The application period for those interested in fulfilling the remainder of former District 5, East Lane Commissioner Faye Stewart’s term ended today at 5:00 p.m.
There are 29 total applicants, of which 27 meet the minimum qualifications and will move forward into the interview process.
Click here to download the applications of the 27 who will be interviewed.
Interviews will be conducted on Wednesday, April 12, beginning at 9:00 a.m. in Harris Hall (125 E. 8th Avenue, Eugene). Each candidate will be provided up to five minutes to answer an initial question from the Board of County Commissioners. Commissioners will then determine which applicants to invite to a second round of interviews in the afternoon. The afternoon session will begin at 1:30 p.m. in Harris Hall where the remaining applicants will each be asked to respond to a set of questions. After the interviews are complete, the Board of Commissioners will deliberate and may make a decision that afternoon.
The interviews are open to the public and will also be webcast live at http://apps.lanecounty.org/Webcast/Default.aspx
and broadcast live on Metro TV (Comcast Channel 21).
There will not be public comment on April 12. Members of the community who wish to provide comment should either contact the Board of Commissioners via email at email@example.com
, or attend the regular meeting on Tuesday, April 11, at 9:00 a.m. in Harris Hall to provide public comment.
Former Commissioner Faye Stewart announced on March 21 that he would step down in order to take a position as Public Works and Development director for the City of Cottage Grove. Applications to fulfill the remainder of Stewart’s term were accepted between March 22 and April 6.
In order to qualify for the position, an applicant must:
- be a citizen of the United States;
- be a legal voter in the state of Oregon;
- be a resident of the county who has resided in the county two years immediately preceding the beginning of the term of office; and
- reside within District 5, East Lane County for a period of not less than two months prior to appointment.
Applicants were also required complete an online application form and submit a resume and cover letter.
The applicants who met minimum requirements are:
Posted April 6, 2017
- James Barber, Springfield
- Heather Buch, Eugene
- Gary Carl, Oakridge
- Charles Conrad, Dexter
- Donald Ehrich, Creswell
- Michael Fleck, Cottage Grove
- Jennifer Flint, Springfield
- William Ganser, Eugene
- Cedric Hayden, Fall Creek
- Christy Inskip, Cottage Grove
- Tim Laue, Blue River
- Kevin Matthews, Dexter
- Gary Mounce, Creswell
- Donald Nordin, Cottage Grove
- Thomas Price, Eugene
- Rose Reinertson, Eugene
- Alvin Riggs, Lowell
- Laura Roman, Blue River
- Betsy Schultz, Springfield
- Robert Schutte, Pleasant Hill
- Patrick Starnes, Blue River
- David Stram, Creswell
- John Tyler, Dexter
- Cindy Weeldreyer, Cottage Grove
- Thomas Wheeler, Cottage Grove
- Gary Williams, Cottage Grove
- Marie Wilson, Springfield
Posted on 04/07/2017