BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' AGENDA
Public Service Bldg. 125 East 8th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 682-4203
PM- Previous Material
The meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Anyone needing special accommodations (hearing impaired, language translation, chemical sensitivity needs, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
(View Material) is
in PDF format. To view PDF (Adobe Acrobat) documents, you need the free
reader. If you don't have it, click here to download FREE!
Absolutely no obligation!:
or, if you want to read how to install first before you go to ADOBE, click here!
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 25, 2003 - WORK SESSION
9:00 a.m. (Commissioners' Conference Room)
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
# 2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(Maximum time 20 minutes: Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes. If the number wishing to testify exceeds 7 speakers, each speaker's time may be reduced to fit within 20 minutes.)
# 3. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. PUBLIC HEARING AND ORDER 03-11-25-1/In the Matter of Adopting the FY 2003-2004 Supplemental Budget #1 Making, Reducing and Transferring Appropriations. (David Garnick) (10 min.) (View Material)
4. EMERGENCY BUSINESS
5. COMMISSIONERS' REMONSTRANCE (2 min. limit)
6. COMMISSIONERS' BUSINESS
a. DISCUSSION/Planning Commission Vacancy Appointment Process. (Peter Sorenson and Kent Howe) (10 min.)
7. COUNTY ADMINISTRATION
8. PUBLIC WORKS
a. REPORT BACK/Fern Ridge Dam Repair/Junction City Water Control District. (Todd Winter) (15 min.) (View Material)
9. CONSENT CALENDAR
(All items listed here are considered to be routine by the Board of Commissioners and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.)
BEGINNING OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * * (2 min.)
A. Approval of Minutes:
June 11, 2003, Regular Meeting, Following HACSA
August 20, 2003, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
August 20, 3002, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
October 13, 2003, Joint BCC/Cottage Grove City Council Meeting, 7:00 p.m.
October 29, 2003, Regular Meeting, Following HACSA
November 5, 2003, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
November 5, 2003, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
November 12, 2003, Regular Meeting, 9:00 a.m.
November 12, 2003, Regular Meeting, 1:30 p.m.
B. Health and Human Services
1) ORDER 03-11-25-2/In the Matter of Accepting Revenues from the Human Services Coalition of Lane County in the Amount of $78,000; to Increase Appropriations in the Amount of $78,000 in the Department of Health & Human Services (Fund 285) for FY 2003/04. (View Material)
C. Management Services
1) ORDER 03-11-25-3/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property to Jan J. Wheeler and Mary L. Wheeler (Map # 21-02-00-00-00300, Located at the End of Keizer Creek Road, Cottage Grove). (View Material)
2) ORDER 03-11-25-4/In the Matter of Authorizing the Sale of Surplus County Owned Real Property to Jennifer Lehmer (Map #17-02-30-21-00100, Adjacent to 2246 32nd Street, Springfield). (View Material)
D. Public Works
1) ORDER 03-11-25-5/In the Matter of Awarding a Contract to Clyde/West, Inc., in the Amount of $104,335.00 with Trade-in, for the Purchase of One (1), New Integrated Toolcarrier, Contract FY03/04 FS-03. (View Material)
2) ORDER 03-11-25-6/In the Matter of Appointing Don McClure to the Roads Advisory Committee. (View Material)
3) RESOLUTION AND ORDER 03-11-25-7/In the Matter of Granting a Temporary Easement to the State of Oregon on County Owned Land (I-5 Bridge Crossing). (View Material)
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR * * * *
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 25, 2003 - REGULAR MEETING (Continued)
10. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
a. ORDER 03-11-25-8/In the Matter of Amending Chapter 3 of the Lane Manual to Add Provisions Pertaining to Establish and Maintain the Community Health Center Advisory Council. (Steve Manela) (10 min.) (View Material)
11. CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD
12. COMMISSIONERS' ANNOUNCEMENTS
13. REVIEW ASSIGNMENTS
14. EXECUTIVE SESSION as per ORS 192.660
(Commissioners' Conference Room)
15. OTHER BUSINESS
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 25, 2003 - LANE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS' JOINT COUNTY/CITY ROAD FINANCE MEETING
5:30 p.m. - Boxed Lunches for Invitees
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. (Lane Community College, Bldg 19, Room 102 [Map Attached]) (View Material)
1. Convene Board of Commissioners' Meeting.
2. Welcome and Introductions. (Commissioner Sorenson) (5 min.)
3. Overview of Meeting Structure (Commissioner Sorenson) (3 min.)
4. Review Results of Revenue/Expense reports (Ollie Snowden, Tom Stinchfield) (Attachments B,C) (10 min.)
5. City Transportation Funding Needs. (Richard Meyers, Cottage Grove) (10 min.)
6. County Payments Re-Authorization. (Commissioner Sorenson) (5 min.)
7. Proposal for Redistribution of County OTIA III Funding. (Commissioner Sorenson, Attachment D) (5 min.)
8. Questions/Comments. (30 min.)
9. Discussion of Long-term Strategies (All) (40 min.)
a. Operating Efficiencies – Are there opportunities in considering partnerships, consolidation, or alternative service delivery?
b. Local Option Fuel Tax (Attachment E)
c. Local Option Registration Fee (Attachment F)
10. Action/Follow-Up. (10 min.)
11. Status of County General Fund. (Bill Van Vactor) (2 min.)
*NOTE: Estimated Times
*NOTE: Next scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting Tuesday, December 2 and/or Wednesday, December 3, 2003.