
4. Comments from Commissioners
5. Business from the Cottage Grove City Council
a. Hwy 99 & Harrison Avenue Intersection Improvements
b. County Road Funds and Cities/County Road Fund
Meeting Scheduled for November 25, 2003.
c. Water Feasibility Study-Layng Creek
d. ODOT Utilities - Gettings Creek Rest Area.
6. Public Comment on Items Not on the Agenda
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2003 - LEADERSHIP TEAM MEETING
8:30 a.m. - 12:00 Noon (Goodson Room, Public Works, Delta)
1. Call Meeting to Order.
2. Approval of Minutes:
January 14, 2003, Leadership Team, 1:30 p.m.
January 21, 2003, Leadership Team, 9:00 a.m.
3. Moody’s Bond Rating Report. (Becky Koble, Financial Services Mgr.)
4. Financial Forecast Report. (Dave Garnick, Sr. Mgmt Analyst)
a. Financial Forecast Update.
b. Long-Term View - JAWS.
c. Various Scenarios.
i. County Payment Renewal
ii. Stability of State Funding
iii. PERS Reform Litigation
iv. Growth in Health Care Costs
v. LCPOA Settlement
5. FY 04-05 Budget Process. (Dave Garnick)
a. FY 04-05 Reduction Target: Direction Requested
- Which scenario do we use?
b. Budget Growth Parameters: Discussion Item
c. Service Evaluation Criteria: Discussion Item. (Management Team)
d. Long-Term View: Review Revenue Possibilities: Discussion
and Possible Direction. (John Arnold, Mgmt Analyst II)
e. Goal Setting
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2003 - SWEARING-IN CEREMONY
1:30 p.m. (Harris Hall Main Floor)
Administration of Oath (The Honorable Karsten Rasmussen, Circuit Court Judge, Presiding):
Don Hampton, East Lane Commissioner
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2003 - REGULAR MEETING
9:00 a.m. (Commissioners’ Conference Room)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
# 2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes. If the number wishing to testify exceeds 7 speakers, each speaker's time may be reduced to fit within 20 minutes.)
3. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
4. COMMISSIONERS' REMONSTRANCE (2 min. limit)
a. RESOLUTION AND ORDER 03-10-15-1/In the Matter of Proclaiming the Week of October 13-19, 2003 as Prenatal Care Week in Lane County. (Rob Rockstroh) (5 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
b. RESOLUTION AND ORDER 03-10-15-13/In the Matter of Proclaiming the Week of October 20-24, 2003 as Medical Assistants Week. (Joyce Garibay) (5 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
6. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. ORDER 03-10-15-2/In the Matter of Amending Order 03-1-15-1 Appointing Representatives to Various Committees and Agencies to Replace Tom Lininger with Don Hampton. (Commissioner Sorenson) ( 5 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
7. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
b. DISCUSSION/Goal Setting. (Bill VanVactor) (10 min.)
8. PUBLIC WORKS
a. ORDER 03-10-15-3/In the Matter of Designating the Use of $114,417 for Construction of Road Fund Eligible Improvements to Assist the Santa Clara Glen Affordable Housing Project. (Betty Mishou and Sandy Halonen, NEDCO) (15 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
b. ORDER 03-10-15-4/In the Matter of Appointing Two Members to the Lane County Planning Commission. (Kent Howe) (10 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
9. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * (2 min.)
A. Approval of Minutes:
April 30, 2003, Regular Meeting, Following HACSA
September 8, 2003, Special Meeting, 8:50 a.m.
September 8, 2003, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
September 24, 2003, Regular Meeting, Following HACSA
September 24, 2003, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
B. County Administration
1) ORDER 03-10-15-5/In the Matter of Transferring $1,000 from the General Expense Contingency Fund to General Expense Materials & Services for the FOOD for Lane County Gardens Program Grass Roots Garden Large Greenhouse. VIEW MATERIAL
C. Management Services
1) ORDER 03-10-15-6/In the Matter of authorizing the Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property to Richard M. Miglioetto for $30,000 (Map #16-06-27-00-00900, Adjacent to 23988 Highway 36, Cheshire). VIEW MATERIAL
2) ORDER 03-10-15-7/In the Matter of Modifying the Terms of an Access Easement Authorized Per Order #02-5-1-9 Granted to John and Laura Maitland Over County Owned Real Property Identified as Assessor's Map #18-12-34-42 Tax Lots 1200 and 1299 (Glenada Area) and Authorizing Temporary Access Over County Property. VIEW MATERIAL
3) ORDER 03-10-15-8/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property to Larry A. Brown and Janet D. Brown, Former Owners of Record, for $12,200 (Map #17-04-24-34-07200, 104 Bauer Lane, Eugene). VIEW MATERIAL
D. Public Works
1) ORDER 03-10-15-9/In the Matter of Withdrawal of County Road Status (But Not the Public Road Status) From Duncan Slough Road (County Road Number 499), Located off Bernhardt Creek Road Near Karnowsky Creek, in Sections 15, 22 and 23, Township 18 South, Range 11 West of the Willamette Meridian (18-11-15, 22 & 23). (NBA & PM 7/16/03 and 9/10/03). VIEW MATERIAL
2) RESOLUTION, NOTICE OF HEARING AND ORDER 03-10-15-10/In the Matter of Setting a Public Hearing to Consider the Proposed Legalization of a Portion of Hulbert Lake Road (County Road No. 160), Being Located Within Sections 11, 13, and 14, Township 15 South, Range 5 West of the Willamette Meridian (15-05-11, 13, and 14) (Public Hearing: December 10, 2003, 1:30 p.m.). VIEW MATERIAL
3) ORDER 03-10-15-11/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 60 of the Lane Manual to Exclude Annual Subscriptions for Requested Notice from Additional Fees (LM 60.851(15)). VIEW MATERIAL
4) ORDER 03-10-15-12/In the Matter of Withdrawing the Lingo Lane at Highway 99E Improvement Project from the Capital Project Partnership Program (CaPP), Making the Funds Available for Other Projects, and Removing Said Project from the Public Works 2004-2008 Capital Improvement Program (CIP). VIEW MATERIAL
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * *
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2003 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
10. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
a. ORDER 03-10-15-13/In the Matter of Appointing 11 Members to the Community Action Advisory Committee. (Steve Manela) ( 5 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
11. MANAGEMENT SERVICES
a. ORDER 03-10-15-14/In the Matter of Creating a Classification and Salary Range for Physician. (Cindy Tofflemoyer) (10 min.) VIEW MATERIAL
12. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
13. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
14. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
15. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660 (TIME CERTAIN 1:30 P.M.)
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
16. OTHER BUSINESS
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Tuesday, October 28 and/or Wednesday, October 29, 2003.